[Development] 4267 conquer server.

02/11/2010 06:04 andyd123#16
Good luck.
In regards to anti-botting, the simplest thing is: if there is a will, there is a way.
There's no such thing as unhackable, or unbotable, or uncheatable.

In the virtual world, impossible and impenetrable are both impossible. :)
02/11/2010 06:24 Nullable#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
Good luck.
In regards to anti-botting, the simplest thing is: if there is a will, there is a way.
There's no such thing as unhackable, or unbotable, or uncheatable.

In the virtual world, impossible and impenetrable are both impossible. :)
We all know so, just trying to somewhat give those guys a challenge, and i know they will totally love it :p
02/11/2010 19:45 master15#18
I'm with a big project of the 1.0 server, We have done a great source from scratch and we are trying to find guys to help with the stuff (mobs spawns, quests and etc) I mean, is hard to remember olds things (more than 5 years ago)...

For who want talk about the team and the progress, add me at msn: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
02/11/2010 21:57 hunterman01#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsolder05 View Post
you clearly didn't read. i also suggested changing spell encryption and bf encryption (5018+). i doubt there's a noob out there who could *bypass it so easily* as you say. unless your just talking about the bot packet.
i was talking about change bf encryption
02/11/2010 22:41 lostsolder05#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman01 View Post
i was talking about change bf encryption
i'm not talking about just changing the initial bf key,etc...im talking about changing the encryption entirely through injection,etc. i should have been more specific. anyways, let's stay on topic...

good luck with the server.
02/11/2010 22:51 ImmuneOne#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsolder05 View Post
i'm not talking about just changing the initial bf key,etc...im talking about changing the encryption entirely through injection,etc. i should have been more specific. anyways, let's stay on topic...

good luck with the server.
Thanks, I really appreciate your comments guys.
02/12/2010 14:55 Nullable#22
Character spawn should work now, can't test it since i don't have a 4267 client -.-
does someone have a 4267 client uploaded on a mirror other than megaupload i can't use the latter..
HUGE EDIT:
IT IS ALIVE! Character spawn! Immune will upload the pic!
02/12/2010 22:41 ImmuneOne#23
#UPDATED;
Progress
02/12/2010 23:38 Nullable#24
Now after finishing the difficult part, we are now writing the other packets :p
And anti-bot system totally finished except background clicks, we will hook it up later.
EDIT:
Client side progress:
Working on a autopatch system.
02/13/2010 12:29 ImmuneOne#25
#UPDATE

- Walking impemented.
- Jumping implemented.
- Equipping/Unequipping implemented.
- Chat implemented.
- Supporting ping.
02/13/2010 16:34 hunterman01#26
Damn yall are really coming along goodjob :)
02/13/2010 17:10 Korvacs#27
Ive gotten abit stuck on my IPC stuff, at the moment i have fully implemented the Item Packet, and all of its switches, char creation, walking, jumping, partial npcs, a quadtree to hold all character positions, dropped item positions, monster positions and npc positions.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
02/13/2010 17:17 andyd123#28
Just a heads up:
If your anti-bot system in any way accesses the hard drive (i.e. to scan for files), checks running processes (to check for illegal processes), or does anything other than modify the conquer client (which, I'm rather sure is also illegal), you might want to have a very clear EULA stating so, or you could be facing a lawsuit / related case, as you'd be violating end user privacy rights.

Otherwise, though, good job so far.
02/13/2010 17:21 Korvacs#29
Im going down a different route, i wont atually touch the client or the client's host, rather im going to check everything that the client does, its alot simpler when an entirely seperate app deals with it, it wont effect the game server at all. So people can use a proxy as much as they like, although it will only last a few minutes and then thats it, banned.
02/13/2010 18:32 Nullable#30
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
Just a heads up:
If your anti-bot system in any way accesses the hard drive (i.e. to scan for files), checks running processes (to check for illegal processes), or does anything other than modify the conquer client (which, I'm rather sure is also illegal), you might want to have a very clear EULA stating so, or you could be facing a lawsuit / related case, as you'd be violating end user privacy rights.

Otherwise, though, good job so far.
We don't access hard-drives nor search through processes(although we enumerate modules running in the conquer process but you already excluded that), and however anyone who wants to use a proxy has only 3 minutes before his or her client gets banned..
I don't think we violate any end user privacy rights as we never read data related to anything running outside the boundaries of the conquer client

Thanks for stating some info though :P