Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 01:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

9Dragons2

Discussion on 9Dragons2 within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
9Dragons2

If you were thinking that 9Dragons2 was never going to be developed well, you were wrong. I am pleased to show you a few SS taken from our new 9Dragons2 server project, this is under development and will be out as soon as 08/2020 .
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_1.png (1.98 MB, 356 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_7.png (1.40 MB, 351 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_9.png (1.25 MB, 353 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_11.png (1.18 MB, 351 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/19/2019, 04:59   #2

Yeah... Those aren't your screenshots .

These are screenshots from when we had considered launching this game, but then decided against it as it would require a larger investment than a small team could reasonably invest into it.

The screenshots are the exact same position in the exact same spots, with the exact same perspective, angle and position for any object or NPC.

It would also take more than a single year to make any reasonable progress for the game, which is again why we put off working on the game; with a full team that included dedicated developers and designers working full time, you'd have need 2-3 years or more to get a fairly bare bone initial release done. While there is some systems in place, most of them were not hooked in place, and there was no progression or anything else ready release.

Now if you have an insane work schedule, a larger than normal MMO development team with everything including concept artist, 3D artist, environmental artist (you would need one for this time frame), and at least 5 or more skilled programmers who are familiar with the engine (this is a bespoke engine, and the full source is not included in this release, so you would also need that) you could potentially make your fake time frame.

If people really want to experience how rough this state is, I can setup a server at some point, and you will see why we never pursued it. It will take some time as my developers and myself are currently busy with other things though.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/19/2019, 08:18   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4V4N View Post
Yeah... Those aren't your screenshots .

These are screenshots from when we had considered launching this game, but then decided against it as it would require a larger investment than a small team could reasonably invest into it.

The screenshots are the exact same position in the exact same spots, with the exact same perspective, angle and position for any object or NPC.

It would also take more than a single year to make any reasonable progress for the game, which is again why we put off working on the game; with a full team that included dedicated developers and designers working full time, you'd have need 2-3 years or more to get a fairly bare bone initial release done. While there is some systems in place, most of them were not hooked in place, and there was no progression or anything else ready release.

Now if you have an insane work schedule, a larger than normal MMO development team with everything including concept artist, 3D artist, environmental artist (you would need one for this time frame), and at least 5 or more skilled programmers who are familiar with the engine (this is a bespoke engine, and the full source is not included in this release, so you would also need that) you could potentially make your fake time frame.

If people really want to experience how rough this state is, I can setup a server at some point, and you will see why we never pursued it. It will take some time as my developers and myself are currently busy with other things though.
Would be interesting if you were as kind as to share 9D1 source if you don't plan to ever use it, 9D2 is too big of a project for anyone to take. If you do plan to use it, we're looking forward to your server.
Cheers.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/19/2019, 09:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog18dy View Post
Would be interesting if you were as kind as to share 9D1 source if you don't plan to ever use it, 9D2 is too big of a project for anyone to take. If you do plan to use it, we're looking forward to your server.
Cheers.
It's not really a matter of using it or not using it; I have an agreement with our source provider where we do not release our files or re-sell them. I'd rather stay on good terms with the guy who often gives me free files, or acts as a broker to people who have access to files that I'm interested in.

It's also not that 9D2 is too big a project, but that it is barely a project to start with. It is a proof of concept that was put together to show either internally, or to investors (I hope they didn't do that, it's really rough). The reason why we had considered working on it is that we have enough man power and resources where we could have done something, and even then we were estimating it would take us 3+ years minimum, and that is with a skilled team. Those screenshots that I linked is the complete game as it currently is.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/19/2019, 11:00   #5

Quote:
It's not really a matter of using it or not using it; I have an agreement with our source provider where we do not release our files or re-sell them. I'd rather stay on good terms with the guy who often gives me free files, or acts as a broker to people who have access to files that I'm interested in.

It's also not that 9D2 is too big a project, but that it is barely a project to start with. It is a proof of concept that was put together to show either internally, or to investors (I hope they didn't do that, it's really rough). The reason why we had considered working on it is that we have enough man power and resources where we could have done something, and even then we were estimating it would take us 3+ years minimum, and that is with a skilled team. Those screenshots that I linked is the complete game as it currently is.
I meant that you'd share it if your provider does not want to sell it/ might not have any clients for it, rather than being unused the community/developers over here would appreciate it.

