Application [Conquer Online Private Server Section]

02/13/2012 11:27 xBlackPlagu3x#61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
...that's certainly the reason why i stopped. :rolleyes:
I know this is EXTREMELY off-topic, but can I add you to my hypothetical heroes' list?

At any rate, we will all see a decision soon enough, so I don't see the point in arguing. Ultimately it's never our decisions, so regardless of what is said, might be taken into consideration, sure, but everyone should try not to take all of this too seriously. It's a forum for one, secondly nothing is ever definite, so the opinions of today, might change tomorrow, and for men there are better things to worry about, like beautiful women. While for girls, try getting your partner to make YOU the sandwich for once, you probably deserve a good sandwich. All in all, nobody needs the animosity here, and anybody who tries to create some should seriously think about all the time that wastes. In the hour of the day you spent trolling or stirring up trouble, you could've made some money, or made love, or SOMETHING. Moral of my story, nobody should stress. It is what it is, what what will be, will be. =]
02/13/2012 19:47 LetterX#62
Just... No.

Although a moderator app must be made by an account existing for 3 months, one must look back at the history of the actual person, not just the account alone. Although in some instances it's best to NOT look back at the history and care about the now and future, when trying to obtain a rank of "power", history MUST be looked back upon. Power has the power to change people. Yes, this is just a moderator position on an Internet forum, but Fang's already shown through passed interactions, if someone can activate this trigger of his on this very forum, or more importantly, over the Internet, we get an oversensitive meltdown. A weak point.

I can easily make an account and put on a different persona and be someone I am not, just to obtain something. But what does that make me? A whore. It solves none of my problems and after time, once I've obtained said goal, what would be the point in maintaining that persona? Truth be said, this guy has made several accounts because he rage quits (someone pulled the trigger) and then gets banned over his actions because they are almost always childish and immature. And every time with a new account, it's "I've changed. I'm different. Trust me." Actions speak louder than words, and quite frankly, he's put on an excellent show so far.

Even if he's improved and has changed, due to the nature of the Internet, none of us will ever know if there is an underlying motive to get this rank or if he has truly "changed".
02/13/2012 22:52 Spirited#63
You're right. I can't just say "I'm different, this is the real me. Trust me." However, I will never give anyone here any information about my background. It would only lead to greater irrelevance. The moderators of the sections I'm active in have pardoned me of my past actions. The administration here are aware of this.

As far as change goes, I have no motive to change. The changes you are noticing aren't voluntary. The only thing changing about me is that I'm emotionally stable (which is what you guys have wanted out of me for a year). I've always sought out to help other people in the community and I have always been a positive person.

I'm not going to high five myself, and I feel bad for having to bring this up, but all of the responses to my previous position as an admin on 4botters have been positive. There are multiple threads regarding my position as an admin and moderator in the off-topic section (all but one thread are negative). One person even stated that nobody could ever surpass my supervising qualities. The one negative thread was of a member complaining about my position the day after my application was accepted. It was just like this thread.

I know it's hard to take in "trust me", so I'm going to try something else: give me a chance. I am not out for a powerful position. I have handled power extremely well on other forums, private servers, and in the workplace. My motives are to only better help the community which started my career and has supported me for the past year and a half.
02/14/2012 03:04 Deсker#64
Here is just a 'few' of Fangs posts that truly shows why he shouldn't be a moderator-

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]


[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]


[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
02/14/2012 04:02 xBlackPlagu3x#65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deсker View Post
Here is just a 'few' of Fangs posts that truly shows why he shouldn't be a moderator-

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]


[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]


[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
You really love going off-topic man. Are you like, jealous or something? Possibly jealous that Fang is one of the few people capable for applying for a mod? Honestly, you can't base what the quality of his work will be like according to his attitude. Even still, it's his right to be entitled to his own opinion. You're doing exactly what you're calling Fang out for, which is being a major douche-schnozzle. Like I said, this is just the internet bro, this isn't choosing a president or choosing the #1 pick for the NFL draft, this is just responding to a guy who posted a thread about wanting to be a moderator. All you're doing by trying to make a fool out of Fang, is making a fool out of yourself and making you like like an ass. If you're saying we don't need people like Fang, fine, kick him out, but take yourself with him.
02/14/2012 05:31 Spirited#66
Hmm... I know there's more than 2 posts of me acting arrogant on my current account. If posts and helping people is a concern of yours Decker, then I'd be happy to go over the helpful threads that I have created for you and other members in the community on this account alone:


Edit: Sorry that I don't have many threads to show. I guess this account is still pretty new, isn't it?

