[c++]Read dynamic memory after program restart

10/19/2017 14:37 Dagamer123#1
With cheat engine it is possible to locate the adress of values inside a program or game, lets say wood. But it will only stay as long as the program is running. So if you wanted to program a trainer , to change these values in a nice and easy cheat program for singleplayer game, you need to locate memory after each time the game restarted, finding the changed adresses for the same values again.
I have not seen anything online that gave me a clue on how to do it , so if anyone knows how to analyse these structures e.g. tracing the pointer chain from a static variable up to the heap address please post some reference or tutorials here.
10/20/2017 18:37 kovuus#2
moved.
Please feel free to contact me for any questions regarding this moderation action.
10/20/2017 19:35 Dagamer123#3
Already notice my question is a really noob one, so I guess some tutorials or aynthing about memory related stuff would work except wikipedia.
10/27/2017 10:15 Underfisk#4
You read the memory on c++ according to what you need, in c++ you can get the process running and get the pid and also track the pdi memory log so yes you can create pointers for that stack and change it.
10/28/2017 23:05 cookie69#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamer123 View Post
With cheat engine it is possible to locate the adress of values inside a program or game, lets say wood. But it will only stay as long as the program is running. So if you wanted to program a trainer , to change these values in a nice and easy cheat program for singleplayer game, you need to locate memory after each time the game restarted, finding the changed adresses for the same values again.
I have not seen anything online that gave me a clue on how to do it , so if anyone knows how to analyse these structures e.g. tracing the pointer chain from a static variable up to the heap address please post some reference or tutorials here.
You can use cheat engine to find a pointer so the next time you run the game you can find the address of "wood".
To find a pointer, you can use these features:
- pointer scan
- find out what accesses/writes to the address
- dissect data/structure
- signature scan

Many examples can be found in youtube, just use the correct keywords in your search.
Good luck.
10/30/2017 18:28 alxstorm-trainer#6
Cheat engine itself contains a tutorial. It's a good point to start. Go Cheat Engine > Help > Cheat Engine Tutorial. Complete it.