Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 05:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Project] Archlord Emulator

Discussion on [Project] Archlord Emulator within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 05/04/2016, 17:22   #106

elite*gold: 0
I agree that it'd help with finding bugs faster but I've already got a handful of known bugs that I'm trying to fix so.. Opening is a server right now would just add more work, maintenance and whatnot.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/04/2016, 17:26   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiy1996 View Post
I agree that it'd help with finding bugs faster but I've already got a handful of known bugs that I'm trying to fix so.. Opening is a server right now would just add more work, maintenance and whatnot.
People are hyped and cant wait for it to open but take your time to make sure most of the things are working so dont rush it ^_^ :P
Old 05/04/2016, 18:12   #108

I can't wait for this to come out been playing since codemaster. All the other private server don't have all this content that we all miss count me in and 10 of my friends
Old 05/04/2016, 19:27   #109

elite*gold: 60
Lol just checked the strawpoll. I see so much liers xD. Only 2 with the option "maybe".
Im still nervous about how it's gonna be.
@ do you plan on low cc prices or everything for free? Option 2 would bring the cancer of Archlord, the gipsys, unemployeed and kids (you all know who i speak of).
Old 05/04/2016, 19:41   #110

@ Thanks friend.

@ No need to flame anyone, no reason for anyone to 'lie' in an anonymous poll either. CC pots/lens are free. The rest are not. No need to be nervous either, I'll just give it a try and even if fails it's not a big deal. I'm satisfied with the fact that I've done something instead of sitting around waiting for a miracle to happen.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/04/2016, 20:58   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAcKSHoT View Post
Who am i flaming? It's the usual scenario of all pservers if the cc is free.

Seems fair enough. Im not nervous about the server, it's the players that will appear there. That's why i actually preferred the webzen version because not all dumb fucks could get good. Low prices means low budget needed. On webzen 10k cc wasn't much for the most people. So there were only a few good/addicted players (ichigohollow for example, he always bought everything). Justac was the bad example of how low prices can ruin the server.

Im aware of that your server isn't intended to run for the profit, it's for testing and personal purpose.
But im giving you an idea of how i could went. Speaking about price and players.

I sent a friend of mine the link to this thread and asked him "what you think?" He replied - never gonna play on any archlord server the fcking ------" - he basically hates those i spoke about. The casual gamers always hate people who're having more freetime than them. But i agree with what he said. It's not always the admins/dev's/content or cc price. The one major thing that kills almost all servers is the fucking scummy Ass community.

It's a hard nut, a pricy/pay2win server won't get much players but with low prices the wealthy advance pretty fast and the usual people mostly cannot catch up. Which brings scammers and cheaters in both cases.
If i had a chance of deciding, i would go with option 3 - geoblock.
No chinese botters/goldsellers or cheaters. No gipsys. It's an rough idea but it will keep the dirt where it's supposed to be - not on the server. True it's unfair for those fair players living there but hey,a vpn isn't that expensive.
True is that all countries got Assholes, how else should it be. But the eatern european countries are the most scummy out of all. Al universe had the hungarian plague, all quit because they were like cockroaches. You kill one, 3 new will come. Justac had the chinese & corruption plague which made the majority quit. Not sure of classic but i saw it got flooded by germans which are the worst of all in terms of beeing an asshole.

On long term not a single archlord server survived the playerbase. There's noting you or anybody can do about that.

P.S. Im not trying to convince you to anything here, it's just my thoughts about what i would give every al server host. Tried to help al universe, but he kept stubborn and closed the server xD
Some things are true some are total bullshit. But thats how free to play games with ingame shop works.
Old 05/04/2016, 21:05   #112

I don't have the right to take away the chance to play from anyone. Even if a single person from those regions is a good player that's more than enough reason to take the risk. I'll consider any sort of rasicm/extreme verbal abuse a permaban reason if that's what you mean by 'dirt'.

To me, Justac/173AC being alive for longer than 2-3 years with the great(!) administration they have is enough proof that a server can survive if the content is there to play and if it's consistent. In my opinion. the reason for ep1 servers being shutdown is mainly because they have no content which makes the server competitive(siege mainly).

You'd be mistaken if you put me in the same boat with people who put 30 hours of work and create a server using files they had no contribution on. I'm not trying to create a server with 1 month lifespan for the quick cash grabs. If worst comes to worst and I fail big time to a point where only a handful of people are left, I'll keep hosting a test server on my personal computer which costs me little to no extra fees.

