Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 12:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Should I play Aion?

Discussion on Should I play Aion? within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Should I play Aion?

I am thinking about playing Aion. I played the beta before it came out and liked it but wasn't sure if I would pay for it. If I decided to buy the game I think my account would have the preorder items because I preordered the game. I just never actually went out and bought it when it came out. So yeah, do you guys think I should give the game a try?
Old 07/31/2010, 01:34   #2

elite*gold: 71
Yes...i think you should give it a try.
Itīs a great game,but one of the problems of this game is that you have a huge quest gap at lvl 30 till...i think it was 45,or well the quest give not that much exp you need.
So you have to grind grind grin and....well grind^^
So if you are a fan of grinding just play it.
Old 07/31/2010, 02:53   #3

elite*gold: 177
Received Thanks: 1,017
You could always give a private server a try to get use of the game and if your still interest then go and pay for the offical game.
Old 07/31/2010, 03:15   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyth View Post
Itīs a great game,but one of the problems of this game is that you have a huge quest gap at lvl 30 till...i think it was 45,or well the quest give not that much exp you need.
Grinding probably won't be too much of a problem because I will most likely bot it :P. And I may try a private server also.
Old 07/31/2010, 03:19   #5

elite*gold: 177
Received Thanks: 1,017
The best server I would suggest is infinite aion as they try to keep it asclose to retail as possible. Also they have a low and high rate server.
Old 07/31/2010, 03:44   #6

Yeah, I am installing the game now and am planning on trying that server. I really want to play WoW but my account was banned (stupid chinese bots...) and I am not going to purchase every expansion again...
Old 07/31/2010, 16:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus404 View Post
The best server I would suggest is infinite aion as they try to keep it asclose to retail as possible. Also they have a low and high rate server.
wrong infinite aion sucks a lot if you can read/speak russian just try silverstone aion a lot of players, almost each day update, infinite just stays behind this server and if you can't read russian, ask in forum, as i know there's a possibility to change client language to english
Old 07/31/2010, 20:06   #8

elite*gold: 81
Received Thanks: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyth View Post
The quest gap was from lv30 to 35, thats the time where you usually go into the fire temple (or whatever the elyos dungeon is called) anyway (At this point you are probably done with all the quests in that region, and you may want to go to the second region where you can continue with the quests on lv 30).

Aion isn't really grindy, WoW is worse. And Pservers generally suck with Aion, I wouldn't recommend it, somehow it feels completly different, because it also works different.
Old 07/31/2010, 23:18   #9

Right now I am playing on a fun server just so that I can get a feel of how being a higher level is. I got to level 20 or so legit during the beta so a lot is repetitive.
Old 08/01/2010, 03:09   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaYoRz View Post
Right now I am playing on a fun server just so that I can get a feel of how being a higher level is. I got to level 20 or so legit during the beta so a lot is repetitive.
I got from level 15 to level 32 legit by just using a craftbot lol on the official server.

Aion isn't really grindy what people use to think, and since the beta, the quests give about *3/15 more exp.
Old 08/09/2010, 00:34   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
I got from level 15 to level 32 legit by just using a craftbot lol on the official server.

Aion isn't really grindy what people use to think, and since the beta, the quests give about *3/15 more exp.
haha are you level 50?

the problem is, 1-50 is a peace of cake compared to the grind at 50. at level 50 the real grind starts, and thats the main problem of aion.
Old 08/09/2010, 02:33   #12

join gamezaion, fast exp.
Join Elyeos tho because asmos are out numbering us So now we're getting attacked in towns like no mon yanna....
Lvling is really easy... Quests give great exp, troubles start when ur looking for lvl 50 gear so u can level.
Old 08/09/2010, 17:08   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic1 View Post
haha are you level 50?

the problem is, 1-50 is a peace of cake compared to the grind at 50. at level 50 the real grind starts, and thats the main problem of aion.
Yes, but that is endgame pretty much and you just get your last gear. After that the game will offer no more goals to you which is, considering there is no more content after it, pretty OK. If you hit level 50 you are done with most of the quests and the only goals are the ones you set by yourself, you can apply this to anny mmorpg, but it's not part of the actual process getting to level 50.

It's the same with WoW, you don't take a job in WoW because you are able to craft equip for the comming levels for yourself, you solely craft it for the purpose of selling it. Theres practically no point in learning a craft because of that. But it's still not considered grinding. Point is, you have finished the game, you are just grinding for gears. This is not grinding, nor a requirement to get to level 50. Of course it should be pretty obvious to you that the game won't just shove the best equip into your ***, or else there would be no point in competition.
Old 08/09/2010, 19:59   #14

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave3 View Post
wrong infinite aion sucks a lot if you can read/speak russian just try silverstone aion a lot of players, almost each day update, infinite just stays behind this server and if you can't read russian, ask in forum, as i know there's a possibility to change client language to english
i <3 this part :P
i wold say gamez aion , it's a good sever
Come to the dark side , we have cookies (asmo )
Old 08/15/2010, 07:28   #15

gamez aion isnt good. Lags and always down....
i was wondering guys. in the retail aion, how long it take to get to lvl 50?
and is pvp good? i mean i like LOADS of people pvping togetha and kicking the **** out of each other. does that happen?
and when it happens does it lag alot? cause pservers lag.