Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

|Recruitment| C++ & SQL

Discussion on |Recruitment| C++ & SQL within the WoW Private Server forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 61
Received Thanks: 2,403
|Recruitment| C++ & SQL

Greetings everyone!

This is a recruitment thread for a project I am currently working on, if you are interested, read everything carefully and perhaps hit me up? We are currently looking for C++ & Sql developers, if you are one, dont be a stranger and message me via contact information which I will provide at the bottom of the thread.

Who are we?
For the time being, we are a small team which has been assembled simply to create something, and to satisfy all of our future customers! All of our staff team members are really experienced in the field of project management, development and over all customer services.

What I can say, and guarantee is that we expertise in the following, with no doubt at all:
  • Project management,
  • Web development,
  • vBulletin customization,
  • Customer services,
  • Emulation over all.

However, as we are all aware, it is not possible for a small team to achieve something extraordinary within the emulation scene as it would take years. We are not in rush, however we want to offer our future players only the best possible experience, we look forward to satisfy our future players and offer them as much as possible without. Thus, we are in need of capable people who want to create something worth of the time, and the money put into it. I wrote the general information regarding our project. - this to ensure that we are entitled to create an advertisement thread in the future, as this is solely for recruitment, but we felt like we should share at least general information.

Expansion: Warlords of Draenor.
Patch: 6.1.2
Rate: Progressive Blizzlike, 1x.
Recruit-a-Friend: 3x
PvE Content: Dungeons (Normal & Heroic) 90 - 100,
PvP Content: Raids (Normal, Heroic & Mythic) 100+.
Quests: Blizzlike.

Without further or due, please read below what we are mainly looking for:

Of course, there are some prerequisites you need to meet in order to be a suitable applicant.

Database Developer
You will be dealing with an entire database of data and you wil have to be able to make sense out of it, because there will likely be a lot of npcs and quests with the wrong information. You will also need to be familiar with trinity core and its data types for the tables. You should also be familiar with using wowhead and other fan sites as a useful tool to double check the required information, you should also be very familiar with your database editor of choice. Long story short:

You need to know how:
  • To use your editor comfortably,
  • To use the resources at hand,
  • To write code in the language that this position is named after,
  • To use the ingame commands flawlessly.

C++ DEVELOPER
You will be dealing with a lot of different kinds of tasks, mostly because Warlords of Draenor isnt exactly a resource for all the fixed encounters or bugs. You need to be able to hear an issue and know where or how to find where the issue might be located and be able to locally test your fix thoroughly. It would be prefered if you also used the tools of the trade.

You need to know:
  • How to use the tools of the trade like visual studio/cmake/git comfortably,
  • How to code in C++, we would prefer our code to be nice and neat, not cluttered and long when it really only needs to be 2 lines long.
  • How to identify and locate the issues when they arise,
  • How to test scripts/fixes locally. We cannot push your fixes to the live server willy nilly, you need to be able to test your stuff locally.
  • It would be also handy for you to know how to do certain database work, so you dont need someone else to do it for yourself, as by the time you contact other staff member, it could have been done already. Not mandatory, but it is a plus, and would be handy with no doubt.

If you think you would be an handy asset, do not hesitate and contact us. I am sure we can make some arrangements when it comes to payment as well. However, if we are to discuss the payment, then it will not be in this thread, nor anywhere publicly! For now, the only way you can contact me via is to private message me here on Epvp, or simply if you are interested send me an PM with your skype, or post in this thread.

Thank you for reading this, and dont be a stranger, feel free to PM me for any inquiry you might have.

Kind Regards,
Bau
Old 05/04/2015, 18:44   #2

elite*gold: 808
Received Thanks: 1,653
Right Place for it:

Greetz
Old 05/05/2015, 07:43   #3

elite*gold: 55
Received Thanks: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by °"Crazy"° View Post