Private Silkroad Chit-Chat I

02/23/2013 13:39 Callum#871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
Hey there.

To narrow the search, I'm looking for a decent, balanced & populated PVP server with caps no higher than 110 and no lower than 80, so no shitty 120+ caps please. I would like you to post your favourite PVP servers with an explanation why it would be the best candidate to start playing.
I also agree with cap 80. I think it should have blocked ips so it's only english/german speaking players, and have a lot of ingame events such as guild wars, jobbing and so on. My reason for this is to bring back the old memories from Silkroad, before all of the files were released.
02/23/2013 13:51 Nezekan#872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
I also agree with cap 80. I think it should have blocked ips so it's only english/german speaking players, and have a lot of ingame events such as guild wars, jobbing and so on. My reason for this is to bring back the old memories from Silkroad, before all of the files were released.
What kind of IPs do you want to block? I hope you know there are people in Turkey, Egypt and alike that speak way better english than you and are probably even friendlier? Blocking IPs is certainly not the way to go, and if you want a solely english speaking server, you will need to block german IPs too :o

PS: No I am not turkish nor egyptian
02/23/2013 13:53 Callum#873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
What kind of IPs do you want to block? I hope you know there are people in Turkey, Egypt and alike that speak way better english than you and are probably even friendlier? Blocking IPs is certainly not the way to go, and if you want a solely english speaking server, you will need to block german IPs too :o
Not possible, I'm from england ;)



all joking aside, I do agree that there are the majority of turkish people who are genuine people, but the other 10-20% are just spammers, and trollers
02/23/2013 13:56 Nezekan#874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Not possible, I'm from england ;)



all joking aside, I do agree that there are the majority of turkish people who are genuine people, but the other 10-20% are just spammers, and trollers
I agree that there are a lot of annoying people from Turkey, but unfortunately you have those kind of players from any country. Being from England does not really matter, English is my 3rd language, yet there are English people who are a lot worse than me, hmmm
02/23/2013 14:02 Callum#875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
I agree that there are a lot of annoying people from Turkey, but unfortunately you have those kind of players from any country. Being from England does not really matter, English is my 3rd language, yet there are English people who are a lot worse than me, hmmm
Yeah I suppose so, not matter what country you ban from playing, there will still be another bunch of idiots no matter what you do.
02/23/2013 14:08 Nezekan#876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Yeah I suppose so, not matter what country you ban from playing, there will still be another bunch of idiots no matter what you do.
That's why you add an IQ test on registration, too bad you'll be stuck with a nearly empty server :(
02/23/2013 14:18 AceSpace#877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Yeah I suppose so, not matter what country you ban from playing, there will still be another bunch of idiots no matter what you do.
I'll never agree on blocking ips of turkish/egyptians players why? there are a lot of good players and it is not about if they're speaking english or not as example do you speak their language? if you do, do you speak better than them? no.

Only retarded people would think of blocking the ips of egyptians/turkish players but, why don't you block "germans" ips because you're german?:o [I know you're from england] - Do you think that stupids are only found in egypt/turkey? actually stupids are over the world also your server will be non-profit because you're getting money from those players to pay for the host also by blocking them = you're unrespectful then they will have the rights to treat you like a dog or dislike you

- Don't take it serious "It is chit-chat"

Thanks,
Regards
02/23/2013 14:25 deive333#878
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNL View Post
It's so funny to read bullshiit on the sro section lately :-)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
You don't play sro anymore, so there is no point for you to visit sro sections.
Now gtfo, im bussy..
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
02/23/2013 15:12 IceAmStiel#879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
I also agree with cap 80. I think it should have blocked ips so it's only english/german speaking players, and have a lot of ingame events such as guild wars, jobbing and so on. My reason for this is to bring back the old memories from Silkroad, before all of the files were released.
I concur! We should only let blonde, blue-eyed people in.
We could run a secondary business of a blued contact linses and blonde hair dye shop and demand a live cam approval of every registration.

