Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How To Play A Warlock (2.0)

Discussion on How To Play A Warlock (2.0) within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
After the 2.0, many many warlocks switched over to demo. But many many of them suck. So this guide here will help you all have a better understanding of how to use your pets and warlock abilities with those pets. This guide is primarily for Demo Warlocks, but can be used by all.

1. Build
2. Pets
A. Imp
B. Voidwalker
C. Succubus
D. Felhunter
E. Infernal
F. Doomgaurd
G. Felguard (Demo only)
3. Spells
A. DoTs
B. Damage Dealing
C. Draines
D. Fears
E. Stones
F. Other Spells
4. PvE role
A. Crowd Control
B. DpS
C. AoE

1. Build

Build is what makes ur warlock, ur warlock. What really controls how your warlock acts in both PvP and PvE, is how ur talents are set up. This is primarily up to you, wether u want to be a PvP strong warlock, PvE, dpser, DoTer, or demons that rape people, it all depends. My suggestion is Demonology. Demonolgy makes ur pets virtually gods, to the point where they can solo some classes that are equal level. Demo also gives you boosts, such as demo tactics gives you 15% of ur pets stamina and mana, in the form of +spell power, or Master Demonologist, which gives you various buffs, or my fav, Soul Link, which 30% of the damage done to u gets split with ur pet. Another great thing is u get 6 sec summons (as apposed to 10), and you have an ability that u can summon ur pet in .5 secs (15 min cooldown) very very useful, if ur pet dies in combat, and need a new one. What ever build u take, make sure it suites u, not what others say.

2. Pets

Pets are virtualy what makes a warlock not a mage that cast shadow instead of gay ass frost. Pets are incredibly powerful, but are often over looked. Many times someone will see a warlocks pet, just ignore it, and attack something else, such as the rouge attacking their friend. Little do they notice, that Felguard is hitting them for about 150-200 damage, nearly every 2 secs, using stuns on them, amongst other things. With good knowledge of pets, you are well on ur way to becoming a great warlock.

A. Imp

The imp is the basic warlock pet. Its small, fragile, but very useful. An imp is a great thing to have in a PvE group, as it gives Blood pact, which can be over 500-700 health, depending on armor and such. Also the imp allows for a firesheild, which does damage to attackers if either the imp or the warlocks gets damaged. Its not a catastropic amount, but damage is damage. Also imps have phase shift, so they dont get damaged while passive, which is great for keeping a warrior with some extra stamina, but not worrying about ur imp dying. The imps basic attack is a fireball, with some talents, can shoot very fast and very hard, but its based on mana, and mana runs out eventually. Another thing is with Master Demonologist, your imp and you also recieve 10% less threat, which is good for people who dps like crazy

B. Voidwalker

Viodwalkers are the big badass blue things. They are virtually the warlock's personal tank, and are the greatest thing for leveling. Voidwalkers have very, very high armor, high health, and can taunt/pull agro. VW (voidwalker shortened) are very useful for long PvE, because they will pull most damage, and hold aggro. When i go farming Devilsaurs, i use a VW all the time, because those SoBs hit HARD. VWs also have sacrifice, which gives the Warlock Master a temporary sheild, of around 2k damage that itll absorb, depending on gear and talents. MD(Master Demonolgist) buff from VW is 10% less damage, which is very nice, because not only you get it, but so does ur pet.

C. Succubus

The delicious succubus. This is that little sexy demon with the leather bikini, whip, tail, and wings. The Succubus has many uses, primarily for mass damage dealing. A succubus can actually turn invisible, a useful thing to get thejump on an unexpecting enemy. A rouge might jump you, but with a invisible Succ (short for succubus), you can get a jump on them too. Succs also have lash of pain which does a handful of damage. Succs also have Soothing Kiss, which is kind of the anti taunt, which makes the enemy target more likely to attack something else. Succs are often used for Crowd Control by using seduce, which keeps a target trained on the succubus, unable to do anything, unless it is attacked or the spell is ended. This ability is great if a warlock seduces a paladin, then drains the mana of a paladin, then no more bubble . The MD buff for succs is 10% more damage, which is great for damage dealing, like fighting Vael, which requires crazy Dps.

