[Idea] Crit 100%

12/04/2009 00:01 Jacqueline#1
I just thought of a nice idea to share with you guys to experiment on (currently going to try it out myself too with DLL editing... If I understand anything), which is to always (100%) crit, either with range, melee or magic. Though I'm having doubts this can work with PE (unless I try recording a packet of when I actually crit?)

What do you guys think?
12/04/2009 00:05 Kevsprk#2
Can't be done with PE, maybe with DLL editing, probably not.
12/04/2009 00:26 Ace465#3
that sounds impossible srry
12/04/2009 00:50 fenrir2037#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevsprk View Post
Can't be done with PE, maybe with DLL editing, probably not.
Maybe if one could understand what each variable stands for and the server doesn't scream at you. Maybe. But i agree with kev. Probably not gonna happen.
12/04/2009 13:23 cloudkiller2006#5
oooh math <3

but yea, think it'll be too much
12/04/2009 15:13 AKB990#6
I already have 100% crit...
12/04/2009 22:03 Black Fomor#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB990 View Post
I already have 100% crit...
Its capped at 30% i thought :/
Even though your crit percentage may be 100%, when it runs the crit calculation its capped a 30%... I think...
12/05/2009 19:57 metalcraver#8
it is its capped at 30% even at 100%. 100% crit would only be used against a monster or player with high protection (although pvp wouldnt need this). The crit thing is more then likely server sided.
12/05/2009 20:57 Uncreative.#9
While I was going through Skill.dll last night trying to make it so you don't have to use a wand to charge FB, I noticed there was some info about critical calculation o.o
12/05/2009 22:52 lostmage333#10
Crit calcs done client side must be communicated to the server.

Look at your outgoing packets. Which of them could possibly communicate that? The "attack" packet doesn't, and the "attack" packet alone is enough to execute an attack.

So, maybe at one point, crits were client sided, but that was changed to server when fears of hacking came out.
12/06/2009 00:38 Uncreative.#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmage333 View Post
Crit calcs done client side must be communicated to the server.

Look at your outgoing packets. Which of them could possibly communicate that? The "attack" packet doesn't, and the "attack" packet alone is enough to execute an attack.

So, maybe at one point, crits were client sided, but that was changed to server when fears of hacking came out.
I know, I was just saying. It was probably changed to the server when the first gamebreaking mods came up