Thus we could fund our overall server expenses with ease - doesn't that sound like a perfect plan?
02/23/2013 15:13 Nezekan#880
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAmStiel View Post
I concur! We should only let blonde, blue-eyed people in.
We could run a secondary business of a blued contact linses and blonde hair dye shop and demand a live cam approval of every registration.

Thus we could fund our overall server expenses with ease - doesn't that sound like a perfect plan?
I am thinking of banning all german IPs just to avoid caipi :(
02/23/2013 15:21 Haze*#881
Quote:
Originally Posted by 께Rock께 View Post
I'll never agree on blocking ips of turkish/egyptians players why? there are a lot of good players and it is not about if they're speaking english or not as example do you speak their language? if you do, do you speak better than them? no.

Only retarded people would think of blocking the ips of egyptians/turkish players but, why don't you block "germans" ips because you're german?:o [I know you're from england] - Do you think that stupids are only found in egypt/turkey? actually stupids are over the world also your server will be non-profit because you're getting money from those players to pay for the host also by blocking them = you're unrespectful then they will have the rights to treat you like a dog or dislike you

- Don't take it serious "It is chit-chat"

Thanks,
Regards
Last time I checked neither Turkish or Egyptian was the world's main language, am I wrong? If yes, sorry, but then I'm probably too old already and the world's evolving too damn fast for me to catch up.
02/23/2013 15:24 AceSpace#882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
Last time I checked neither Turkish or Egyptian is the world's main language, am I wrong? If yes, sorry, but then I'm probably too old already and the world's evolving too damn fast for me to catch up.
:facepalm: i meant if they're from united states or england they would speak english like him and maybe better than him but, they're from egypt/turkey and i have said too "i'm sure they can't speak english good as you but, do you speak their language also if you does do you speak better than them? no" please understand and get my point!
Do you see me talking about "World main language?" :facepalm:
02/23/2013 15:30 Haze*#883
Quote:
Originally Posted by 께Rock께 View Post
:facepalm: i meant if they're from united status or england they would speak english like him and maybe better than him but, they're from egypt/turkey and i have said too "i'm sure they can't speak english good as you but, do you speak their language also if you does do you speak better than them? no" please understand and get my point!
Do you see me talking about "World main language?" :facepalm:
Nope, sorry, it's you who didn't understand. Why would I learn Turkish or Egyptian? I don't need to, because I already know the language that the world uses to communicate with any other nation over the internet. Now, when we take turks/egys into consideration, their language is sufficient for their countries & immigrants(who speak their language anywhere else aside from their original countries), but when they want to communicate with(for example) Germans, they have to learn English, because it's just the language that the world uses.

Your argument would be right if the main language everyone uses to communicate globally was Turkish or Egyptian, but it's not, so that argument is totally off the rail. I don't need to learn their language, but they do need to learn our language if they want to communicate with the server properly, unless it's a turk/egy server, then sure, they don't need to speak English.
02/23/2013 15:51 AceSpace#884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze* View Post
Nope, sorry, it's you who didn't understand. Why would I learn Turkish or Egyptian? I don't need to, because I already know the language that the world uses to communicate with any other nation over the internet. Now, when we take turks/egys into consideration, their language is sufficient for their countries & immigrants(who speak their language anywhere else aside from their original countries), but when they want to communicate with(for example) Germans, they have to learn English, because it's just the language that the world uses.

Your argument would be right if the main language everyone uses to communicate globally was Turkish or Egyptian, but it's not, so that argument is totally off the rail. I don't need to learn their language, but they do need to learn our language if they want to communicate with the server properly, unless it's a turk/egy server, then sure, they don't need to speak English.
You're the one who didn't understand
I mean everyone has his main language do i have to learn english to play sro?:o and i don't argue you're the one who does :facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 께Rock께 View Post
- Don't take it serious "It is chit-chat"
You don't understand i'm just talking normally
02/23/2013 15:53 deive333#885
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAmStiel View Post
I concur! We should only let blonde, blue-eyed people in.
We could run a secondary business of a blued contact linses and blonde hair dye shop and demand a live cam approval of every registration.

Thus we could fund our overall server expenses with ease - doesn't that sound like a perfect plan?
I agree! Nice plan you got there.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]