9Dragons 2

01/01/2018 21:27 Fugea#31
Even if this thread is legit, and you are legit,
you are asking us whether we would want a great 9D private server, or a 9D2 private server, and want us to tell which do we prefer.. 9D2 was never released, there are a few shady videos about it on youtube, how is the community supposed to choose between 9D private server (no details) or 9D2 private server (no clue even about the game itself).
01/01/2018 23:16 S4V4N#32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugea View Post
Even if this thread is legit, and you are legit,
you are asking us whether we would want a great 9D private server, or a 9D2 private server, and want us to tell which do we prefer.. 9D2 was never released, there are a few shady videos about it on youtube, how is the community supposed to choose between 9D private server (no details) or 9D2 private server (no clue even about the game itself).
We've not said we're going to do a 9D server, this thread was only to see the interest in a 9D2 server.
01/02/2018 00:00 ™Sin™#33
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4V4N View Post
We've not said we're going to do a 9D server, this thread was only to see the interest in a 9D2 server.
1k views in 20 days.
I would say there is some interest, so plase provide us with video.
Or at least few images.
01/02/2018 00:12 xtJamie#34
I agree. There is definitely some positive interest but without anything further than what you've shown, any further feedback is going to come in a lot slower.
01/02/2018 00:33 S4V4N#35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ™Sin™ View Post
1k views in 20 days.
I would say there is some interest, so plase provide us with video.
Or at least few images.
The client is in a very rough state (server is fine however), so until we have time that can be dedicated to fixing it up and refining it, there isn't much point to showing anything.

When there is something worth showing however I will post either a video or some screenshots.
01/02/2018 00:56 adek1994#36
Quote:
The client is in a very rough state (server is fine however), so until we have time that can be dedicated to fixing it up and refining it, there isn't much point to showing anything.

When there is something worth showing however I will post either a video or some screenshots.
I guess it's better to focus on 9D1 then, to recreate stuff similar to current RF one instead of doing 9D2 that's in its very rough state, as you just stated.
01/02/2018 08:39 dragonfury9#37
Just show some more in game pictures or a video, no one cares about bs, this game is 10+ years old
If u want interest then show some real proof.
Ppl are already bored of this kind of stuff, 1 server up then down, hey i got this files who wants server bla bla bla.

Show real proof, we want to see what content this game has........ =_=.
01/03/2018 20:55 xtJamie#38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfury9 View Post
Just show some more in game pictures or a video, no one cares about bs, this game is 10+ years old
Ppl are already bored of this kind of stuff, 1 server up then down, hey i got this files who wants server bla bla bla.

Already mentioned the client is in a very early stage but the server is fine so we'll just have to wait and accept what is being told or ignore it and demand something that isn't worth showing. Have some patience and wait.
01/04/2018 00:42 S4V4N#39
Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
I guess it's better to focus on 9D1 then, to recreate stuff similar to current RF one instead of doing 9D2 that's in its very rough state, as you just stated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfury9 View Post

The client we have is mostly a proof of concept to show comparisons between 9D and 9D2; it was most likely meant to be shown internally to get approval to go forward with the project.

The server on the other hand is much more developed, and has almost every system in place or started so that it could quickly be completed or refined. Features it is lacking from 9D (I haven't done a 1:1 comparison) could be quickly re-added, and a focus could be put on modernizing the game base entirely.

We have all of the development tools, so content and assets are less of a problem as they can be taken and updated from 9D or similar games. The hardest part would be choosing how to focus the game content.
01/04/2018 11:37 Dortmund1991#40
Quote:
We have all of the development tools, so content and assets are less of a problem as they can be taken and updated from 9D or similar games.
So why post a thread here? All this hype is not working. Post your work when it's finished and ready for public testing phase. And please don't give me this uh "just wanted community feedback". You had already known what the community wanted, man. You're only doing this for the hype. Stop please? :(
01/04/2018 13:16 S4V4N#41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund1991 View Post
So why post a thread here? All this hype is not working. Post your work when it's finished and ready for public testing phase. And please don't give me this uh "just wanted community feedback". You had already known what the community wanted, man. You're only doing this for the hype. Stop please? :(
If this was only a thread about creating hype, I could have easily switched direction to developing a 9D1 server, rather than continuing to focus on 9D2 which is of more interest to my team. I have repeatedly asked people to keep to the topic of 9D2, rather than 9D1, rather than trying to switch focus to that for the sake of hype, or more realistically, money.

More importantly, if I only sought to create hype, why would I choose 9Dragon? Yourself and others have remarked multiple times that the community is small, and dying. I could just have easily created an announcement for one of a handful of games we have in development, most of which have larger more active communities.