@9D2, I meant that the project of building the game itself is too big, 9D2 as it is is not a project, it's a proof of concept like you said.
Old 09/19/2019, 11:44   #6

Quote:

I think now it's time to share the source code yeyeye or tell your friends to sell it, or make an event to share it. please !!!! This community craves for it, they can sacrifice for it
Old 09/19/2019, 12:37   #7

You're not the only 9D2 Developer thats out there, we are hundreds Those SS are taken personally by myself, if u want to join the Dev team, please send me a DM.
This game going to blow up and make a lot of money. As for 9D1 source code, you can get that on KR 9dragons forum which is similar to epvpers, do your research better !
Old 09/19/2019, 13:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Terror] View Post
You're not the only 9D2 Developer thats out there, we are hundreds Those SS are taken personally by myself, if u want to join the Dev team, please send me a DM.
This game going to blow up and make a lot of money. As for 9D1 source code, you can get that on KR 9dragons forum which is similar to epvpers, do your research better !
Yeahhh those SS are clearly taken by yourself... They only have the name blacked out with the same length to cover up the exact name used in ours. The exact same character position, exact same camera angle, exact same NPC/object position in each screen .

Not sure if you're just a ******* ******, or if you make up for what you lack in intelligence with *****... Absolutely certain it's the former.

There isn't such a thing as a 9D2 developer, as 9D2 couldn't pass for a game in it's current state. If you honestly think you can create a full game in a year, I'd love to see it. That said, I have a background in development and have worked in the game industry, and I know exactly how long it would take to get a 'game' (again, proof of concept, not even a game) to a state where you could release, and 1 year does not cut it.

Not sure how you call public sites research... Those sites usually only contain broken files, or files that aren't worth much.

Have fun developing your game I guess? You're definitely going to need it .
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/21/2019, 09:04   #9

elite*gold: 214
@
You should check my PM on occasion. Thanks.
Old 09/25/2019, 19:43   #10

S4V4N you're just one of the haters, idgaf about your frustration.
Old 09/25/2019, 21:31   #11

Received Thanks: 1,013
Quote:
Bad luck he's on point with basically everything.
Old 09/28/2019, 02:10   #12

Quote:
I think you're giving yourself too much credit; rather than frustration, I mostly feel amusement at how stupidly you went about this, and how you continue to go about this. Quite literally, prior to this it's pretty obvious you're just some random **** head who plays on private servers, and knows next to nothing of running or developing your own.

As far as being a hater... To hate something I'd have to have a strong emotional attachment to it, and quite literally you're not even really worth disdain. I just find it amusing how you dig yourself a bigger hole with your incompetence and make more of a fool out of yourself.

If you literally were able to do anything with the game, just post new screenshots that aren't from my site, and that aren't doctored. Otherwise it's pretty obvious you're full of **** . I think my dev was able to get in game within 2 days? So it's not exactly difficult or anything.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/13/2019, 00:40   #13

Received Thanks: 1,013
Quote:
Shut the **** up you whiny *****
Nobody asked for your opinion, youre nobody.
I wonder who's "nobody" out of us two. Who the hell you are? Since I did quite a lot for this community, compared to you, whoever you are.

Okay, spent a minute. All your posts are "selling" some crappy accounts and "requesting" the features because you can't do **** by yourself. REQUESTING, like we're all just to serve you. That's what you are - some all talk no-name in this community. Quoda? Sounds like some ****.

Better read all of your posts and get some skill in anything. All you did in your whooping 50-ish posts is bullshitting around. Well, I'd even consider Tengerecki a better person than you. All you did was "hacking GG and editing character state" on Eclipse. Been there, done that - and way more, and I have the proof - people saw the video. If that's the cap of your possibilities, there's no place for you to call me "nobody". I dare say, you shouldn't even be around here, just go and wave some bucks to Mardu, I'm sure he'll invest it better.

It's funny you called that S4V4N guy "whiny *****" and told him to shut up. Same at you. Even more, you provided nothing but drama. He showed that you are a piece of **** and did nothing in regards of 9D2. He proved his point, I respect him, and he showed you your place. You are just nothing. Calling us names, but not being able to do anything by himself is pathetic. Go back to your kindergarten.
Old 10/13/2019, 09:45   #14

Quote:
Shut the **** up you whiny *****

Nobody asked for your opinion, youre nobody.
I know acting like an edgy little idiot online makes you feel like you've accomplished something with your worthless waste of air life, or at least somewhat validates yourself. But just remember in the moments before you sleep that you will always be a walking pile of garbage who no one, not even your parents, has any expectations of and that your very existence is so inconsequential that you could disappear tomorrow and no one would mourn or miss you.

Sadly, it's the fate of every idiotic fuckboy like yourself.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/06/2019, 01:21   #15

Quote:
Can you link pm us or share the 9d1 source file that you said you can get on some KR 9dragons forum.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk