Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 17:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

9dragons 2021 (Unreal Engine)

Discussion on 9dragons 2021 (Unreal Engine) within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 02/02/2021, 12:51   #46

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddwood View Post
Bro I don't wanna flex on you but I am a success in my field, yet you don't know anyone successful in your own.

Not possible or not feasible, what one is it?
Of course it's not fucking feasible, who in their right mind would think for a minute it was, I said it was possible, big difference.
I'm sure your imagination is running wild, especially with your assumptions regarding my person or even yourself.

If you consider working 24 hours per day by 4 people, with 120% performance, no eating, no sleeping, etc. - and you consider cloning the game 1-1 - no, it's still not even possible, and far from being feasible. If you are happy with a generic UE engine with 0 networking done and modeled something similar to one of the maps, then you can handle that much in a few days (see: the games based on asset flipping). But it's not 9Dragons, I wouldn't even call it 0dragons at that state.

Don't forget that you have two ways of doing this shit - and both are way too much time-consuming:
  • recreating the whole server-side from the scratch (then you can use UE networking)
  • match the packet structures and interfaces - add reverse engineering for that

So I keep my opinion unchanged: cloning this game 1-1 (or even giving the game the same feeling) is impossible within 1 year for the team of 4 people working full-time on it. Even if they get paid, even if no lawyer stuff is going to be involved, even if they won't have any problems during the development, even if they stay 100% motivated. Prove me wrong.

And regarding possible vs feasible - what's the point of something is theoretically possible, if you actually can't pull it off. Remember how much it takes for JGW to make the graphic update - is it 4 years by now? And all they did was showing us a part of Hangzhou. So you are trying to say the developers with full access to the original code cannot do the stuff for years, but you expect a group of 4 randoms to make it in 1 year?
Old 02/02/2021, 13:04   #47

Quote:
Not really, I know people like you like to project a lot so I have a little insight, like the fact that you must be overweight, calling others "fat ***".
I know people like you knowing people, and definitely, it applies both ways. Literally skipped AGAIN all of the reasons, because you know you can't answer them with that lacking knowledge of yours.
Old 02/02/2021, 13:05   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
And regarding possible vs feasible - what's the point of something is theoretically possible, if you actually can't pull it off.
I'm not disagreeing, most can't pull it off, especially the hacks at JGW that I doubt even worked on the original project.

Quote:
And regarding possible vs feasible -
Logically is anything you guys do feasible? Yet you do it because you love the game, I can respect that.
Old 02/02/2021, 13:15   #49

Quote:
Logically is anything you guys do feasible? Yet you do it because you love the game, I can respect that.
With a given amount of knowledge, this stuff is feasible. But you can't ignore the amount of work that is required to literally write the game from scratch.

The way the content development goes, it's far from being reasonable, though. After all these years, we've got into a race for the developers who can pull something new, extraordinary. And there is me - aside from New Dawn development and our team's ideas - I'm asking myself "how tf they pulled it off" and trying to find a way, and it seems to be easily doable in most of the cases. At this point, we're at a war of imagination
Old 02/02/2021, 13:27   #50

Quote:
At this point, we're at a war of imagination
Hire edwood, he seems to have plenty and also plenty of time to spare.

Once again this goes back to the dominant era of "I am obviously better". Is this murica? Thod you guys are mostly EU based.

What's your specialization Edwood? What you do best than your peers? Just curious since you can criticize for once and have no ground for it..reeks of social distancing before it was mandatory.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/02/2021, 15:43   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by senatovici View Post
What's your specialization Edwood? What you do best than your peers? Just curious since you can criticize for once and have no ground for it..reeks of social distancing before it was mandatory.
I work in property development, I'm far from being the best property developer ever, nor do I claim to be the best at anything.

I just had an opinion, the rest is in your head.

