VISUAL BASIC!

06/21/2013 10:25 tommyboy1212#1
Taking a visual basic class! Was wondering if it was possible to make bots with this langauge. if you have any experience, lemme know! :D

tommyboy
06/21/2013 10:39 Smaehtin#2
Of course it is
06/21/2013 11:12 tommyboy1212#3
know of any bots made with it?
06/21/2013 13:45 pro4never#4
C# and VB are both based on .net so anything you can do in C# can also be done in VB. You can even run the source through a translator to view rather poorly formatted VB source of any C# project that's public.

I know hawtness posted an example of his hooking framework using VB before. Not sure if any of his other projects such as cooperative was in VB or not. Never looked into it and it wasn't open source iirc.
06/21/2013 14:34 InfamousNoone#5
Most programming classes don't teach you anything close to what you would need to make a bot.
06/22/2013 09:07 tommyboy1212#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Most programming classes don't teach you anything close to what you would need to make a bot.
Oh shit really? not even like a network programming class? well i figure at least this class will show me the basics so i have a start lmao.. gotta start somewhere :P
06/22/2013 09:34 pro4never#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy1212 View Post
Oh shit really? not even like a network programming class? well i figure at least this class will show me the basics so i have a start lmao.. gotta start somewhere :P
Creating a bot is far more about logic as well as reverse engineering imo.

You need to look at how something works ingame and have a good understanding of how that same thing would (or should) be coded. You can then use that knowledge to find exploits in the code or simply emulate how a normal player should act.

EG: if you cannot figure out the sequence of events involved with jumping (client>server>client) then you're going to have a very difficult time doing a hunt bot... seeing as you cannot jump ^^. That has more to do with knowledge of the game's protocol (or aptitude for figuring such things out) then the programming language itself.
06/22/2013 09:45 tommyboy1212#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Creating a bot is far more about logic as well as reverse engineering imo.

You need to look at how something works ingame and have a good understanding of how that same thing would (or should) be coded. You can then use that knowledge to find exploits in the code or simply emulate how a normal player should act.

EG: if you cannot figure out the sequence of events involved with jumping (client>server>client) then you're going to have a very difficult time doing a hunt bot... seeing as you cannot jump ^^. That has more to do with knowledge of the game's protocol (or aptitude for figuring such things out) then the programming language itself.
Hmm okay so i should start reading tutorials instead or something.