[RELEASE] OSDS V4 (Admin Control Panel)

04/12/2011 11:45 janvier123#1
Installation guide
Last modified: April 1, 2011

  • System requirements
  • Before you begin
  • What Is SVN?
  • Why use SVN?
  • What does "Revision" mean?
  • What is the current "Revision"?
  • How to download OSDS V4 from SVN?
  • Download with SVN
  • Run the installation script
  • How do i update OSDS V4?
  • How do i enable php_mssql.dll?
  • Can i delete the .svn folders?
  • How do I use Subversion when behind a proxy?



System requirements

  • Server Space
    A minimum base installation requires at least 50MB of disk space but you should assume that your actual disk space will be somewhat higher. For example: Logs
  • PHP
    Recommended: PHP 5.0.0 or higher
    Un-tested on PHP 4.X.X
  • Web server
    A basic install of Xampp ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...])
  • Operating System
    Windows
    Please note that the OSDS V4 needs to be installed on the same server where the dekaron server is running!
  • Database
    Microsoft SQL Server 2000
    Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (UN-TESTED!)


Before you begin
It is considered a good practice to do all development work on a separate test site before making changes to a production site. A test site allows you to evaluate the impact of upgrades, new modules, modifications to themes, etc. without causing disruptions to your live site. A test site can also be set up on your web server using a separate domain or subdomain or for windows users, a different folder.



What Is SVN?
Subversion is a free/open-source version control system. That is, Subversion manages files and directories over time. A tree of files is placed into a central repository. The repository is much like an ordinary file server, except that it remembers every change ever made to your files and directories. This allows you to recover older versions of your data, or examine the history of how your data changed. In this regard, many people think of a version control system as a sort of “time machine”.
Info: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]



Why use SVN?
For example, a bug can exist in release 4.x but fixed in SVN, meaning those changes will be published in the next official version.
SVN works great with PHP and can be used to update files with any additional programs installed.



What does "Revision" mean?
Each time the repository accepts a commit (Update), this creates a new state of the filesystem tree, called a revision. Each revision is assigned a unique natural number, one greater than the number of the previous revision. The initial revision of a freshly created repository is numbered zero, and consists of nothing but an empty root directory.



What is the current "Revision"?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Changes to the revision can be found on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]



Download with SVN
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]



Run the installation script
Go to your HTTP directory where xampp is installed:
Normaly:
Code:
http://localhost/osdsv4
The installer (AiRS) will guide you setting up OSDS V4



How do i update OSDS V4?
To update OSDS V4:
Right click on the appropriate folder(s) and choose SVN update to update to the latest osds version.
Easy huh?



How do i enable php_mssql.dll?
If you have the following error:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in .....
If you are using XAMPP (and most of us do) this functions is by default disabled.
Please follow these steps inorder to enable the function:

(Lets say Xampp is installed as default, C:\xampp\)
  • Go to: C:\xampp\php\php.ini
  • Open with WORDPAD: php.ini
  • Go to line 617 OR find ;extension=php_mssql.dll
  • Delete ; from the line
  • You should have: extension=php_mssql.dll
  • Restart Xampp (Open the panel, press STOP and press START)



Can i delete the .svn folders?
NO! Do not remove these folders!
Why? The .svn folders hold folder and file data, version info, ....
Deleting those folders will really mess up your osds!
So i say again DO NOT DELETE THE .SVN FOLDERS!



How do I use Subversion when behind a proxy?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
04/12/2011 12:21 theoners#2
Tnx Man You the best...
04/12/2011 12:23 janvier123#3
How to download OSDS
Last modified: March 26, 2011

Quote:
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER DOWNLOAD THEN THIS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Quote:
Lets say you have Xampp installed in: C:\xampp (Default)

Method 1: The Zip

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]


Method 2: SVN

Quote:
System requirements
TortoiseSVN runs on Windows 2000 SP2, Windows XP or higher. Windows 98, Windows ME and Windows NT4 are no longer supported since TortoiseSVN 1.2.0, but you can still download the older versions if you really need them.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Open google and type "tortoisesvn"
  2. Go to: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Click "Download"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  • 1.1 IF you are running on a 32bit Windows then, Click "TortoiseSVN 32Bit"
  • 1.2 IF you are running on a 64bit Windows then, Click "TortoiseSVN 64Bit"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Click "Save" or something like that



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Double Click the file you just downloaded to start the installer



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Click "Run"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Click "Next"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Check "I accept....."
  2. Click "Next"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Click "Next"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Click "Install"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  • Wait for the installer to finish!



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Click "Finish"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Click "Yes"
Quote:
DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE ANY OPEN OR UNSAVED WORK !


[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. In windows go to: "C:\xampp\htdocs"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Right Click => New
  2. Folder



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Type: "osdsv4" and hit the enter key



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Right Click the "osdsv4" folder
  2. Select "SVN Checkout..."



