Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 22:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

about ip

Discussion on about ip within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
about ip

well i want try dupe..but i want my main be safe

so what to do? to be 100% safe that my main wont get ban?

disconnect cable from modem 5 mins..then re it?
so CM wont see my IP and my main will be safe?

1 guy told me that its useless to disconnect modem bla bla bc CM see my provider

well what about if after i dupe i send letter to some other char then i delete char that i was dupin with?

ty in advance
Old 06/16/2009, 16:25   #2

emm what game this about ist that the theard from the new sro p server?
Old 06/16/2009, 17:26   #3

elite*gold: 20
well, there are some ways, like running a proxy, or change ur ip after u duped, that are the best ways i guess, but they would still have char names, so when it ends up at ur main, theyll also have that chars name, and ban the char, and not the ip^^

i was wondering the same thing, guess saves is using an alt on a fake email adress and running a proxy, sending it trough friends(by trade, not mail) or other alts multiple times^^
Old 06/16/2009, 18:50   #4

so after i disconnect n reconnect modem..my ip changes..i dupe..trade with some more alts..after that delete them..change ip..and its safe?xD(main i mean)
Old 06/16/2009, 18:59   #5

well, the problem is there is more then ur ip, and if im correct ur ip wont change when disconecting the modem, its an adress giving to u by ur provider, u can ask them to change it though..

try reading something about proxy serves, they might be helpfull
Old 06/16/2009, 20:27   #6

if codemasters really wanted to bann you for duping. they could cimply go back into their records and pull out every character that was on any account (deleted or not) and track and trades deletions and dupes. also, if you use any of your friends they would be banned to for aiding you along.

p.s. does cockmasters really care to go through all the work?
Old 06/16/2009, 21:05   #7

IP doesn't rly matter. Like Dnote sad CM can track every item in game, so i think also duped or with-duped-items item like for example weapon with duped attack stones.

I think there is no reason to be afraid if you not boast yourself ^^

If CM catch you there is rly high possibility they will ban you and everyone who get something from you.

I'm dupping for 2 weeks and they didn't catch me... yet ^^
Old 06/16/2009, 21:12   #8

change your ip dupe sell the stones get gold and buy items from ah (that u post with your char)
change your ip dupe sell what u dupe for real $$ then buy stuff with real $$$

if u need to know more about privacy (not that proxy bull ****) let me know we will work something out.

and about cm database and logs : their db don`t have all that functions ppl think they have, and to try and implement them now it`s a pain in the ***

y need to know something about databases and privacy+security to understand how it works
Old 06/16/2009, 22:15   #9

well, just mail some items to the archlord and a lot of other high players, lets see how fast al dies^^
Old 06/17/2009, 01:28   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbb View Post
well, just mail some items to the archlord and a lot of other high players, lets see how fast al dies^^
hehehe ^^ can be funny ;D
Old 06/17/2009, 03:23   #11

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Sure, codemasters COULD go through all the trades and check if any trade contained a item that the received of the duped item did not get. If that, they would just check the two people involved in the trading, and check who were supposed to get the fake item, therefore check's that person's tradepartner, and voila ban.

But, they wouldn't be assed to. They have a very weak anti-dupe code in their trade system, that is all. If they could spend a little more time on it (I mailed them some suggestions to make duping nearly impossible) duping wouldn't be possible.

Here's a C# code of how they could run it if the server was in C# (The server files such as character table is in ECL )

Quote:
foreach (TradeItem Item in CurrentTrade)
{
if (!Receiver.Inventory.Contains(Item.ID)
DataBase.Ban(Receiver.TradeWith,"Possibly duping");
}
Wish I lived in USA, I would probably apply as a programmer for Codemasters, turn this game into what it could of been if the programmers were smarter..

Emme
Old 06/17/2009, 08:48   #12

im dissapointed in u emme,

i dont want ppl to be scammed but i could use the dupe just to equip myself with the stuff i need..

wouldnt affect the ig economy(wich is f'd up already^^)
Old 06/17/2009, 09:35   #13

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Yes, it would and it does.
Old 06/17/2009, 09:52   #14

well, if few ppl know about a dupe, it wouldnt effect the economie since just a few ppl dont but shutas(for example), i wouldnt even be able to buy them with the price atm,

so whats the difference if i dont buy them, or dupe them(not buying them)
it does not affect players in anny way.

It does affect the economy when u start selling them and prices go down(wich in my eyes is a good thing since u cant buy annything in al for a resonable price)

i made milions by trading cc, buying cheap, selling expensive, i bought about 20k cc be4 i left for 4 months, and now my cc is worth 3-4 times it was.

same for reinf pots, got hundreds of them(there were my side job to earn money^^)
bought them at 120k ea, and now there 700k ea..

Just to make a stand: in my eyes there is no difference in not buying the items, or duping them and only using them for urself(NOT selling them)..
Old 06/17/2009, 10:10   #15

it starts affecting the economy right when you "dont have to buy another shuta from other player since you just duped it yourself"