Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 07:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Wings + Korea 1.2 Patchnotes

Discussion on New Wings + Korea 1.2 Patchnotes within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 10
New Wings + Korea 1.2 Patchnotes

Der gute lyankyjvon Aionsource hat sich wieder einmal für uns bemüht und die aktuellen koreanischen Patchnotes übersetzt. Es handelt sich dabei um Patch 1.2, welcher voraussichtlich zum Sommerbegin erscheint.

Okay, they added 1.2 patch notes to korean site, which is once again a free content update to the game. No real, ETA on Korean retail servers, estimated release is beginning of summer!

'Though it doesn't seem much, there are some quite interesting and uplifting changes.
Personally, I'd be happy to have these as a new larger patch.

Dungeons

As mentioned in recent interviews, they added new instance dungeons.

One for Theobomos:

One for Brusthonin:

Re-entry for these dungeons and for every other aswell have been decreased to 2 hrs.

- Some old dungeons got new set of armor and weapon drops!

Rifting

Apparently, when you are at the opposite side of the world, stepping out from a Rift, you can get the curse of the favored Lord worshipped by the enemy faction (asmos get the curse of Ariel, elyos get the curse of Asphel) after a certain number of kills. The more lowerlvl player you kill, the faster you get the curse.

There are two type of Curses, step1 and step2.
Step1:
If you get the curse, you will endure a minor debuff on stats and you will be no longer able to use any Rifts which would lead you back to your world (e.g. you have to die to get home).
Step2:
Same as step1 + you cannot be resurrected by a mobile resurrection device (aka kiosk: craftable thing, you know)

In addition, if you are cursed, everyone in the same area will be able to see your location on their map.

Name of cursed characters will be displayed in purple color.

When a Hero (r10+) enters through a Rift, everyone in that area will be alerted, just like in the Abyss.

New wings

New wings can be acquired once you've completed the new story missions.

You get +100HP and +30 seconds flight time using these wings!

Elyos (glorious!)

Asmodian (ehm, notpurplebutyellow!) (edit: oh, I get it now! Those are eyes!! oooooo!)

Crafting

Now, when you hover your mouse over the icon of a recipe, you can not only see the stats of the default weapon you can create from, but the stats of the unique weapon you can get from a critical success during crafting!

Quests

Bunch of quests were added to lvl45+ areas.
Repetable quests become harder (somewhat).

Abyss Points (+rifting)

Now you will gain a small amount of AP even outside of Abyss, during Rifting. It is a really small amount and you only get it only if you've killed a higher or equal lvl player.

More NPC were placed near villages to Defend those safe zones.

Legions

Officers and leaders now can write notification texts to their legion.

Example: 2009.04.05 15:00 Raid on Crab Boss. - as you get closer to that specific time, the game will alert you about this event in chatbox.

(afaik a similar if not the same feature is alreadyi in the game, in that case this means that the warning will be even more noticable from now on)

Raid

Those annoying Raid signs were removed (giant red and green arrow, poop, etc) or replaced, now more aesthetic ones appeared:

Char-customization

Nothing interesting, they've changed tone of some colors, blablaba..

NOTE: These infos were translated by me (still learning), so take everything with caution, I will ask a true translator to recheck everything in this article.
EDIT: NOTE: Jameinkaiser revised it, everything is legit

Die neuen Flügel sehen richtig schick aus.
Auch interessant is das mit dem Flüchen :>

Source:

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2009, 17:55   #2

elite*gold: 0
Nice, you can Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V really well!

just kidding, nice work posting it here..new elyos wings are badass..