@ Adek I agree with you it is possible just isn't feasible, no one in their right mind would touch a project like that, and to pull it off would be some feat.
Old 02/27/2021, 15:12   #52

Server will be up and running in less than 5 months, i dont know why you are talking ****, is it because of jealousy? Im not a great developer but 20 hours of work per day will get us there, currently got a 5 man team, working hard as hell to achieve the goal, cant wait to release this in PC & Mobile version and watch how you eat your words haha.

P.S: Using 9d2 files in UE is really piece of cake ( skill animations and characters done from scratch, will include sprint & wallruns, dynamic environment and sound etc. ) if you are not a greedy MF that wants only $$$. Im doing this for the sake of changing something about this game. Enjoy spamming on a thread that i have created, that will remind me you folks never tried to help in this project and is a good motivation for me to keep working, il just ignore all the retarded things you are saying and deliver a great product instead of trying to revive an old *** game.

FOR THE 9D COMMUNITY:
You should be hyped for this since its gonna be better than 9d1 and age of wushu or blade & soul combined together, cant wait to show you the first pvp footage in open world !
Old 02/27/2021, 16:07   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsShisuiMotherfvckers View Post
Server will be up and running in less than 5 months, i dont know why you are talking shit, is it because of jealousy? Im not a great developer but 20 hours of work per day will get us there, currently got a 5 man team, working hard as hell to achieve the goal, cant wait to release this in PC & Mobile version and watch how you eat your words haha.

P.S: Using 9d2 files in UE is really piece of cake ( skill animations and characters done from scratch, will include sprint & wallruns, dynamic environment and sound etc. ) if you are not a greedy MF that wants only $$$. Im doing this for the sake of changing something about this game. Enjoy spamming on a thread that i have created, that will remind me you folks never tried to help in this project and is a good motivation for me to keep working, il just ignore all the retarded things you are saying and deliver a great product instead of trying to revive an old ass game.

FOR THE 9D COMMUNITY:
You should be hyped for this since its gonna be better than 9d1 and age of wushu or blade & soul combined together, cant wait to show you the first pvp footage in open world !
Well guys, do I have to speak up or you can actually consider it the worst joke already?

It took at least 4 years for B&S between the first mention to the first NCsoft closed beta. Just a reminder it's a company with over 3000 employees and billions of dollars of income. Oh, and a massive experience with developing and publishing small MMOs like Lineage, Guild Wars, AION, WildStar...

For Age of Wushu, it took 3 years of beta testing (and there are no known dates for their development process) before they even started considering the launch. And we talk about the international company, as well.

5 guys, 5 months, 20 hours daily. Waiting for the dev streams. Oh, and mobile version. Yeah. Any decent MMORPG is available on mobiles? Genshin Impact, maybe, and it's hard to call it an "MMO" with their limited multiplayer availability. Blade and Soul mobile? Canceled. Any other "game" we can consider "MMO" and is available on mobiles? Maybe Diablo Immortal in the future. And it's also developed by definitely more than 5 developers, for definitely more than 5 months, with definitely less complicated mechanism than those available in MMORPGs.

Prove that you are better with your 5 people team than those small companies that pay people with LoL skins. Oh, wait.

CC: @ @

Edit: you failed to even copy a folder from RDP to reuse it on another server, and you want to create a big ass project.

Quote:
As the title might suggest to you guyz, i have been working on creating a 9dragons game from scratch in unreal engine since 9dragons 2 is a drag
Quote:
P.S: Using 9d2 files in UE is really piece of cake ( skill animations and characters done from scratch, will include sprint & wallruns, dynamic environment and sound etc. ) if you are not a greedy MF that wants only $$$. Im doing this for the sake of changing something about this game.
You should decide already.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/27/2021, 16:25   #54

Quote:
Server will be up and running in less than 5 months, i dont know why you are talking ****, is it because of jealousy? Im not a great developer but 20 hours of work per day will get us there, currently got a 5 man team, working hard as hell to achieve the goal, cant wait to release this in PC & Mobile version and watch how you eat your words haha.

