Thinking of a new server

10/28/2015 18:01 LeRaz0r#16
I'd love to hear some suggestions for a server like this. Currently I've just been playing around locally, doing some of the obvious changes, and building some development tools to speed things up a bit.

One example is trying to keep the "Money" in the game be a form of currency for once, as well. By this I mean I don't want people to be selling SG45-60 for ZEN, that's just stupid. The money should be there for economy. In order to prevent a complete overflow of money, I've enabled Taxes for Vending items, based on the price of the item. For example selling an item for 100k would be a 10% tax, giving you 90k for selling it. A 1m item would be 5% tax, giving you 950k.

Small things like that.
10/28/2015 19:23 WookieMatingCall#17
I totally bump support of a server like this, make it happen when it's ready and let's get our game on :D
10/28/2015 23:33 geo-x#18
Some thoughts ....If you are going for a non donation shop project one thing that could help is to disable zen market (no need of zen or any other donation coin currency)and you can add all the items to be sold by coins via npcs (that could reduce lag also) . If the players don't need to make alts for farming might also help. Another good idea is to make people camp bosses for useful drops in EVERY pvp area . As I remember there was also in 1.8 version a script for the guild leaders that can challenge a guild vs guild war and fight each other in any place without getting red . It didn't gave any reward so maybe its something that can be customized and give a reward in your project . That's all for now back to work!!!!
P.S( I really miss the old times FORTGLASIER, PYRAMID, POSEIDON TEMPLE, TANNO CAMP, and my character statue in the center of Atlantis square :-))
10/29/2015 00:54 mpandgw#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRaz0r View Post
I'd love to hear some suggestions for a server like this. Currently I've just been playing around locally, doing some of the obvious changes, and building some development tools to speed things up a bit.

One example is trying to keep the "Money" in the game be a form of currency for once, as well. By this I mean I don't want people to be selling SG45-60 for ZEN, that's just stupid. The money should be there for economy. In order to prevent a complete overflow of money, I've enabled Taxes for Vending items, based on the price of the item. For example selling an item for 100k would be a 10% tax, giving you 90k for selling it. A 1m item would be 5% tax, giving you 950k.

Small things like that.
as long as i can have my old stall name sure. ANAL SEX



wiziwig
10/29/2015 12:36 SpectreAria#20
i'm with you :)
10/29/2015 13:43 bebyko2825#21
i really apreciate the work you have done in the good'all days, and im positive that ur server will be cool and populated, cuz u are the one that is making it, but i was really into woi servers, im very bored of boi, ive been playin boi servers for the last 4 years now. my point is if u make a network with both boi and woi servers that would be cool, i dont care about new patch/expansion etc...
anyway , good luck and i hope ill see ya on ur sever soon....cheers
10/29/2015 18:07 skaixa#22
I was the one having the most fun on mhaliki's oldschool server!

DO IT NAAAAAAAAO!!!!!!!
10/29/2015 19:13 mhallikhi#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaixa View Post
I was the one having the most fun on mhaliki's oldschool server!

DO IT NAAAAAAAAO!!!!!!!
No I am pretty sure I was having the most fun there. I was quite upset when it got DDoS attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRaz0r View Post
I'd love to hear some suggestions for a server like this. Currently I've just been playing around locally, doing some of the obvious changes, and building some development tools to speed things up a bit.

One example is trying to keep the "Money" in the game be a form of currency for once, as well. By this I mean I don't want people to be selling SG45-60 for ZEN, that's just stupid. The money should be there for economy. In order to prevent a complete overflow of money, I've enabled Taxes for Vending items, based on the price of the item. For example selling an item for 100k would be a 10% tax, giving you 90k for selling it. A 1m item would be 5% tax, giving you 950k.
Small things like that.
When dealing with gold balance.
It honestly boils down to 4 things.
1)how easy gems are to get
2)how easy soul jade is to get
3)how easy gear upgrade mats are to get
4)gold bags

Those are the biggest gold sellers.
For example:
PW drop rate for LVL 4 odin SJ from boxes is based on the fact that they charge you for them.

