Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 17:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ALEmu - Open Source ArchLord Emulator

Discussion on ALEmu - Open Source ArchLord Emulator within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
ALEmu - Open Source ArchLord Emulator

Hey everyone, I think it's time to announce this emulator publicly. I started this emulator in the summer of 2018, because at the time Osy announced his emulator, but didn't release any of his research publicly, which he is entitled to, but I am not a fan of withholding research especially for dead games, so I wanted to build an emulator and make sure all my research was public, and so with the help of a small group of people who provided me various research materials, I was able to get started and make some progress. Things ended up going a little sour with them and I ended up stopping completely on the emulator.

Fast forward to the beginning of this year, I felt the itch to work on the emulator again. So I unpacked all my work I had done and got back to it. I ended up getting further with it, in that I got to the character list and was able to populate it with some dummy data and start the loading screen process of entering the world. It was at this time that I didn't like how the internals were, and I had made some discoveries related to the protocol. So I went on a journey to rewrite the packet internals. I've just mostly completed it and have been currently converting the old packet methods into the new methods but ran into some issues, which has caused me to want to take a short break from working on the emulator which is the reason why I decided that now is a good time to announce the emulator, and release the work I've done so far.

The emulator is FAR from complete, in it's current state it won't go to the server list yet, this is due to the client not liking the packet we send to it. So I am looking for any sort of assistance to help bring this emulator further. I made a discord so people can follow, discuss, or help the emulator.

Links:

Thanks
9 Users
Old 02/28/2020, 20:41   #2

Well that's a good starting point, especially with the packet reader that Hm and myself got (and some others).

Did u implement the packet encryption process ?

I got a little server back home, so i can help with some testings and virtual servers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/28/2020, 20:46   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldunost View Post
Well that's a good starting point, especially with the packet reader that Hm and myself got (and some others).

Did u implement the packet encryption process ?

I got a little server back home, so i can help with some testings and virtual servers.
Yes, the emulator can decrypt/encrypt packets just fine. The "issues" exist primarily with the packet structures. The protocol defines each packet type(opcode) with it's own hardcoded structure (field information, a type and a size) and from there packet's within the same "type system" are filled out depending on their purpose. You can see some related information within the AlefLoginStartupEncryption and AlefLoginUserLogin files.
Old 02/28/2020, 20:52   #4

Well then i will try to understand it out, however it's best if u can keep the revision at hand. So the pushing updates doesn't get out of hand.
Old 02/29/2020, 04:58   #5

Updated post with link to the client I've been using, it's already setup to connect to 127.0.0.1
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/02/2020, 22:03   #6

@ interesting how you made no comments on this topic although you're the forum "expert" here. Do you have any advice or expertise to offer?
Old 03/03/2020, 07:58   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion_sta View Post
@ interesting how you made no comments on this topic although you're the forum "expert" here. Do you have any advice or expertise to offer?
@#$%^ Well for your knowleadge i contributed/shared important files with CMB (official files incomplete with PDBS files that will be useful to see the structure using ida pro for loginserver/gameserver) to be able to do something reagarding the emulator ,CMB has much experience with c++ than me , and i would help as much i can, CMB can confirm,also the files was released by me in epvp 2 years ago(),and also im not expert as you said but i have a knowleadge of c++(not a proof)/C#(my main language) im not pro at reverse enginering things(packets, op codes etc).. you have a real problem dude get a life... stop beeing a j***

Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/03/2020, 13:51   #8

elite*gold: 299
Quote:
Its because you dont know anything whats behind,Bob recived everything from us so please leave this place to the men and go back to play with the barbie ggwp
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/03/2020, 15:38   #9

Quote:

Let the pros work and:

Old 03/04/2020, 00:42   #10

Interesting... It seems Archlord will never die.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/29/2020, 01:45   #11

ALEmu has reached "sandbox" status, you can run around ingame now but nothing else works yet
Thanks
6 Users
Old 03/29/2020, 13:10   #12

Will this emulator work with ep3 client too?
Old 03/30/2020, 01:15   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlyBrown001 View Post
It is not my intention to emulate EP3, however somebody else could do so, or I might do it after the current emulator has matured significantly.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/01/2020, 07:49   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlyBrown001 View Post
Could work,but till then we need to have a working emulator almost in 80-90%...you can do it in ep 8 client too disabling features and keeping just features for ep3 but its a long road , also take in cosideration what @ said
Old 04/21/2020, 11:43   #15

waiting,i always loved archlord but i have the old episode 2 and half files,that said good job