Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Zero
You last visited: Today at 23:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

random html

Discussion on random html within the Zero forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 540
Post random html

help pages can be a great place to introduce many great browser based resources into your client ... as there are many buttons and links in the game that are unused or defunct in most clients (in any game not just zero)

now they are usually used for simple things like listing "more info" links or help pages for your different in game attributes. Some however are used to connect to outside links on websites related to the game. but can be used for whatever you like such as a vote link, an account control panel, to display stats or information from your website, an image you simply like, ingame information for players that is updateable, or a movie or mini game for people to enjoy while they play (pretty much anything you can think of)

it actually uses your default browser to open these html pages(in some games/cases its a direct link to an html on a site ( you will have to create these yourself)
as this is posted in the zero section i will keep it to this particular game but the basic principle and practice will work in most games, and is rather simple with a basic knowledge of a few html tags

which is actually (as is most things in this game) rather easy to edit

first thing to do always is to find "what it is you need to edit"
in this case its as simple as logging into the game and opening the particular
help page you wish to edit or add to and clicking properties... this will give you both the size of the html or jpg and the name of it
next
just simply navigate into your client folder to .. data/help/<your desired help page>
and open it with your prefered text editor(dreamweaver or notepad ++ are common ones)
as you will see it is written in basic html code (the same ones you use on your website)
and you can edit or replace this code with whatever you want just remember the size limits of the window from earlier when you looked at the properties

further you can edit the images of the buttons themselves with a dds plugin and photoshop or several others
by navigating to data/main/ (or some other sub folders depending on the button) and finding your particular image
you can even get more detailed and edit the window properties themselves in some of the ini files but that is a whole different subject

two sample tags
basic vote window

notice the usage of embedded images and hotlinks(you dont have to have them in the client or even your own site) as well as headers to dictate the body

and this is for a window to show a movie in your client
using iframes
client side
notice there are no dictating headers only wrap tags

website side
place this in the website directory noted in the info above ie: yoursite.com/ and name it videoplayer.html
you can usually get this information from the "share" menu on most online streaming movies. alternately a traditional "embed" code on this part will work fine(although you should choose sites with as little adds or script errors as possible) you can also edit this to include several movies or a list of movies on one page etc.. or even select out of a database also... I wouldnt reccomend using sites that frequently have large amounts of copyrighted data .. as you dont want to get caught up in that

note: using iframes you can also allow people to view data from your database in the game ie: ranking, level, or nobility etc

as you can see there are numerous other possibilities too many to go into
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/30/2012, 00:23   #2

elite*gold: 540
something fun for u guys just creating a server
Thanks
1 User