Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 4Story
You last visited: Today at 15:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

4Story TMD, TFX, TTX etc... able to decrypt?

Discussion on 4Story TMD, TFX, TTX etc... able to decrypt? within the 4Story forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
4Story TMD, TFX, TTX etc... able to decrypt?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here (stotterer09, perhaps?) knows how we can see what's in the various files in the 4story client data folder? I've spent ages looking for editors or extractor/compilers to no avail. Looking at them through a hex editor but I'm not too skilled with them and only know where line endings are occurring. Contents seem encrypted and an example file attached.

I just need to know if it's possible and where to start looking, and perhaps receive some guidance.

Any help is appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CharSFX.zip (202.9 KB, 62 views)
Old 04/25/2017, 22:01   #2

elite*gold: 192
Received Thanks: 3,262
Take a look on the public source files. You'll find some code lines that processes (read &| write) those files with their underlying data structure. But please avaid asking from where you can get the source files.

KR Logtetsch
Old 04/25/2017, 22:02   #3

elite*gold: 45
Do you have working client sources for that particular version of CharSFX ?

@ Do you know in which cpp TFX files are loaded, i cant find the function.

I am currently working on a c# sdk for editing 4story files (tcd's in particular but other formats should work aswell)
Old 04/25/2017, 22:11   #4

elite*gold: 192
Received Thanks: 3,262
Actually not Did you already tried searching for "<filename>.sfx"?
Old 04/25/2017, 22:13   #5

There currently is no such tool (at least not public). If 0x6a6b offers anything to you, don't use it, he's known to RAT everything he's ever touched.
Old 04/25/2017, 22:18   #6

@ No, but I did find it,but InitTSFXTEMP, may be suspicious.
Do you know where LPSFX is definded? I dont find any typedef for it Oo

Concerning my sdk, i'm playing with the idea of opensourcing it as it makes working with tcd's a hell of a lot easier.

#Update: Despite its professional code, its structure looks pretty confusing, i should be able to read it by this time tomorrow.
Old 04/26/2017, 09:07   #7

Thanks for the replies, all. I currently don't have client source, no. Was hoping there might be a way similar to TCD editors that Stotterer09 released whereby their contents could be read.

That eventual SDK @ sounds pretty nice. In the meantime I'll try to hunt some client source down. The best I can guess is they seem to contain compressed strings to resources, and actual resources are in the media/ folder as TMD files?

Cheers for the replies, all. I can provide other SFX files or other formats if needed to try and help correlate their differences in the meantime, just let me know. Appreciate the assist.
Old 04/26/2017, 09:17   #8

The TEngineLib seems to use a modified version of zlib compression for theese files. Today ill try to uncompress those [emoji14]
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/26/2017, 10:14   #9

Where's that 'like post' button? :P EDIT - found it.

I've found some 3.5/8 source apparently compatible with my client. Looking at some of it in VS2005 Express until Professional finishes downloading. Would it be a correct assumption from what I've seen so far that somewhere in the compressed files is a bitmap image? I've seen some references to bitmap headers. I'm not really a C++ wizard, far from it, just poking and trying to find references to how textures might be painted to try and hunt how it sources them :S.
Old 04/26/2017, 12:34   #10

I am not to a hundred percent certain,but as far as i understand the code, it only contains physics and coord information. The textures should be in another file, im looking for those too.
Old 04/26/2017, 15:30   #11

There was already a server with edited sfxs etc.
Old 04/26/2017, 21:33   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x6a6b View Post
I am not to a hundred percent certain,but as far as i understand the code, it only contains physics and coord information. The textures should be in another file, im looking for those too.
That's actually pretty cringe if you think this, better stay with programming rats
Old 04/26/2017, 21:54   #13

@ like Kosts, you are absolutely counterproductive here. You could, for example, correct my misinterpretions. But no, throwing untenable claims into this thread is way more fun.
#Edit1: This sfx files may just contain 3D model views.
#Edit2: Finally managed to fully parse sfx files
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/27/2017, 10:38   #14

Nice work @ . No idea how you accomplished that but would be keen on learning your process if you were willing to PM. Any idea on if you can get them to export and recompile?
Old 04/27/2017, 11:07   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashenn View Post
Nice work @ . No idea how you accomplished that but would be keen on learning your process if you were willing to PM. Any idea on if you can get them to export and recompile?
Sure, i could provide free guidance how to create your own editor, alternatively i'd be willing to exchange a sample source(read/write algo+gui) for money [emoji14]