D. FelHunter

Ah, a pet that used to be way to over looked, and now has become one of the most popular warlock pets. This pet i always used pre-2.0 (I use felguard now) because its amazing. My felhunters (FH for short) could solo quiet a lot of mages, without anything from me except maybe 2 instant cast DoTs. FH have the great abilitly of spell lock, which silences the target, ad if they are casting a spell at the point of spell lock, that whole school of magic has a temporary extra cooldown, which can be very helpful, especially using this against a holy priest thats healing, no more heals for the group . FH also have paranioa, which increases stealth detection. This ability is often over looked , but is absolutly amazing. I can see rouges loads of times b4 they even get to me, or at least my pet will, and itll even pull them out of stealth for me, so i can blast them. FH also have tainted blood which lowers the enemies attack power when the FH is hit, and it even stacks 5 times. FH also have devour magic, which will actually get rid of positive buffs on targets, or negative buffs on you, so if ur target just used demon armor, or something like that, stip them of that buff . FH MD ability is +(your level) in resistance to all schools. This is great, because +60 resistance takes a way a hand ful of damage, and it takes away from ALL spells.

E. Infernal

Ahh yess the infernal. The infernal is a well, interesting pet, fun, but not really pratical. Infernals can be an absolute powerhouse, they have VERY high dps, an immolate ability that effects any1 within a certain range, and some other interesting things. Also their summon is very cool though. The summon consists of comanding a meteor to strike the ground, causing a AoE stun and 200 damage to every1, and looks much like the intro cinematic. Though there is a price to this power. infernals are not even really summoned, but more 'called upon', as they dont stay loyale forever. Infernals are enslaved, and they do break being enslaved. U can reenslave, but is a hastle to be fighting someone, and mid fight have ur huge infernal turn towards you and try to kill you, then trying to fight ur infernal, ur enemy, and reenslave ur infernal. The spell also requires an infernal stone, which must be bought for 50s at a reagant vendor. The cooldown on the summon spell is 1 hour. The quest for this is hilarious, because at the end, you fight a giant chicken, really funny. Also there is no MD buff

F. Doomgaurd

OOOOOOOOO!!! Now we get to something tasty. Very few have ever had to suffer under a doomgaurds wrath, and even fewer have been able to control it. Doomgaurds can only be summoned through 2 methods: 1, you use Cure of Doom, which has a very very slight chance, on killing a target, that the doomgaurd will be summoned. Ive only had this happen once, one time while i was sitting in burning steps, i casted it on a low level mob, walked away, and i saw doomgaurd get summoned, and then it killed me. The other was i was showing my friend WoW, and he was killing the ghost in the UC. He used CoD and one summoned, so i shoved him out of the way, enslaved it (it took me like 10 secs and 3/4 of my health to find out where enslave demon was). I took a SS, and as soon as i did, it turned on me. The 2nd way to sumon a doom gaurd is the ritual of doom. You need 4 other people to do this, and then it becomes a game of russian roulete, because ONE OF YOU WILL DIE! I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Also u need to get this spell through a quest. Doomgaurds do CRAZY damage, they have quiet a bit of spells, and can even cast Reign of Fire. They hit for alot, so if you see one, banish his ass.

G. Felgaurd

Felgaurds are demo only, and they are awsome. Felgaurds can be best described as Jacks of All trades, because they take bits from all other pets. Felguards are much like VW, in the sense that they are ur own personal warrior. But VW are more like protection warriors, were felgaurds are furrry or arms, because of the mad dps. Felguards have the tanking abilities of a VW, the DPS of both a FG and a Succ, the +spell damage of a Succ, and the +spell resistance of a FH. Felgaurds have an arcanite reaper, and they hit, and hit hard. They have an ability called intercept, which is much like a warriors charge, and it stuns the target for a sec. They also have cleave which does extra damage (much like lash of pain), they have demonic frenzy which increases attack power, they also have anguish which pulls aggro. Another cool thing is avoidance, which increases ur pets chance to avoid AoE attacks, great against stupid mages that just Arcane Explode in BGs. Felgaurds are the best IMO in BGs because they are good against virtually everything. Warriors literally seen my felgaurd, and ran away from me, and im talking full t2 warriors.

3. Spells

Ur pets cant do all the work! So well review how to hold up your end.

A. DoTs (Damage over Time)

Warlocks have 3 different DoTs so far (save for ones revieved from talents). The 3 are Curse of Agony, Corruption, and immolation. Curse of agony and curruption are shadow based, and immolation does innitial fire damage, along with some extra damage done over time. If you didnt get it, put 5 talent points in affliction to get instant cast curroption. The reason is you can cast 2 dots, instant cast, and thats rougly 2.5k damage over time, so if u see someone flying by on a mount, cast those 2 things, and if they already have some health taken down, watch them die as they ride away. With all 3 dots alone, you do about 3.2k damage, depending on ur armor and talents. Very effective, and very fast.