I'm not going to review all 1150 of my posts. As you can see, I respond to other people's threads more than I actually create threads. If you have any other concerns, please let me know and I will address them. Thank you for your support - positive or negative, you coming back to this thread to tell me things that I must address and improve on has been very helpful.

Sincerely,
Spirited Fang
02/14/2012 06:19 Deсker#67
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
You really love going off-topic man. Are you like, jealous or something? Possibly jealous that Fang is one of the few people capable for applying for a mod? Honestly, you can't base what the quality of his work will be like according to his attitude. Even still, it's his right to be entitled to his own opinion. You're doing exactly what you're calling Fang out for, which is being a major douche-schnozzle. Like I said, this is just the internet bro, this isn't choosing a president or choosing the #1 pick for the NFL draft, this is just responding to a guy who posted a thread about wanting to be a moderator. All you're doing by trying to make a fool out of Fang, is making a fool out of yourself and making you like like an ass. If you're saying we don't need people like Fang, fine, kick him out, but take yourself with him.
Stop going off-topic with me then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Hmm... I know there's more than 2 posts of me acting arrogant on my current account. If posts and helping people is a concern of yours Decker, then I'd be happy to go over the helpful threads that I have created for you and other members in the community on this account alone:


Edit: Sorry that I don't have many threads to show. I guess this account is still pretty new, isn't it?

I'm not going to review all 1150 of my posts. As you can see, I respond to other people's threads more than I actually create threads. If you have any other concerns, please let me know and I will address them. Thank you for your support - positive or negative, you coming back to this thread to tell me things that I must address and improve on has been very helpful.

Sincerely,
Spirited Fang
I'm just trying to show everyone who you really are. It's obvious this is all a fake act just to get moderator- just like if you want something, you 'act' in this good mannered polite boy to get it.

Once you get rejected, you will show your true self to everyone, because you did not get moderator.
02/14/2012 08:10 m7mdxlife#68
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
You really love going off-topic man. Are you like, jealous or something? Possibly jealous that Fang is one of the few people capable for applying for a mod? Honestly, you can't base what the quality of his work will be like according to his attitude. Even still, it's his right to be entitled to his own opinion. You're doing exactly what you're calling Fang out for, which is being a major douche-schnozzle. Like I said, this is just the internet bro, this isn't choosing a president or choosing the #1 pick for the NFL draft, this is just responding to a guy who posted a thread about wanting to be a moderator. All you're doing by trying to make a fool out of Fang, is making a fool out of yourself and making you like like an ass. If you're saying we don't need people like Fang, fine, kick him out, but take yourself with him.
he sure knows what hes talking about most of the time..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Whatever that is... uninstall it. It's not the real version of mysql. MySql is a service, not a process.
Here's the real version that you should be using: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Edit: Ah. I'm wrong. I wasn't showing processes from all of the users on my laptop. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] and see if that helps.
02/14/2012 09:42 Spirited#69
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7mdxlife View Post
he sure knows what hes talking about most of the time..
I am human. I think that's pretty good considering that I'm completely self taught. I've learned a lot since I first started here, and that's the beauty of Computer Science, you will always be in a position to learn new things. That's why it's my major, that's why I love Software Engineering. =p I will always be in a position to learn new methods of handling problems and finding new solutions.
02/14/2012 09:42 Korvacs#70
Meh, this sort of thing happened when i was doing my moderator application, the whole "look at these posts!! how bad are they??" well since you can still see them they cant be that bad otherwise they would have been edited or deleted, simple case and point.

