Thanks for your support shrevelle :)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
I`ve just finished doing a design overview and checklist of all the required essential functions, features and interface that must be completed. This way I can organize and keep track of how far I`ve come and what more I need to do. I haven`t checked anything off it yet, but what I thought would be pretty brief ended up being 20 pages in length and thats just for the most essential features, not including content or anything additional to the server source we already have.
I believe, with some margin for expecting future difficulties with the future packet structures, I have completed the most difficult parts of the server source. The rest will probably just be time consuming and annoying which is another reason why this checklist will keep me motivated to get to the end of it.
I`ve always worked like a machine when I commit to projects like this. No eating, no sleeping, just non-stop persistence or atleast until I collapse. Which for most of the week I can keep consistent. So hopefully within the coming weeks I`ll be ready to debug the thing after adding the content. But unlike hio, I have adapted the server source to a database of action codes (the cq_action table), so I will be able to simply transfer most of the data. However I`ve adjusted so many action types for efficiency so I still have to weigh up whether i re-write all the content or if I just debug through all the un-adjusted actions in compatibility with the new action type structures.
I`ve organized the overview into systems, interfaces and calculators. But at this point majority of the server side work as far as calculations go, is complete. It`s just a matter of the exchange with the client.
I`ll keep this thread updated in hopes to draw some more attention to the resurrection of our forsake development community! FEAR ME TQ, CRUEY IS COMING (game of thrones reference)