P.S: Using 9d2 files in UE is really piece of cake ( skill animations and characters done from scratch, will include sprint & wallruns, dynamic environment and sound etc. ) if you are not a greedy MF that wants only $$$. Im doing this for the sake of changing something about this game. Enjoy spamming on a thread that i have created, that will remind me you folks never tried to help in this project and is a good motivation for me to keep working, il just ignore all the retarded things you are saying and deliver a great product instead of trying to revive an old *** game.

FOR THE 9D COMMUNITY:
What is more fun is that you actually took a year or so to do Potala Dungeon and yet you want to do something complete new 9Dragons in just 5 month's. Well I never wasted my time on epvp but this was fun.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/27/2021, 16:57   #55

elite*gold: 100
U would have at least something to show if it was easy as you say.
If you are for real then prove it, otherwise not a single soul will believe you.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but your ETA is Unreal. (pun intended)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/27/2021, 17:43   #56

I'm just not sure what is the point of this whole thread, we all know what you are talking is pure non-sense and impossible. Also hobby dev of couple guys (if you even have a team) developing a better game from scratch than actually published games such as BnS, please.. xD Is it for attention because you are lonely, or any actual point for this?
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/28/2021, 15:08   #57

elite*gold: 90
Quote:
Server will be up and running in less than 5 months, i dont know why you are talking shit, is it because of jealousy? Im not a great developer but 20 hours of work per day will get us there, currently got a 5 man team, working hard as hell to achieve the goal, cant wait to release this in PC & Mobile version and watch how you eat your words haha.

P.S: Using 9d2 files in UE is really piece of cake ( skill animations and characters done from scratch, will include sprint & wallruns, dynamic environment and sound etc. ) if you are not a greedy MF that wants only $$$. Im doing this for the sake of changing something about this game. Enjoy spamming on a thread that i have created, that will remind me you folks never tried to help in this project and is a good motivation for me to keep working, il just ignore all the retarded things you are saying and deliver a great product instead of trying to revive an old ass game.

FOR THE 9D COMMUNITY:
OMG I cannot believe what i am reading here. The B/S you said to adek1994 and bog18dy, about been able to develop for private servers, when all you did was sit at a keyboard and talk sh1t on discord all day. Then rant and slag off, those who have put alot off effort in to this community.

Lets not forget you running off with intelectual property, which was kindly given from pserver owners.

You are a complete joke. Running my name down on here with cr%p, to be honest, i cant wait for this venture to take place, you are so called developing. You made a mockery of alot of people on here. I think its fair for karma to be delivered. Trust me it will and i will make sure you are the laughing stock on here. We will test your abilities, to protect your data trust me.
Old 03/01/2021, 12:57   #58

Welp. This thread is fun and very *realistic*
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/02/2021, 20:11   #59

elite*gold: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumon View Post
Welp. This thread is fun and very *realistic*
Lets be honest guys, lets not beat about the bush. This is Alurion , who made this thread.

Alurion and his uncle aka GM disaster.I have never come across maimed people in my life. But these 2 characters, have certainly, caused alot of heartache, for all of the private server communities. Trust and loyalty, was not words, foreign or local, to their vocab. They are a complete disgrace, to this community. I really hope, their fame of ******** people over, are at long last to an end of painful memories, we have all experienced.

R.I.P

Alurion
(GM) Disaster
Old 03/03/2021, 21:30   #60

elite*gold: 214
Quote:
As the title might suggest to you guyz, i have been working on creating a 9dragons game from scratch in unreal engine since 9dragons 2 is a drag, as you well know, 1 man cant accomplish much very fast on his own so I am looking for a small team of young people that want to join the project and help finish it by next year hopefully .
Send me DM's or just post here, I will recruit 4 people according to experience in developing, VN's are most welcome to help too !
Best joke i've read in a whole while. Thanks for lighting up my day in these dark times of the corona pandemic.