The fact that he was wrong and corrected himself isnt a bad thing either, everyone makes mistakes at least he corrected it instead of just deleting his post like alot of people do.

I feel that you guys have probably made your points, multiple times now, so maybe give other people a chance to discuss their points.
02/14/2012 10:34 Deсker#71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Meh, this sort of thing happened when i was doing my moderator application, the whole "look at these posts!! how bad are they??" well since you can still see them they cant be that bad otherwise they would have been edited or deleted, simple case and point.

The fact that he was wrong and corrected himself isnt a bad thing either, everyone makes mistakes at least he corrected it instead of just deleting his post like alot of people do.

I feel that you guys have probably made your points, multiple times now, so maybe give other people a chance to discuss their points.
You were a fair mod, and you were mature enough to handle everything professionally. You didn't let the past interfere with anyone/anything. I cannot say the same for Fang. As said in previous posts, Fang holds grudges. He will go out of his way and will try to hunt down someone he has a grudge for, and try to find as many reasons he can to infract that person. As for the people he likes, he will go out of his way not to infract them. I know how Fang is, and a lot of other people do as well.
02/14/2012 10:43 Korvacs#72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deсker View Post
You were a fair mod, and you were mature enough to handle everything professionally. You didn't let the past interfere with anyone/anything. I cannot say the same for Fang. As said in previous posts, Fang holds grudges. He will go out of his way and will try to hunt down someone he has a grudge for, and try to find as many reasons he can to infract that person. As for the people he likes, he will go out of his way not to infract them. I know how Fang is, and a lot of other people do as well.
Should be previous obvious to anyone who knows me that i did and do hold grudges where i deem it appropriate, when i became a moderator i just chose not to show it publicly, and chose not to let it interfere with my job as a moderator, its just something all moderators have to put a side when they get appointed, you should go read my application.
02/14/2012 12:12 _DreadNought_#73
Sorry I feel I just need to voice a message accross to some people;

If you think Fang isnt going to get mod, hes putting on a fake act to get it bla bla bla then please, Let John handle that and take it into view YOU HAVE MADE YOUR POINT.

I think some of you are forgetting if Fang was just doing this to get mod(which hes not, btw) it wouldn't matter, Fang would be on a trial and if he reverts back to his old attitude again then he will simply be kicked from the Moderating team.

So please, Get out of this thread its a load of rubbish that has been repeated for over a page in this thread now. Haters gonna hate'
02/14/2012 17:29 lostsolder05#74
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Sorry I feel I just need to voice a message accross to some people;

If you think Fang isnt going to get mod, hes putting on a fake act to get it bla bla bla then please, Let John handle that and take it into view YOU HAVE MADE YOUR POINT.

I think some of you are forgetting if Fang was just doing this to get mod(which hes not, btw) it wouldn't matter, Fang would be on a trial and if he reverts back to his old attitude again then he will simply be kicked from the Moderating team.

So please, Get out of this thread its a load of rubbish that has been repeated for over a page in this thread now. Haters gonna hate'
What?

"I feel that in the past months of being a member, I have mentally prepared myself for joining the staff." - Fang
02/14/2012 17:54 Spirited#75
For me being a moderator so far:
BioHazarxPaul
F i n c h i
Greester
_DreadNought_
-Shunsui-
pro4never
JohnHeatz
12k
Xeemy
Kiyono
Korvacs
Die Schnittstelle
Nyorai
daniela.little
[I]Inquisitor
Smallxmac
xBlackPlagu3x

Against me being a moderator so far:
-striker
Lateralus
lostsolder05
m7mdxlife
{ Angelius }
Deсker
Angel.Tears.Co
LetterX

Last time I checked... 17 vs. 8 means a little over 200% more people are for my application.
Edit: I'd also like to add that I have an entire email dedicated to e*pvp that's open all day (because I had to check for school alerts and feedback from college assignments). It's automatically checked every 5 minutes when my laptop is on. :)