Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Mobs don't aggro/attack MaNGOS

Discussion on Mobs don't aggro/attack MaNGOS within the WoW Private Server forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Mobs don't aggro/attack MaNGOS

MaNGOS

Im new to the WoW private server development, but I have had a lot of exp with Eudemons private servers. I have found a lot similar things between them. But right now im stuck! I have been trying to figure out what the problem is but can't. Searched all over then net, still nothin.....
Anyway, my problem is that ALL of the monsters are not attacking. I try to aggro, nothing.... I try to attack, nothing.... If I hit them they take the damage then heal then continue standing.
Can anyone help me with that?

Next question.

In order for me to open Navicat, Heidisql, SQLyog I have to open Winmysqladmin.exe located in C:/server/mysql/bin
If I dont it requires me to put in a password. Now in order for me to run the server programs like MaNGOS and logonserver I have to run the mysql from from AC control panel. If you don't know what that is, its a program that the person who created the server pack made. It just has 4 options. Run mysql, logonserver, mangos, and apache. I can't run more then 1 mysql at a time so is there a way I can fix that? It gets really frustrating trying to edit things in the game but in order to do so I have to close all server programs and WoW.
Old 01/06/2009, 09:45   #2

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution263 View Post
MaNGOS

Im new to the WoW private server development, but I have had a lot of exp with Eudemons private servers. I have found a lot similar things between them. But right now im stuck! I have been trying to figure out what the problem is but can't. Searched all over then net, still nothin.....
Anyway, my problem is that ALL of the monsters are not attacking. I try to aggro, nothing.... I try to attack, nothing.... If I hit them they take the damage then heal then continue standing.
Can anyone help me with that?
what color has the Name of the Creature you point on, if its yellow, there are 2 reasons, first ist the fraction, try to change it..., 2nd is you have GM Mode on, head to the readme to find out how to deactivate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution263 View Post
Next question.

In order for me to open Navicat, Heidisql, SQLyog I have to open Winmysqladmin.exe located in C:/server/mysql/bin
If I dont it requires me to put in a password. Now in order for me to run the server programs like MaNGOS and logonserver I have to run the mysql from from AC control panel. If you don't know what that is, its a program that the person who created the server pack made. It just has 4 options. Run mysql, logonserver, mangos, and apache. I can't run more then 1 mysql at a time so is there a way I can fix that? It gets really frustrating trying to edit things in the game but in order to do so I have to close all server programs and WoW.
Yes, there is a simple way to run more then one mySQL instances on one Physical Host.... change the connection port from 3306 in something diffrent, perhabs you have to reinstall the mysql server if its not an out of the box Product. Be carefull, not every application using mySQL is able to specify a connection Port.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/06/2009, 10:54   #3

Well the mob is yellow... I keep on attacking it and it don't attack back.
As for the MySQL..... I have tried forwarding some ports and other things. But when I try to go to the external IP address in the web browser it just takes me to a registration page for the WoW server. It has things like create an account, and so on....
How can I get it back to my modems site? So I can forward ports?
Old 01/06/2009, 11:34   #4

sounds like you have GM Mode on, try to turn it off.

for your portforwarding, turn off forwarding of port 80 (http) when port 80 is forwarded the router will take you to the given destination instead of answering the request be him self...
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/06/2009, 23:06   #5

Ok man, the GM mode thing worked. haha XD Thanks.
But the port forwarding is still confusing to me. Maybe if you could give me a couple of steps on where to start?
Also do you know how I can edit my exp rate? Quests, killing, etc.
Old 01/07/2009, 08:11   #6

rate are configured in the configfiles of your worldserver, that should be explained in there

ok... Portforwarding: lets leave it at Port 80 (HTTP), the Webinterface of your Router runs and answers on Port 80.
but when your forward this (or all) Port(s) your Router does not recognize any requests on the given ports, it just forward the requests to your desired destination.
You just need to forward the Ports for your Realm, not every Port.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/07/2009, 23:34   #7

I really do feel like an idiot, but I went to portforward.com Found my model of my router. Did the steps, but it still goes to my website. Well first I have to run apache for it to even get there. Also it said the default port should be 192.168.0.1., mine isn't. Mine is 98.232.162.150