Meaning you can't get mass amounts of them every day as a "normal" player this made the mass amounts zen buyers got more valuable gold wise.
This balanced out better because it kept the flow of SJ mid/low.

My suggestion in that specific aspect would be to either reduce the drop rate or remove the stackable lvl 4 SJ and replacing it with the base lvl 4 SJ.

Doing the later would force players to make use of that SJ by selling it or using it instead of keeping mass amounts in stash.

I am sure some people will gripe but if you really look back at the markets they died off majorly when stackable SJ and gold bags were introduced.

This is also why balancing the drops (not the x? drop rate) is far more important than people are understanding. Yea it is a pain customizing them but you get better results.

I guess my main suggestion is it edit the rare drops in the coding to still be rare drops despite the increase in server drop rates.

Another idea is to turn the LvL 4 stackable SJ into lvl 2 or 1.

I will end here despite having more ideas to try and get a bit of feedback from others on these ideas.
10/30/2015 21:23 joksa969#24
By the way, there are no gold bags cuz it's 1.8 patch. ^^
10/30/2015 22:15 sheadylol#25
Looking forward to this new server :) I really had alot of fun on Revolution :)
And maybe you could add the donation option, with showing the donation fees on the page, donation without reward, so you might not have to pay it all of your own pocket, you are really the only we belive that would use all the donations for the game itself, so idk 100 players donating 1$ eatch might make things easier for you :)
And server is pretty sure going to be populated simply coz Menoz made it ..

Good luck,
Andrey
10/31/2015 01:34 LeRaz0r#26
I took some time tonight to build a Launcher for the server. If there's one thing that has become clear from working with private servers, it is that players don't tend to like having to visit a website in order to do certain things such as request ZEN, change passwords, etc..

Because of this, I'm taking a different approach. Here's what I have so far:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Yes, it's a desktop application. It would then be shipped with the Client in place of the regular "Launcher.exe", which you would not want to run on a 1.8 client regardless.
10/31/2015 09:02 geo-x#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume1 View Post
Actually, it's quite the opposite. I don't like foreign programs in my computer, and have no problem entering a website daily to request something.
A custom client is a foreign program mate , a customized launcher it's not something you have to scare , it can help the admin to control easier some things and also make gamers life easier .
10/31/2015 10:12 LeRaz0r#28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume1 View Post
Actually, it's quite the opposite. I don't like foreign programs in my computer, and have no problem entering a website daily to request something.
ZEN Requests was a bad example of me, because that's always going to be a desktop app no matter if that's the only thing it would do. This is because having Free ZEN on a regular Website is stupid. You can't get a unique identifier and therefor opening up the possibility for a ton more abuse.

Using a desktop app, one can pull unique identifiers from your computer, therefor lowering the overall abuse by a lot. While it won't stop everything, it'll stop some.

Just look at these servers that have had website based 'Free ZEN' in the past. All their players need to do is register a new account and google "Web Proxy" in order to abuse. This I want to avoid.
11/01/2015 04:10 neakk#29
I speak whit you about that server version maybe 1 year ago , and my idea is create 1.8 server whit full pvp server . Start whit lvl 120 , free 115 set and only go and farm gems and fight on fort glacier its Ezzz
11/01/2015 10:41 LeRaz0r#30
Quote:
Originally Posted by neakk View Post
I speak whit you about that server version maybe 1 year ago , and my idea is create 1.8 server whit full pvp server . Start whit lvl 120 , free 115 set and only go and farm gems and fight on fort glacier its Ezzz
That's not gonna happen. For one thing, you'd create a character on let's say monday, you get everything for free, and you have nothing to do the remaining 5 days before Fort Glacier on Sunday. Instant level with free gear will just become boring.

I know majority of people aren't going to like the concept of this server. That's why I'm not expecting more than like 50-100 players at most.

For instance, I'll probably lose another 20% potential players by saying that there will be no "AFK for power" using Combat Aid. I think that's one of the worst things introduced in the later expansions. Instead, I'll increase the rates of 1.8's Version of AFK Exp -> Tree of Life.

The Launcher is now fully working so I can get back to the server customizations.