help with vac and non agro

06/26/2009 03:53 yougotaids#1
i feel like range mobs are still attacking... I died several time..
06/26/2009 15:12 sachamo512#2
Make sure that you are the first person to have seen the monster. If there are legit players around, then the mobs will act legit, and they will still attack you.
06/26/2009 15:48 yougotaids#3
wow now im really scared lol. One more thing have anyone tried doing the crespo A and crash?
06/26/2009 17:35 kikichan#4
For me. Doing crespo nor is impossible. I usually get crash 9/10 times.
06/26/2009 17:59 sachamo512#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotaids View Post
wow now im really scared lol. One more thing have anyone tried doing the crespo A and crash?
I can do Crespo dungeon runs. If you try to vac in a dungeon, it usually results in a crash, so I just turn on non-agro and leave vac off (if using UCE). If you're hex-editing, just change the attack type of the mobs so they do not attack.

Leaving the vac off (and using a zoom helps) will usually keep the lag, and therefore the crash, down.
06/27/2009 05:41 fuckdie#6
when i got speed hack on i crash, i have to set my speed back to normal when going thru a portal. Never had a problem with vac tho.
06/27/2009 17:58 giljs#7
Quote:
i feel like range mobs are still attacking... I died several time..
With the CE hack, ranged mobs do attack under 2 circumstances:
1. The first ranged mob that spawns in a given area will act normally. That means in Crespo Dungeon, there will be 1 lasputin sorcerer that will attack you as if it did not have non-aggro.

2. Non-aggro works by setting the attack range of monsters to 0. For ranged monsters, they can occasionally get off an attack at the instant that they are in the same space that your character is in. Adding the following line to your non-aggro script MIGHT fix this problem. I have not tested it, but in theory it should work by changing the AI setting of the ranged mobs:

mov [esi+00000094], 1 // AI

Quote:
Yes, crashing in Crespo Dungeon can happen very easily. The best advice I have is use a Wall Hack, and do not use the first teleporter. That fixes the crash for me. Otherwise, don't use a Vac script (the #1 cause of crashes) until after you have passed through the teleporter.
06/27/2009 19:18 twitchdk#8
i use vac everytime im in crespo, and i have no problem with crashes.
06/27/2009 19:27 sachamo512#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchdk View Post
i use vac everytime im in crespo, and i have no problem with crashes.
then you are pretty lucky, lol