Current DMA state in FN?

07/25/2026 19:41 zemmelti#1
Hey,

I used to play Fortnite competitively around 3–4 years ago and played a lot of Cash Cups with a DMA setup. Back then, basic firmware was enough and I never had any issues.

I’ve been away from the scene for a while, but I’ve heard EAC has changed a lot. What’s the current situation? Are people still playing Cash Cups safely, or has comp become too risky nowadays?
07/25/2026 22:34 unnamedtech#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemmelti View Post
Hey,

I used to play Fortnite competitively around 3–4 years ago and played a lot of Cash Cups with a DMA setup. Back then, basic firmware was enough and I never had any issues.

I’ve been away from the scene for a while, but I’ve heard EAC has changed a lot. What’s the current situation? Are people still playing Cash Cups safely, or has comp become too risky nowadays?
If you have solid FW you're fine, otherwise situation is not good.
07/30/2026 01:32 Chams Cheats#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemmelti View Post
Hey,

I used to play Fortnite competitively around 3–4 years ago and played a lot of Cash Cups with a DMA setup. Back then, basic firmware was enough and I never had any issues.

I’ve been away from the scene for a while, but I’ve heard EAC has changed a lot. What’s the current situation? Are people still playing Cash Cups safely, or has comp become too risky nowadays?
just need to have solid eac fw and you are fine just dont be overly blatant and you will be good.
08/14/2026 20:43 Noly_#4
Still alive, but spend some time researching the current firmware and providers before jumping back in
08/17/2026 00:08 InSynq#5
Eh, occasionally waves occur with blocks more than bans appear. I only see bans with really poorly made firmware.

Theres a bunch of firmware providers from 2-3 years ago that stopped, and theres a bunch of us who have evolved as well.

I've been fine on FN for 11 months still no issues, but theres a bunch of people in the space.

If your fw survives Rust, it will guaranteed survive FN.
08/17/2026 06:02 Xsymos#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemmelti View Post
Hey,

I used to play Fortnite competitively around 3–4 years ago and played a lot of Cash Cups with a DMA setup. Back then, basic firmware was enough and I never had any issues.

I’ve been away from the scene for a while, but I’ve heard EAC has changed a lot. What’s the current situation? Are people still playing Cash Cups safely, or has comp become too risky nowadays?
Yea, things are definitely different compared to a few years ago. Fortnite has gotten a lot stricter with EAC and the security checks they use, especially around competitive play.

if you have solid firmware that's properly maintained and you're running a clean setup, you should be good. I wouldn't say anything is ever 100% guaranteed with EAC since they can change things without warning but a good firmware makes a pretty big difference compared to the basic stuff people were using back then.
08/18/2026 10:37 cyber-ammo#7
Fortnite still fine if you are buying FW from a reputable source, our Cyber-Secure and Cyber-Full firmware, for example, been working fine on all ACs (except Faceit)

And of course, you also need a good account if you want to cheat in Cash Cups and avoid getting triggered by their serversided AC.

Basically, there are many risks nowadays when you are using bad firmware, they get detected (not blocked) very often.