Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How is WoW?

Discussion on How is WoW? within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How is WoW?

Heey I have never played WoW. although with this new system SWTOR has idk if i want to play it. How is WoW? Is there a lot of grinding? How fast you can get top tier gear and lvl?
Old 12/19/2016, 10:49   #2

elite*gold: 666
Received Thanks: 2,417
WoW is still one of the better MMOs out there. And still, after all this years, it probably has the best combat system.

There is so much grinding as you want to. There is some new grinding with the newest release, but it rarely feels like grinding. I think grinding is well balanced for the most part.

Gearing up is easy in Legion, but getting overall best-in-slot items for every slot will take a lot of time, dedication and some luck. But I don't think you will even need this kind of gear.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/19/2016, 13:12   #3

elite*gold: 86
In the past I've played many MMORPGs like Last Chaos, Shaiya, Allods, Forsaken World, Aion, TERA, Rift etc. and WoW is by far my favourite.
Compared to (most) other games it has a great depth. You can do so many things in the game like chasing achievements, titles, mounts, Pokemon like battles, PvP and PvE of course, roleplay or just hang out with people / meet new people / talk on teamspeak etc.
The lore / story of WoW can be compelling, too, if you like reading and adventures.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/20/2016, 16:46   #4

WoW has a lot of quest which are very good , I think It is imortant for a online game.
Old 12/20/2016, 17:59   #5

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 2,288
WoW > every other mmorpg
Old 12/21/2016, 03:09   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syc View Post
WoW is still one of the better MMOs out there. And still, after all this years, it probably has the best combat system.

There is so much grinding as you want to. There is some new grinding with the newest release, but it rarely feels like grinding. I think grinding is well balanced for the most part.

Gearing up is easy in Legion, but getting overall best-in-slot items for every slot will take a lot of time, dedication and some luck. But I don't think you will even need this kind of gear.
That was a kind of answer I expected! What it means "a lot of time" for top tier? Is a lot of time a month? half year or maybe even more?
hat about if i would spend 5h/day playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycrog View Post
In the past I've played many MMORPGs like Last Chaos, Shaiya, Allods, Forsaken World, Aion etc. and WoW is by far my favourite.
Compared to (most) other games it has a great depth. You can do so many things in the game like chasing achievements, titles, mounts, Pokemon like battles, PvP and PvE of course, roleplay or just hang out with people / meet new people / talk on steam etc.
The lore / story of WoW can be compelling, too, if you like reading and adventures.
That's interesting! I have also played Forsaken in the past. Must say i have enjoyed it short after the game was released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaPlay View Post
WoW has a lot of quest which are very good , I think It is imortant for a online game.
Ill try to remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varawel View Post
WoW > every other mmorpg
That's pretty straightforward
Old 12/21/2016, 13:37   #7

elite*gold: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recognizer View Post
That's interesting! I have also played Forsaken in the past. Must say i have enjoyed it short after the game was released!
The vampire class was interesting and I liked the pet taming possibility.
Old 12/21/2016, 13:44   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycrog View Post
The vampire class was interesting and I liked the pet taming possibility.
Yea vampires were cool. I was playing some big guy. I always play tanks so it was the same in this game for me. I liked the idea of the big guild castles in that game. They were cool :P
Old 12/21/2016, 16:50   #9

elite*gold: 666
Received Thanks: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recognizer View Post
That was a kind of answer I expected! What it means "a lot of time" for top tier? Is a lot of time a month? half year or maybe even more?
hat about if i would spend 5h/day playing?
It's not that easy.

WoW gets a new addon (expansion) every 2 years. Addons bring out new content and new, better gear. That makes the gear of the previous addon useless for the newly released content.

Within a lifetime of an addon there are several patches that introduce a new tier of gear which is better than that of the previous patch, but it's not as extrem as the change with a new addon.

"professional" players will try, everytime new gear is introduced, to get geared up as fast as up and run the hardest content (currently mythic raids and higher mythic+ dungeons). With every release of new content / gear a new race starts. Those players probably play more than 8 hours a day for weeks.

But as I said, there is no need in getting the best gear. There is still a lot of things to do and you can have just as much fun as players that put a huge amount of time into wow. (probably even more since those players take it often way too seriously)
Old 12/21/2016, 20:51   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syc View Post
It's not that easy.

WoW gets a new addon (expansion) every 2 years. Addons bring out new content and new, better gear. That makes the gear of the previous addon useless for the newly released content.

Within a lifetime of an addon there are several patches that introduce a new tier of gear which is better than that of the previous patch, but it's not as extrem as the change with a new addon.

"professional" players will try, everytime new gear is introduced, to get geared up as fast as up and run the hardest content (currently mythic raids and higher mythic+ dungeons). With every release of new content / gear a new race starts. Those players probably play more than 8 hours a day for weeks.

But as I said, there is no need in getting the best gear. There is still a lot of things to do and you can have just as much fun as players that put a huge amount of time into wow. (probably even more since those players take it often way too seriously)
Ok i got your point! Thx!