B. Damage Dealing

When i mean damage dealing, i mean your dps. There is 3 main ones for warlock. One being shadowbolts, your most basic, and also the first spell you have as a warlock. This deals a handful of shadow damage, and with the right stuff, can hit hard. I have no spec in crit or hit, and i have 10% crit, and crit for 1.6k sb. Now i know that isnt super good, but when u have pets that have amazing dps, and u get those crits, its very nice. The second is searing pain. Searing pain is half the cast time, roughly half the damage, but much more threat. This is great in pvp where threat has no matter, but cast time does. This can hit for a handful damage, but it isnt meant for crit at all. Now onto the 3rd, Soulfire. Soulfire requires a soul shard, and hits for alot. It has a 6 sec cast, 1 min cool down, but with a trinket, high crit chance, right build, will hit for rougly 2.5k-4k firedamage. This is great spell, if you know how to use it

C. Draines

There are several drain abilities that a warlock has. One is drain health. This is fairly basic, as it drains the targets health, and gives it to you. This is always good if ur target has a handful of health, and you dont. There is also drain mana, which requires manam but gives you more back over time, and steals ur targets. There is also drain soul, which is used for getting soul shards. There is also health funnel, which drains your health, giving it to ur pet. Something to not is all these abilities are channeled, and they all can be shortened or even stopped while being attacked. So the good idea is to only use this when ur target is not attacking you.

D. Fears

Warlock are HATED for their fears, nothing is more annoying than fighting, and then all the sudden flying around the BG, not sure what ur doing, till you see a warlock feared you. Warlocks have 3 primary fears. The first is, Fear obcviously. Ur target can be feared to up to 25 secs, which is awsome. Lets say ur sitting there, and all the sudden, theres a paladin and a warrior. Well since paladins are retarded, you fear the warrior, so u can destroy the paladin, then when the warrior breaks ur fear, the paladin is dead, then kill the warrior. Fear is very useful, well talk more about it in Crowd Control. Then there is Howl of Terror, a great ability, as its an AoE 20 sec fear. If ur affliction, you even can have instant cast howl of terror. Nothing is better when 3 alliance at once are caping a flag, then u just fear bomb (another term for AoE fear) the flag, and there all running in different directions. Now the final, and greatest fear ability, deathcoil. Deathcoil, also known as skillcoil, is an instant cast, fears the target for 3 secs, undiminishable (meaning they cant cancel it at all), does around 600 health, and gives that health to you, and only has a 2 min cooldown. This is great for when that mage is casting that POM pyroblast, nothing annoys him more than that instant fear. Deathcoil is also a great opening thing. When im fighting, this is actually my normal battle method: Deathcoil, CoA, Currpotion, fear, Immolate, shadowbolt, (they break fear around here) searing pain, (they deffinatly have now), fear again, and searing pain till they die (pet was attacking the whole time). This way, they can hardly do anything, because they are feared the whole time, and receiving constant damage.

E. Stones

Stones are often over looked. Ill admit it, it wasnt until 2.0 that i started using them. There is 4 major stones that ull use, and they all require sou. The first is soulstone, which alows the person who has the buff from it to rez after they die, great if you wipe in a instance, then ur healer rezs and rezes u all. The next is healthstone. I dont use the health stone much, but it can be very use full for warriors or such. Healthstones work just like health potions, in that they give you health. There is also spellstones, which can now be held in the wand slot. Spell stones can absorb about 600 spelldamage (3 min cooldown) and give about +1% crit. There is also firestones, which can too be held in the wand slot. Firestones do +21 to fire damage, and do +80-120 fire damage melee, which isnt benificial for warlocks, but still funny sometimes. NOTE Only healthstones can be given to other players, soul stones are used on other players (via targeting), other are just for you

F. Other Spells

There are some other useful spells warlocks have, like Lifetap, which converts health into mana. This is great if u run out of mana, have health, and need to cast spells NOW. Another is banish. Banish makes any demon or elemental unable to move, attack, or recieve damage, this is a great thing to use against mage elementals, or warlock pets. There are obviously tons more, but i cant cover them all.