Also where's your great experience/knowledge of server administration comes from? Could you show me some numbers/screens/posts which would point to how many people played on your server and how much they liked it? Knowing how much criticism I would get if I didn't provide any proof of having a solid project, I find conversations like this one being unfair for me.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 05/04/2016, 21:10   #113

Yea the thing is we know what the end content of webzen was, it was shrine, so what do u plan on releasing after that ? There is nothing ...
Old 05/04/2016, 21:18   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by marocco56 View Post
Yea the thing is we know what the end content of webzen was, it was shrine, so what do u plan on releasing after that ? There is nothing ...
May be he has his own source code and he can create whatever THE **** he wants to ?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/04/2016, 21:23   #115

Congratz on your work,
Me and my squad are in ! Can't wait to put my hands on this content
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/04/2016, 21:26   #116

@ dont need to be salty, but if he wil create his own stuff im curious to know what it is thats all.
@ btw **** off.
Old 05/04/2016, 21:27   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by marocco56 View Post
@ dont need to be salty, but if he wil create his own stuff im curious to know what it is thats all.
@ btw **** off.
I am not salty just watched Hodge twins video so i couldnt resist
heres what I am talking about sry pal :P
Old 05/04/2016, 21:38   #118

@ Thanks friend. Hope I can provide a good server for you and your squad.

@ I could go on and on of what I could try to add. My own map editor, a converter for 3d files, etc. But creating a new content is not likely to happen with 3-5 months period so what's the point of talking about it right now? What's the point of talking about anything when nothing is certain yet? Let's just relax and see what comes off of next few months.
Old 05/04/2016, 21:44   #119

elite*gold: 60
Quote:
To me, Justac/173AC being alive for longer than 2-3 years with the great(!) administration they have is enough proof that a server can survive if the content is there to play and if it's consistent. In my opinion. the reason for ep1 servers being shutdown is mainly because they have no content which makes the server competitive(siege mainly).
You ignore one fact here for 173. Access was limited. Not everyone could join and it was hosted in china which brings huge latency spikes with it, how can that be a soild comparison?

Justac is the living proof of "you either play here or you don't play anything". If there would be any possibility to play elsewhere, im almost sure that this server would've died yet.

Both are no solid proofs that my statement is false.

Quote:
Also where's your great experience/knowledge of server administration comes from? Could you show me some numbers/screens/posts which would point to how many people played on your server and how much they liked it? Knowing how much criticism I would get if I didn't provide any proof of having a solid project, I find conversations like this one being unfair for me.
I never had a real project though i still got server files.
Renting a server, installing win server 2012 + oracle 11 r2 and starting the server isn't that much of a deal, right? The files contained everything i needed to start it up - server and latest client build. But i never had any intention about releasing anything to the public neither to leak anything whatsoever. I hosted it for the purpose of verifying the files and personal reasons. I had absolutely no idea of fixing and coding in general. So how could i provide a server to play on? I lacked and still lack the skills to do so.
I let some of my friends connect to it and play. Turned out to be a huge mistake.
They leaked my ip to some assholes who fcked my router up (it was a really shitty one, had dsl 16k back then). So i had to switch my isp completly.
At that time, i was frustrated but not done. Kept on doing things offline.
I just played the Game rofl, just like one of those wow server repacks. Added some cc and lvled. Was obsessed with the permission to do everything i want.
But then life changed.
I met my (now) wife and had to exam vocational training. So i didn't hat time to continue that "project", and when i got back into it. I lost the interest. Completly jumped out the whole Archlord scene, deleted all archlord contacts (not friends ofc) on skype and everywhere else. And continues my life off the archlord or general gaming scene, nowadays im the more casual player who doesn't play any big games for long. Occasionally some league of legends games, sometimes gta v or witcher 3. We all get older, back then i was what? 18/19? Now im almost 23.

My intentional goal was to make bank with it. I grabbed the files from an guy who claimed to have worked for codemasters - if that's true or false doesn't really matter. The files were undamaged and working. I've sold a few copies to some interested guys. Never asked for their purpose to get them. Always real life meeting with hand in hand deal. Money vs encoded usb drive.
That was inbetween hosting and marrying. They paid for my wedding, car and to set up our new apartment. Selling 2 copies was enough for that.

It's true i may have no skills about coding, hosting or such things. But i know alot of the archlord scene and it's community. And not to trust anyone, not even your own guild (what up wimpin). My words we just an advice what i've learnt while playing on all the existing / closed archlord servers. Not forcing you to do so, just to consider my thoughts.
Old 05/05/2016, 11:12   #120

Pinca will come!
Closed Thread