Quick Question About GM Accounts

08/13/2009 17:04 sachamo512#1
First off, let me request that if you do not KNOW the answer, please do not just give it your best guess...I don't want to waste time on the wrong things.

I've taken a look at the PServer section and found out that the way to make a GM account with ALL commands is by making a character, and then adding [GM] tags in front of the name in the server file.

By doing this and ONLY this, does it give your account ALL commands?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not trying to do this for my PServer, I am trying to get a 2m GM hack working
08/14/2009 18:01 kkshi#2
I does give you all commmands but you wont be able to use them.
08/14/2009 19:21 hafasdfgdsfasf#3
you cannot.
08/14/2009 19:49 sachamo512#4
Well, I'm confused then, because it seems to me like the way that the client checks to see if you are a GM is by comparing the first 4 letters of your name to "[GM]". Is this not the case?
08/14/2009 19:51 Vaidas B#5
i think so, couse if u change the [GM] to the first 4 letters of u char nick u get alot of server side commands
08/14/2009 19:54 sachamo512#6
that's what I was thinking too. So I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to make an account with [GM] tags...

i've managed to make an account with GM, but not with the [ ]...
08/14/2009 19:56 Vaidas B#7
dosint the server look for [] on normal clients and blocks them?
08/14/2009 19:58 sachamo512#8
ya, but it also filters out GM, but I took that out of the filter, so it allows it now. Just need to figure out how to remove [ ] from the filter...
08/14/2009 20:03 Vaidas B#9
can that even be done? (telling the server that its a GM client and not a normal one?)
08/14/2009 20:41 sachamo512#10
i don't think that the GM's use a different client.

As far as I have figured out, the way you can see who has GM powers and who doesn't, is by the [GM] tag comparison
08/14/2009 21:11 Keith1#11
As far as I know after the whole sparky incident having a GM Account just wont do it. Cause a GM account was hacked once after that and all they could do was pk everyone and shit because Im pretty sure on this you need a GM client to get in which is diffrerent from ours now.

Dont hold me to it.
08/15/2009 07:14 sachamo512#12
i don't think it is, because i've heard of a few people getting gm hack working
08/15/2009 08:34 Vaidas B#13
people sometimes lie about what they have