4. PvE role

Warlocks can play several roles. They can play the dps, the crowd control, big hitter, AoE, or in rare cases, their pets can tank. Believe it or not Ive actually offtanked with my VW very often. And on 3 ocassions, ive had to main tank, but that was only because we had very good dps, and good healing. So lets discuss the primary roles of a warlock

A. Crowd Control

Warlocks are MADE for Crowd Control. CCing is used so that every mob doesnt have to be fought at once. A obvious way is fear. A mob might be coming in with a friend, so you fear the extra mob, so the dps can be focused on the other. IMPORTANT: When fearing a mob, sometimes that mob will pull more mobs, trust me, ive done it alot. Itll normally happen that i absolutly need health now, so i deathcoil, but the mob moves much faster then i anticipated, and bam, 3 more mobs inc now. Another way is a Succ's seduce. Seduce will stop a target in their tracks, not allowing them to do anything, much like a sheep. The final way is banish. Lets say ur mob ur fighting has a pet, maybe an elemental or a demon. Well you can banish that demon, not allowing them to do anything, while you take care of its master, then once its all clear, u kill the banished target.

B. DPS

Warlocks are great at dps. This part is gonna be short, because it doesnt take much. As a warlock, make sure to DoT all the pulled mobs (unless they are somehow CCed), so that u just put 3.2k on all of them. Then start SBing which ever one you want, till its dead, then continue with the others. Make sure your DoTs stay up, if one goes down, recast, because its a big favor for the main tank to go from one target, then go to one with half health already.

C. AoE

Little do many people know but warlocks are actually fairly Decent at AoE. There is 3 AoEs, but im only going to cover 2, because one is talent based. The first is reign of fire, which, as the name says, rains fire from the sky on the area, and is very helpful. This does a handful of fire damage in any selected area within 30 yards. The other is Hellfire, which does A LOT of damage, all directly around the caster, and does that damage to the caster too. NOTE: This is one of the very few abilities that WILL KILL YOU. This is a suicide ability, unless you have good heals, or high health.

Now if u have mastered all of this, you are well on your way to becoming a master warlock
Old 01/09/2007, 11:18   #2

elite*gold: 0
german pls pls pls pls
Old 01/10/2007, 15:44   #3

wow sehr nice wie ich finde. hab mir sogar alles durchgelesen, was ich am anfang garned vor hatte^^

karma+

mfg
Morgob
Old 01/10/2007, 20:21   #4

Als 2.0 kam, haben viele WL's auf demo umgespecct. Aber viele von ihnen sind schlecht(sucken ;D). Dieser Guide wird euch helfen, besser zu verstehen, wie man die pets und die WL fähigkeiten besser einsetzt (mit diesen pets?!?! verstehs net so ganz). Der Guide ist eher für Demo WL's, kann aber von allen gelesen werden.

1. Talentverteilung

2. Pets (Tiere)
A Wichtel
B Leerwandler
C Sukkubus
D Teufelsjäger (Felhunter)
E Infernal
F Verdammniswache (Doomguard)
G Teufelswache (Felguard)
3. Fähigkeiten
A DoT's (sollte jeder wissen denke ich)
B Damage Dealing
C "Sauger" (Draines)
D Fears

4. Rolle im PvE
A Crowd Controle (sry ;( )
B DPS
C Flächenzauber

1. Talentverteilung

Die Talentverteilung ist es, die deinen Hexer auszeichnet. Was wirklich ausmacht, welche Rolle dein Hexer im PvP oder PvE spielt, ist wie du die Talente verteilt hast. Es ist dir überlassen, ob du ein starker PvP Hexer sein willst, viel DPS im PvE machen willst, eher auf DoT's spezialisiert bist oder starke Dämonen vorziehst, die die andere regelrecht vergewaltigen. Mein Rat ist Dämonologie. Dämonologie macht deine Pets zu virtuellen Göttern, bis zu dem Punkt, dass sie Klassen auf deinem Level fast alleine schaffen. Außerdem gibt dir Dämonologie boosts, zum Beispiel "Dämonisches Wissen", welches dir 15% Ausdauer + Intellekt deines Demons als Zauberschaden wiedergibt, oder "Meister der Dämonologie", welches dir je nach beschwörtem Dämon verschiedene Buffs gibt, oder mein Favorit, "Seelenverbindung", welches 30% Schaden, den du nimmst, auf deinen Dämon überträgt. Außerdem bekommst du 6 Sekunden Beschwörungen (Statt 10), und du hast eine Fähigkeit die die Beschwörungszeit auf 0.5 Sekunden heruntersetzt (15 mins Abklingzeit). Sehr sehr nützlich wenn zum Beispiel dein Pet im kampf stirbt, und du schnell ein neues brauchst.

