Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 03:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Error after installing new DX

Discussion on Error after installing new DX within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Error after installing new DX

OK orignally i got a Direct X error..updated to the latest DX now its just giving me a generic error "if you were in the middle of something yada yada yada"

I have a Radeon X850 graphics card ~256 mbs is it becuase my graphics card is too much suck?
Old 04/11/2009, 13:48   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanxxx View Post
OK orignally i got a Direct X error..updated to the latest DX now its just giving me a generic error "if you were in the middle of something yada yada yada"

I have a Radeon X850 graphics card ~256 mbs is it becuase my graphics card is too much suck?
Had a 850XT some time ago. I guess it's really to old. One another point is that the card doesn't support shader3.0+++ So Aion never will works for you with this card. I wonder if you are able to play other newer games in general...
Old 04/11/2009, 20:33   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaiden View Post
Had a 850XT some time ago. I guess it's really to old. One another point is that the card doesn't support shader3.0+++ So Aion never will works for you with this card. I wonder if you are able to play other newer games in general...

Basically all I play is wow and all the Source games which run fine....I've really just been waiting for windows 7 to build a new pc
Old 04/12/2009, 13:44   #4

AION won't run on Windows 7.
Old 04/12/2009, 15:05   #5

Aion will may run on Win7 after realese.

For the grafig thing:
Source Engine and the Blizzard Warcraft engine, are not that shader eating.

Aion is using an completely other game engine (Cryengine) that got used for Crysis and in a lil bit other form for FarCry2 .

So you should not be able to play these two games also.

Greets
Mete
Old 04/13/2009, 02:33   #6

wrong crysis uses cryengine 2 and farcry 2 uses dunia engine
Old 04/13/2009, 21:47   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaiden View Post

my friend has a 850xt.. and the game run very good on with her..
shader settings too mid.. all other too high & 2xAA 30-60fps

its a good old graphic card!