Instead I have stuck to what I originally posted, and that was to see what interest there is in undertaking 9D2 and developing the game. To do so would take 2-3 developers, at least one 3D modeler, and a team of people to create the content. It is imperative to know if there is interest in undertaking this as a potential game before dedicating that much manpower and a lot of resources towards.

But sure, apparently what I care about is hype when I've asked people to PM me privately about questions regarding my network, and have not gone so much to really advertise anything or make any sort of promise here. To my mind that would see the antithesis of hype, but that's just me.
01/04/2018 13:24 adek1994#42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund1991 View Post
That post makes me feel really... uhm, uncomfortable? "Hype is not working" - I wonder. Over 1k views is quite the amount. Only really old threads, releases and server drama info has more than that.

Nobody knows what the community wants right now. There is a 9DS, Eclipse, and people still are looking for more. We can't add cloth refinement*, new systems nor content*, because some people keep the leaks for themselves and they're doing like nothing with them.

* - still, if you can use your brain, you still can make some stuff based on existing systems

I wonder, if I ever set up the server by myself, with all my ideas that I came with after PA's death (since I had almost no influence in ZeroN's vision of the game, just some of the dev stuff) - will it make the players interested? We exceeded the possibilities with the 3rd party tools. What will the Staff of the AdeptGamer do with the tools they keep for themselves, with all the sources working? We did many things without such - it's your time to shine. Or whine.
01/04/2018 14:20 S4V4N#43
Quote:
That post makes me feel really... uhm, uncomfortable? "Hype is not working" - I wonder. Over 1k views is quite the amount. Only really old threads, releases and server drama info has more than that.

Nobody knows what the community wants right now. There is a 9DS, Eclipse, and people still are looking for more. We can't add cloth refinement*, new systems nor content*, because some people keep the leaks for themselves and they're doing like nothing with them.

* - still, if you can use your brain, you still can make some stuff based on existing systems

I wonder, if I ever set up the server by myself, with all my ideas that I came with after PA's death (since I had almost no influence in ZeroN's vision of the game, just some of the dev stuff) - will it make the players interested? We exceeded the possibilities with the 3rd party tools. What will the Staff of the AdeptGamer do with the tools they keep for themselves, with all the sources working? We did many things without such - it's your time to shine. Or whine.
We have agreements with people we get files from that we're not going to release them publicly, and that we'll be cautious with who is given access or who obtains them.

Releasing tools for 9D1 may be on the table, I would have to see if one of the devs would want to take that on as it would require research on their part.
01/04/2018 14:53 Fugea#44
Quote:

That's not true, everyone knows what the community wants. Not just another private server that is the same (so far 0 succeeded), there are little customization, visual changes, etc. (like eclipse refine designs, loading screens, etc.) but the base is the same as P9D was based like what, 5 years ago?
I know, there is no possibility right now to make a private server based on RF's content, so not complaining there is no private server that is really interesting for community (at least for me),
and I think all private server makers out there right now are trying to build a castle from shit.

This is exactly why the thread looks interesting, but so far it's just empty words, same as any other private servers were doing, with promises, stating that they have sthg better than the rest, etc. just hype without proofs, etc.
01/04/2018 14:55 adek1994#45
Quote:
We have agreements with people we get files from that we're not going to release them publicly, and that we'll be cautious with who is given access or who obtains them.

Releasing tools for 9D1 may be on the table, I would have to see if one of the devs would want to take that on as it would require research on their part.
You should look for the work done by the guys like @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] (though he's inactive), @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] or @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] - these guys made their work & knowledge public. Also, Eclipse team is probably the best over here to make them do some new content in the meantime.

There used to be a lot of developers, or, at least, script kiddos, though it's all in the past. Even I can't spare as much time as I used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugea View Post
That's not true, everyone knows what the community wants. Not just another private server that is the same (so far 0 succeeded), there are little customization, visual changes, etc. (like eclipse refine designs, loading screens, etc.) but the base is the same as P9D was based like what, 5 years ago?
I know, there is no possibility right now to make a private server based on RF's content, so not complaining there is no private server that is really interesting for community (at least for me),
and I think all private server makers out there right now are trying to build a castle from shit.

This is exactly why the thread looks interesting, but so far it's just empty words, same as any other private servers were doing, with promises, stating that they have sthg better than the rest, etc. just hype without proofs, etc.
Most of my suggestions were given up on. Revamped refinement system, that wouldn't require using websites; revamping quests and clan bases, clan contribution usage revamps, etc. - there are many things you actually can do if you have knowledge or idea how to use existing stuff for new ones. As I said, I don't have much time to spend there, but I'd really like to see the system I once suggested to Alurion in place of cloth refinement.