Egal wie du deine Talente verteilst, stell sicher, dass sie zu dir passt, und skill nicht so, nur weil es andere sagen.

2. Pets (Tiere)
Pets sind eigentlich dass, was den hexer zum Hexer macht (Rest verstehe ich nicht sry). Pets sind unglaublich stark, werden aber oft übersehen. Oft wird jemand das Hexerpet sehen und es einfach ignorieren und etwas anderes angreifen, so wie die Schurken die "ihren kleinen Freund angreifen?!". Manche bemerken dann, dass die Teufelswache sie für 150-200 Schaden hittet, fast alle 2 Sekunden, während es neben stuns noch andere dinge auf sie bentutz. Mit guter Kenntnis über dein pet bist du auf dem Weg, ein großer hexer zu werden.

A Wichtel
Der Wichtel ist das standart Hexerpet. Es ist klein, verwundbar, aber sehr nützlich. Ein Wichtel ist großartig in einer PvE Gruppe, da es Blutpakt gibt, welches über 500-700 Leben, abhängig von Rüstung und anderen Sachen, geben kann. (So stehts in dem Guide, meiner Meinung nach gibt Blutpakt +42 Ausdauer, und das lässt sich doch nicht von der Rüstung beeinflussen, oder?:X). Außerdem gibt dir der Wichtel ein Feuerschild, welches Angreifern Schaden zufügt. Nicht viel, aber Schaden ist Schaden. Außerdem haben Wichtel Phasen verschieben (Phase shift), sodass es keinen Schaden bekommt, wenn es auf Passiv gestellt ist. Wenn man einen Krieger mit extra HP versorgen will, braucht man also keine Angst haben, dass der Wichtel stirbt. Der Standartangriff eines Wichtels ist der Feuerball, welcher, durch Talente verbessert, sehr schnell gecastet wird und außerdem recht guten Schaden austeilt. Aber dies ist auf Mana basiert, und Mana "wird leer" mit der Zeit. Eine weitere gute Sache ist, wenn man Meister der Dämonologie geskillt hat, erzeugt man 10% weniger Bedrohung, was gut für Leute ist, die wie verrückt DPSen.

B. Leerwandler
Leerwandler sind die dicken blauen Dinger. Sie sind die persönlichen tanks für Hexer, und das beste zum Leveln. Leerwandler haben sehr, sehr hohe Rüstung und viel Leben, außerdem können sie "taunten"(aggro halten dank dieses spells). Leerwandler sind sehr nützlich für langes PvE, weil sie viel Schaden einstecken können, und die Aggro halten. Wenn ich Teufelssaurier farmen gehe, benutze ich den Leerwandler immer, weil diese "SoBs?!(wtf??)" sehr hart hitten. Außerdem kann der Hexer den Leerwandler opfern, welches ihm ein Schild gibt, dass ungefähr 2k Schaden absorbiert (kommt auf die Talentverteilung an). Der "Meister der Dämonologie" Buff für den Leerwandler ist, dass man selbst und der Leerwandler 10% weniger Schaden bekommt.

C. Sukkubus
Die leckere Sukkubus (;D). Dies ist das kleine sexy Dämon mit Lederbikini, Peitsche und Flügeln. Die Sukkubus kann verschieden genutzt werden, wird aber am meisten zum austeilen von viel Schaden gebraucht. Ein Sukkubus kann sich unsichtbar machen, eine nützliche Fähigkeit, um nicht erwartete Gegner abzuwehren. Sukkus haben "Lash of pain", was eine Hand voll Schaden macht und "Soothing kiss", was wie ein Anti - taunt wirkt (aggroverlust). Sukkus werden oft für "Crowd Control" benutzt, da sie über die Fähigkeit "Seduce" (verführen?!) verfügen, welche das Ziel verführt und damit untauglich macht, da es sich weder bewegen noch irgendwas anderes machen kann bis der Zauber vorbei ist. Das ist total geil wenn ein Paladin dich angreift, du den Pala verführst und ihm Mana abziehst, dann wars das für ihn mit der Angstblase. Der MD (Meister der Dämonologie) Buff gibt dir 10% mehr Schaden, was cool is wenn man viel Damage machen will, zum Beispiel wenn man gegen Vael kämpft.

