Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 08:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Emulator + Editor

Discussion on [Release] Emulator + Editor within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] Emulator + Editor

First release is a production-ready emulator + editor.
Previously used by alcadia, currently used by archonia.

Download:

Source code for this emulator will not be released because I don't know what's in there (account credentials and other private information).

Instructions:
1. Install PostgreSQL 9.6.
2. Create database and user:
Code:
createuser -U postgres alef_user
createdb -U postgres alef
psql -U postgres (type in your password)
ALTER USER alef_user WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'alef_pwd';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE alef TO alef_user;
\q
3. Recover dump:
Code:
pg_restore -U alef_user -d alef < database.bak
4. Change IP in configuration files:
- server\ini\server_config.ini
- patch\server_config.ini
- client\archlord.ini
5. All done. Run GameServer.exe and alefclient.exe to get into game.

You can add 'LimitCPU=1' to 'server\ini\game_config.ini' in order to reduce CPU use (it will add a sleep(1ms) to server loop). Not recommened on production server.

The attached database is a recent snapshot from archonia.
All passwords are set to 'password' (stored with random-generated salt and hashed).

GameServer.exe facilitates website access through TCP sockets.
Servers expects a zero-terminated string and responds with a zero-terminated string.
Requests:
Code:
CHECK_USERNAME:username (check if username is available)
ADD_ACCOUNT:username:password:email
ADD_BALANCE:username:balance (add CC)
You can use PHP to setup the website, or any other web technology with TCP socket support.

Chat commands:
/add_cc amount
/create item_tid
/create item_tid stack_count
/create character_name item_tid stack_count
/spawn_instance spawn_name radius
/notice message
/ban_by_user username
/ban_by_character character_name
/get_user_by_character character_name
/unban user_name
/set_exp_rate rate
/set_gold_rate rate
/set_drop_rate rate
/set_unique_rate rate
/[un]ban_from_chat character_name
/set_max_cast value
/set_max_cooldown value
/arenadmg value (Arena damage reduction)
/setarenapts character_name points
/invisible
/move x,z
/goadmin character_name
/pull character_name
/kill character_name
/set_level level
/set_even_rate rate (Event monsters)
/arena[un]ban[ranked] character_name
/addarenacoins character_name amount
/boec character_name (toggle best of each class status)

Editor configuration:
1. Open 'editor\config' file with any text editor.
2. Update various paths to wherever you've unpacked server/editor/client.

Second release is an open-source project:

Currently there is a terrain editor, object editor and npc editor.
There is also a server emulator that is largely untested and with many features missing or incomplete.

I do plan to continue working on this project in the next few months, with daily updates and weekly releases.

Edit:
If you are having problems with missing DLLs, these DLLs are part of the PostgreSQL installation.
Normally, when PostgreSQL is installed, its bin directory will be added to your path, so you shouldn't get DLL errors.
If you still do, maybe this directory isn't added to your path for some reason, or the changes to path hasn't taken effect (restart your machine).
If you still get these errors, you can copy these to where GameServer.exe is from your PostgreSQL installation path.
Thanks
19 Users
Old 08/22/2023, 17:10   #2

That works only with Linux, right?
Old 08/23/2023, 12:36   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinobis View Post
That works only with Linux, right?
These are all Windows executables, though it may need an old version of windows, PostgreSQL 9.6 is from 2016 and I couldn't get it to even install on Win10 or 11 and hit many issues with missing DLL's when I tried.
Old 08/23/2023, 13:14   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinz View Post
These are all Windows executables, though it may need an old version of windows, PostgreSQL 9.6 is from 2016 and I couldn't get it to even install on Win10 or 11 and hit many issues with missing DLL's when I tried.
PostgreSQL install tutorial under windows 10
PostgreSQL install tutorial under windows 11

But, its better to create an vm image and use windows server 2008 r2 or higher server img version to be able to run everything without errors ( not available for a public server )
Old 08/23/2023, 20:16   #5

so whos ready to create a new server?
Old 08/23/2023, 23:11   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3css View Post
PostgreSQL install tutorial under windows 10

PostgreSQL install tutorial under windows 11

But, its better to create an vm image and use windows server 2008 r2 or higher server img version to be able to run everything without errors ( not available for a public server )
Thanks but the "tutorial" is basically "download and run the installer", the problem is that the installer doesn't install as it throws an unknown error installing VC++ 2015 and refuses to continue, I'm assuming it's not recognizing that VC++2105 is already installed but since it doesn't give any useful error message theres no way to tell.
Old 08/24/2023, 08:24   #7

Quote:
Thanks but the "tutorial" is basically "download and run the installer", the problem is that the installer doesn't install as it throws an unknown error installing VC++ 2015 and refuses to continue, I'm assuming it's not recognizing that VC++2105 is already installed but since it doesn't give any useful error message theres no way to tell.

Make a shortcut of the postgresql 9.6
Then right click properties(on shortcut) and on the target path add this at the end --install_runtimes 0 .
Then run through shortcut.
Old 08/24/2023, 08:24   #8

Quote:
1.Check if vc++ 2015 its installed on your windows system under add/remove programs and uninstall it
2.Restart your system
3.Run again the PostgreSQL installer and now should install everything without any problem.
4.If the error still persists then it should be a problem of your OS, again I don't recommend to install it under windows 10 or 11 to avoid these problems.
Old 08/24/2023, 10:35   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleArchy View Post
Make a shortcut of the postgresql 9.6
Then right click properties(on shortcut) and on the target path add this at the end --install_runtimes 0 .
Then run through shortcut.
Thanks, that solved the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3css View Post
1.Check if vc++ 2015 its installed on your windows system under add/remove programs and uninstall it
2.Restart your system
3.Run again the PostgreSQL installer and now should install everything without any problem.
4.If the error still persists then it should be a problem of your OS, again I don't recommend to install it under windows 10 or 11 to avoid these problems.

Thanks, it probably will be easier to spin up a VM than deal with any problems trying to get it running under newer Windows OS.
Old 08/24/2023, 19:54   #10

hey

database.bak don't restore how i can fix it please?

Thanks verry much
Old 08/24/2023, 20:07   #11

hey

database.bak don't restore how i can fix it please ?

thanks verry much
Old 08/25/2023, 12:58   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrix View Post
hey

database.bak don't restore how i can fix it please ?

thanks verry much

If you have already created correct correct the database name and username then it should work .
If you mean that restore button not working then you probably don't read the error message about the path that you need to fix .
Old 08/25/2023, 16:19   #13

Quote:
If you have already created correct correct the database name and username then it should work .
If you mean that restore button not working then you probably don't read the error message about the path that you need to fix .
i don't have error i restore database.bak in alef database but when is successfully completed i refresh alef database i check shema but table is empty

i don't know for what
Old 08/25/2023, 16:28   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrix View Post
i don't have error i restore database.bak in alef database but when is successfully completed i refresh alef database i check shema but table is empty

i don't know for what
Add me on discord : littlearchy
I might be able to help you easier that way.
Old 08/25/2023, 16:32   #15

Quote:
I no have error I create a database that I name alef I restore the database file.bak it tells me well that its completed error sense but when I go to table its empty there is nothing and when I launch the emulator it tells me that it does not find the database

I don't know for what ...
Thanks
1 User