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  1. Copy and past the following line:
    Code:
    http://osds.googlecode.com/svn/
  2. Check the output folder, it should be: "C:\xampp\htdocs\osdsv4" (Without the quotes!)
  3. Checkout Depth "Fully Recursive" (By default)
  4. Click "Ok"



[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
  • After SVN is done downloading all files, Click "Ok"
  • Close the window (If it remains open)
04/12/2011 13:35 ~Kakkarot~#4
#4 deleted

Any improvements you may have in mind you are free to recommend to the OP, but please do not post modified, improved, edited or anything that changes the original without the permission of the OP.
04/12/2011 14:03 =Warmonger=#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kakkarot~ View Post
#4 deleted

Any improvements you may have in mind you are free to recommend to the OP, but please do not post modified, improved, edited or anything that changes the original without the permission of the OP.
/epicfailfacepalm

Maybe if you read the original post, this is released under GPL.
~removed~
04/12/2011 14:11 ~Kakkarot~#6
/epicfailfacepalmmofamember

In case you have missed it, the creator, the owner, the thread starter has requested for your post/modification removal. Mr warmonger this is not up for a debate, anything, absolutely anything you come up with as an argument will not get your post un-deleted, talk to the OP then we'll take it from there.
04/12/2011 14:30 =Warmonger=#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kakkarot~ View Post
/epicfailfacepalmmofamember

In case you have missed it, the creator, the owner, the thread starter has requested for your post/modification removal. Mr warmonger this is not up for a debate, anything, absolutely anything you come up with as an argument will not get your post un-deleted, talk to the OP then we'll take it from there.
I will make my own topic then.
04/12/2011 14:49 ~Kakkarot~#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger1337 View Post
I will make my own topic then.
That will be fine mr Warmonger, have a nice day.
04/13/2011 01:56 =Warmonger=#9
Here is a little tool I made for you guys who use this. What does it do? It constantly checks the SVN for updates on a loop delayed by a timer. So you could have it automatically check for updates every hour if you wanted. This program runs in the background no GUI or CUI only popup messages when it starts and when it checks for update.

Download: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
04/13/2011 03:33 911Hacker#10
This looks like you put a lot of time into it.

Thank you for the release janvier, I'm sure everyone appreciates your hard work and effort.
04/13/2011 13:10 PrestonWolf#11
Just A Few Questions Guys About OsDs

1.How Do I make Accounts For The Staff I Want To Have OsDs?

2.How Do I Send Items To Other Accounts, I Remember On The Old OsDs I was Able To Give +9 Items To Other Staff Does This New Version Have The Same Option? If So Where Can I Find It?

3.How Do I Fix My Auto-Updater Every time I Run It it Messes Up my Client To Where I Have Missing Skill In my Skill tree And I Disconnect I Can't See my Wings Or Other Players Wings And Weapons Then I Have To Redownload The Game Again .

4.How Do I Change The Cool Down Times For The HP/MP Potions I Know Its Appraisel Columm But I Need A Bit More Info On It.

Hope I Can Get Some Answers Thank You Guys You've Ben Great.
04/13/2011 15:32 janvier123#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonWolf View Post
Just A Few Questions Guys About OsDs

1.How Do I make Accounts For The Staff I Want To Have OsDs?
(Select an account => Admin Access (GM DOES NOT WORK YET))

2.How Do I Send Items To Other Accounts, I Remember On The Old OsDs I was Able To Give +9 Items To Other Staff Does This New Version Have The Same Option? If So Where Can I Find It?
(It does not work yet)

3.How Do I Fix My Auto-Updater Every time I Run It it Messes Up my Client To Where I Have Missing Skill In my Skill tree And I Disconnect I Can't See my Wings Or Other Players Wings And Weapons Then I Have To Redownload The Game Again .
(I dont care about your auto updater)

4.How Do I Change The Cool Down Times For The HP/MP Potions I Know Its Appraisel Columm But I Need A Bit More Info On It.
(I also do not care about this!)

Hope I Can Get Some Answers Thank You Guys You've Ben Great.
Their you go
04/15/2011 08:40 NeedHelpAti#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by janvier123 View Post
Their you go
Hope you can put send items script in it Its really helpful :)
04/15/2011 13:55 janvier123#14
Quote:
- Fixed Recent Logins
- Added Logout Conformation
- Fixed Sessions on login page
- Added Conformation boxes on login
- Fixed Login
- Improved security
- Tested login page for SQL injections => None found!
- Fixed Inbox reading from the wrong DB
- Updated Installer => SQL Query will be run for you !
- Updated Installer => Folder removed, just a single file
- Protected "/images" folder
- Added "Patch" Support
- Updated "OSDS CORE"
- Added "changelog.txt"
Adding items will come after i can parse the CSV files that dont take hours to parse
04/15/2011 21:27 NeedHelpAti#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by janvier123 View Post
Adding items will come after i can parse the CSV files that dont take hours to parse
Sound good n big thanks.. We just right click on svn update??