D Teufelsjäger (Felhunter)
Ah, ein Pet das häufig übersehen wird. Jetzt ist es eines der häufigst benutzten Hexerpets. Ich selbst hab das pet bis 2.0 benutzt (Ich bentze nun den Felguard), weil er einfach großartig ist. Mein Teufelsjäger konnte recht viele Mages fast alleine schaffen, meist hab ich nur 2 DoTs raufgekloppt. Teufelsjäger haben die großartige Fähigkeit, Zauber zu blocken, das beudeutet, dein Ziel ist von Stille betroffen. Außerdem wird die Schule von Magie, die das Ziel benutzt hat, während der Teufelsjäger Zauber blocken angewendet hat, mit einer extra Abklingzeit belegt. Dies kann sehr Hilfreich sein, besonders gegen Holy preists (musste sein ;D) die heilen. Keine Heals mehr für die ganze Gruppe! Teufelsjäger haben außerdem Paranoia, welches die chance steigert, Unsichtbare zu entdecken. Diese Fähigkeit wird oft übersehen, ist aber amazing. Ich kann Schurken viel früher sehen, als sie an mich rankommen. Teufelsjäger haben außerdem die "Tainted blood" Fähigkeit, die Attackpower deiner Gegner verringert wenn der TJ attackt. Stackt 5 mal. Der TJ kann außerdem "Devour Magic", welches positive Buffs von deinem Ziel entfernt, oder negative von dir. Die Meister der Dämonologie Fähigkeit des Teufelsjägers ist, alle Resistenzen um den Wert deines Levels zu erhöhen. Das ist total genial, da +60 resi auf alles schon merkbar damage reduziert.

E. Infernal
Ahh ja, das Infernal. Das Infernal ist ein gutes, intressantes pet. Spaßig, aber nicht wirklich benutzbar. Infernals können sehr stark sein, sie haben SEHR hohen DPS, eine "Immolate" Fähigkeit, die alle in einer bestimmten Reichweite betrifft, und n paar andere intressante Dinge. Die Beschwörung is auch sehr cool. Man sendet einen Meteor aufn Boden, der 200 Damage und Flächenstun verursacht. Außerdem sieht das Teil fast so aus wie im Intro. Aber diese power hat ihren Preist. Infernals werden nicht wirklich beschwört, sondern eher "called upon (von oben gerufen?:X). Sie bleiben nicht immer dein pet, sie sind versklavt, und brechen öfter aus. Man kann es dann wieder versklaven, allerdings is das im Kampf nicht sehr hilfreich, wenn das Infernal einfach ausbricht, und man es wieder beschwören muss. Außerdem braucht man einen "Infernal Stone", den man sich beim Reagenzienverkäufer besorgen kann. Die Abklingzeit für den Beschwörungszauber ist 1 Stunde. Dieser Dämon gibt keinen "Meister der Dämonologie" buff.

F. Doomguard (Verdammniswache?!)
OOOOOOO! Jetzt wenden wir uns etwas coolem zu. Einige wenige mussten unter dem Zorn eines Doomguards leiden, und noch wenigeren war es je möglich, einen zu kontrollieren. Doomguards können nur auf 2 Arten beschwört werden : 1. Man benutzt seinen Curse of Doom (Fluch der Verdammnis?!(CoD)), welcher eine sehr sehr geringe chance hat, einen Doomguard zu beschwören. Mir ist das nur 1 Mal passiert, als ich in der Brennenden Steppe CoD auf einen low level mob gecastet hab. Ein Doomguard wurde beschwört, der mich anschließend getötet hat. ( Jetzt folgt noch ein Beispiel, aber mir vergeht langsam die lust, also lass ichs aus :/ ). Die 2. Möglichkeit einen Doomguard zu beschwören ist das Ritual der Verdammnis. Du brauchst 4 andere Leute, um dies zu machen, und dann wird es wie Russisches Roulette, denn einer von euch wird dabei sterben!Diese Fähigkeit bekommt man übrigens durch eine Quest. Doomguards machen SEHR VIEL Schaden, haben ein paar Fähigkeiten, und können außerdem noch Reign of Fire casten. Sie machen wirklich viel Schaden, also, wenn du einen siehst, verbanne seinen arsch. ;D

