[DEVELOPMENT] Warrock Emulator

10/24/2013 13:53 corsax#46
Carry on!
10/24/2013 18:06 theitfan1337#47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
Hello there!

I'm not sure if there are any people following / watching this project, because of the inactivity of this thread. If you are, let us know!
Hi. My last post contained an offer that is still valid.
10/27/2013 23:31 Basser#48
PROGRESS!

Warning: this post is a little technical.
The point is that I have finally come up with a way to efficiently and effectively to communicate within the four different servers.


All servers are now completely in sync!
The UDP server(s) only receives the session id.
And instead of performing a loop through all players (which is very inefficient),
I now store them by session.
What does this mean? TCP and UDP servers are now effective at player look-ups;
a bottleneck in warrock emulators.

The auth and game(that includes tcp and udp) are also in sync - and with less overhead. I use a named pipe (NP) for local communication (and asynchronous too!).

Session ID:
The session id is dynamic. The game server holds all (still online) players. When
somebody authorizes succesfully, the auth server requests a available session id from the game server (through the NP). At this point the game server will check the user's details again, and find an available id (and responds to the auth server),
This means the user is already loaded at this point, and the (Tcp) GameClient is added later, when Tcp communication starts.

This also means the auth server will be updated with what (or how many) characters are online, along with lots of other data it might want to have access to at certain points.
10/28/2013 00:45 Sax_93#49
nice progress basser :P
10/28/2013 06:39 theitfan1337#50
Give this man some cookies, doing decent work here.
10/29/2013 12:08 Sleutel#51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
PROGRESS!
What does this mean? TCP and UDP servers are now effective at player look-ups;
a bottleneck in warrock emulators.
Shit man, most of the emu's store it by id instead of session id.
10/29/2013 20:52 Basser#52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleutel View Post
Shit man, most of the emu's store it by id instead of session id.
Fundamental difference.

I really need testers guys!
10/30/2013 12:54 Sax_93#53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
Fundamental difference.

I really need testers guys!
i want test it, but u not tell me how do it xD
10/30/2013 13:13 svegamer#54
I want to test it please :)
11/01/2013 00:28 Basser#55
UPDATE!

UDP works properly now!
Players can see each other, finally, without tunnelling!

I'm working on damage calculations right now.
11/01/2013 20:20 Sax_93#56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
UPDATE!

UDP works properly now!
Players can see each other, finally, without tunnelling!

I'm working on damage calculations right now.
can u tell in pm how i test this your job?
11/02/2013 02:52 SkyBlow#57
Nice work mate
11/11/2013 20:13 Sax_93#58
continue your job.
11/16/2013 12:55 Basser#59
I have little time to work on this project at the moment.
I am trying to learn functional programming, play some Call of Duty: Ghosts from time to time, and need to start doing some work for school.

The project is certainly not abandoned, however it might have a 'fresh' start now that I have better insight in Warrock's network structure -> this does not mean my current code will be lost, it will be revised though.
11/16/2013 13:42 Chowniiqhtz™#60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
[...]this does not mean my current code will be lost[...]
Hopefully not ..