G Felguard
Felguards sind ausschließlich für Dämonologie gespeccte hexer verfügbar, da es das 41er Talent im Dämo Baum ist. Felguards kann man am besten als "Jacks of all trades" (Meister aller klassen, denke ich mal) bezeichnen, da sie ein wenig von jedem Pet haben. Felguards sind ähnlich wie Leerwandler, euer persönlicher warri. Leerwandler sind aber mehr die def warris, während der Felguard eher in richtung Fury oder Arms geht, wegen dem hohen DPS. Felguards haben die Tankfähigkeit der Leerwandler, den DPS von dem Sukku und dem Teufelsjäger, den zauberschaden des Sukkus und die Resistenzen eines Teufelsjägers. Felguards haben den Arcanite Reaper, und damit hitten sie, und sie hitten hart. Sie haben eine Fähigkeit namens Abfangen, welche das Ziel für 2sec stunnt. Außerdem haben sie Cleave, dass dem ziel extra Schaden zufügt und mehrere Ziele betrifft. Sie haben Demonic Frenzy, welches ihre Attackpower erhöht, und Anguish, was die Aggro hält. Auch cool ist Avoidance, welches die Chance erhöht, AoE Schaden zu wiederstehen. Felguards sind IMO die besten in BG's, da sie eigentlich gegen alles gut klarkommen. Krieger sehen meinen Felguard, und sie fangen an zu rennen. Und ich rede von Full t2 Kriegern.

3. Fähigkeiten

Deine Pets können nicht alles machen!

A. DoTs
Hexer haben 3 Standartmäßige DoTs (Abgesehen von Talenten). Diese 3 sind Fluch der Pein (Curse of Agony), Verderbnis (Corruption) und Feuerbrand (Immolate). Fluch der Pein und Verderbnis sind Schattenzauber, während Feuerbrand Feuerschaden + Feuerschaden über Zeit verursacht. Wenn du es noch nicht hast, solltest du 5 Punkte in Verbesserte Verderbnis setzen, da du dann 2 Instant DoTs hast, die zusammen schon fast 2,5k Schaden über Zeit verursachen. Mit allen 3 DoTs auf deinem Ziel sollte es fast 3,2k HP abziehen, abhängig von deinen Talenten. Sehr effektiv, und sehr schnell.

B. Schaden austeilen (Damage Dealing)
Wenn ich von Damage Dealing rede, rede ich von deinem DPS. Es giot 3 Arten beim Die erste ist der Shadowbolt. Der erste Zauber, den man als Hexer hat. Er verursach t eine Handvoll Schattenschaden, und mit dem richtigen Zeugs, kann er sehr hart hitten. Ich hab weder auf hit noch auf crit gespecct, ich hab 10% crit, und meine Shadowbolts critten für 1,6k. Ich weiss dass das nichts besonderes oder so ist, aber wenn man Pets mit hohem DPS hat, und du machst solche crits, ist es schon nice. Der zweite ist Searing Pain. Searing Pain hat nur die hälfte der Castzeit eines Shadowbolts, macht in etwa halben Schaden, verursacht aber viel mehr Bedrohung. Im PvP hat dass natürlich keine Auswirkungen, aber der Schaden schon. Auch wenn Searing pain ungefähr die hälfte an Schaden macht, crittet es nicht wirklich hoch. Nun zum Dritten. Soulfire. Soulfire benötigt einen Seelensplitter, und macht sehr viel Schaden. Es hat 6 Sekunden Castingzeit, und 1 Minute CoolDown, aber mit einem trinket, hoher critchance, dem richtigen Build, kann es schon dazu kommen, dass Soulfire für 2,5k - 4k hittet. SF ist ein großartiger Zauber, wenn man weiss, wie man ihn einsetzt.

C. "Sauger" (Draines)
Der Hexer besitzt ein paar Drainmöglichkeiten. Einer davon ist Lebensentzug. Der Spell zieht deinem Ziel leben ab und gibt sie dir wieder. Das ist immer gut, wenn dein Ziel noch relativ viel leben hat, du aber nicht. Desweiteren gibt es Manaentzug, welcher zwar Mana benötigt, dir aber im laufe der Zeit mehr zurückgibt. Ein anderer "Drain - Spell" ist Seelenentzug, welcher benötigt wird, um Seelensplitter zu sammeln. Health Funnel, ein weiterer Spell, zieht dir selbst Leben ab und tranferiert sie zu deinem Pet. Wichtig bei Draines ist, dass sie allesamt Kanalisiert sind. Sie können alle verkürtzt oder sogar unterbrochen werden, wenn man gehittet wird. Also sollte man sie nur benutzen, wenn das Ziel einen nicht angreift.

D. Furcht - Effekte (Fears)
Hexer werden GEHASST für ihre fears. Nichts pisst mehr an, als plötzlich planlos durch die gegend zu rennen, bis man merkt, dass ein Hexer dich gefeart hat. Hexer haben 3 Fears. Der erste ist Fear. Dein Ziel kann bis zu 25 Sekunden gefeared werden. Absolut Genial. (Das Beispiel, was folgt, werd ich nicht übersetzen.) Fear ist seeehr nützlich, wir werden später noch in "Crowd Control" darüber reden. Der zweite Fear ist Howl of Terror. Eine großartige Fähigkeit, denn es ist ein 20 Sekunden andauernder Flächen - Fear. Wenn du Gebrechen speccst, kannst du den sogar instant haben. Nichts kommt besser als AoE Fear, wenn man grad am Flagge tappen ist. Jetzt zum letzten, und genialsten Fear des Hexers. Deathcoil. Deathcoil ist instant, feart den Gegner für 3 Sekunden (nicht dispellbar), macht so um die 600 Schaden und gibt dir den Schaden als Leben wieder. Außerdem hat es nur einen 2 Minütigen Cooldown. Nichts stört diese "3min - Mages" mehr, als wenn man ihnen ne Deathcoil gibt, wenn sie ihren POM Pyro casten wollen. Deathcoil ist außerdem gut zum beginnen von kämpfen. Wenn ich kämpfe, ist das mein normaler Kampfablauf : Deathcoil, CoA, Corruption, Fear, Immolate, Shadowbolt (nun sollten sie ausm Fear raus sein) Searing pain (Definitiv jetzt sind sie ausm Fear), nochmal Fear, und dann Searing pain bis sie sterben. Diese Methode macht es ihnen sehr schwer, irgendwas zu machen.

(Skillnamen Deutsch : Deathcoil = Todesmantel;CoA = Fluch der Pain; Corruption = Verderbnis, Immolate = Feuerbrand, Searing Pain = Sengender Schmerz?!)

E. Steine
Steine werden oft übersehen. Ich muss selbst zugeben, dass ich sie erst ab 2.0 benutze. Es gibt 4 Steine, die du benutzen wirst. (that u'll use, is zwar irgendwie sinnlos, steht da aber so :X), und sie benötigen alle einen Seelensplitter, um sie herzustellen.

- Lebensstein
Funktionieren wie Tränke, geben dir instant eine bestimmte Anzahl HP. Können
weitergegeben werden.

- Seelenstein
Seelensteine werden gerne an priester vergeben. Der, der mit dem Seelenstein
Buff belegt ist, kann sich, nachdem er stirbt, an Ort und Stelle wiederbeleben.
Seelensteine vergibt man, indem man den, der den Seelenstein Buff wünscht, ins
Target nimmt, und den Seelenstein benutzt.

- Zauberstein
Zaubersteine werden in der Offhand gehalten (Aus dem Text geht hervor, dass es
nun auch im Zauberstab slot möglich ist, dass muss ich nacher mal probieren, wäre
mir aber neu). Zaubersteine absorbieren ca. 600 Schaden (3min Cooldown) und
geben etwa 1% Crit.

- Feuerstein
Der Feuerstein wird ebenso wie der Zauberstein in der Offhand gehalten.
Feuersteine erhöhen den Feuerzauberschaden um 21, und fügen dem
Nahkampfangriff 80-120 Feuerschaden zu, was aber recht sinnlos ist

Nur Lebenssteine können anderen Spielern via Trade gegeben werden, die anderen können die Hexer nicht weitergeben. (Außer Seelenstein, s.o.)

Sorry Leute, ich mach hier jetzt mal schluss ich kann nicht mehr :/ hard work.
Ich denke mal, morgen mach ich weiter.hf

Hoaxxx

PS ich entschuldige mich schonmal im Vorraus für irgendwelche merkwürdigen Dinge, ich hab ziemlich lange an dem Text gearbeitet und da kann es schon mal passieren, dass man was verdreht oder so =)