Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 03:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

60000 XP An Hour For Mages Lvl 52+

Discussion on 60000 XP An Hour For Mages Lvl 52+ within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
This was originally posted in the World of Warcraft forums in the mage section.

In the very beginning of the first Dire Maul instance are a group of 7 non-elite mobs bunched together, all lvl 54. Killing them at level 53, they each give me 488xp (rested). They have less health than normal everyday lvl 54 mobs, but they still give the same xp. If you do this right, and can find people to invite you to groups to reset the instance, you can do it every 3 minutes, meaning 20 times an hour.
At level 53, 20 times x 7 mobs x 488xp each = 68,320 xp an hour.

*NOTE*
It really really helps to have improved arcane explosion, presence of mind, arcane power, and the increased range of fire spells.
I am not nor ever was a frost mage, so I don't know what to do to kill them with frost talents. Maybe someone else can help on that.

There are 4 things to keep in mind here.
1) Have rest stored up.
2) Getting into Dire Maul without being killed.
3) Killing these things before they kill you.
4) Having people reset the instance.

Number 1 is self-explanatory.

Number 2

For those who don't know, Dire Maul is in Feralas. To get into the instance, go up the ramp into the fortress like building. There will be low 50's elites. You can dodge and weave through them inside the first hallway that takes a right then a left turn. While in there, groups of dogs will walk down the center, so watch out for them too. When you get to the fork in the hallway, take a right. This is where you get to a part where it is impossible to dodge a couple ogres. Look for ways around until you come to one right in the middle where there is no room to go around. Polymorph him and run like the wind. I try to blink when I get near one so I get extra distance from them chasing me. Once you get to the end of that hallway the instance will be to the left in a smaller hallway.

I do realize if you are in a pvp server there is the chance to get killed by the opposite faction on the way in. Nothing you can do about it as a mage, especially if you are 52 and they are a group of 60's, but they generally won't hang around long since they want to do their own instance.

Number 3

Now that you are in the instance, you will be at the end of that small hallway that opens up to a big room with treant looking things everywhere. Luckily for you, this group of mobs are right in the beginning. They are whip lashers. You just have to be careful not to aggro anything but these 7. There are a couple groups of elite wanderers, but they won't get in the way of you and the mobs if you wait for them to walk away.

To kill them, what I do is set myself just out of the hallway to be able to flamestrike the back of them. You want to hit as many as possible with it, but on the back end, so that they all come at you at once. You will need to frost nova them all together to gain time, because you will lose health quick.

So, my order is set myself up, turn on arcane power, flamestrike, turn on presence of mind and flamestrike again. Now they will be on me. Frost nova, step just away and spam arcane explosion until they are dead. If you dont think you can finish them off, blink towards the door and run through the entrance.

Number 4

To reset the instance, find someone to invite you to a group. Once they invite, step outside the instance, accept the invite, and walk back in. Tah-dah, repeat number 3. If you can't find any guildies to invite you, use " /who ironforge" or whatever the horde city is. It will give you a list of people there that you can politely ask for invites real quick.

One last note, at level 54, you get the next arcane explosion. This makes it so much easier. If you can find people fast, you won't have to wait for arcane power and presence of mind to reload.

When I don't have them ready, I mana shield. Stand just far enough away to flamestrike the middle of the group. As soon as the first one goes off, have that second one ready to go right at your feet. You need to be fast, if they interrupt it, just frost nova and get out and try again (or wait for your arcane power and PoM to reload) If you do get it off, frost nova, and spam arcane explosion. You may need to use your mana citrine to get the last 1 or 2 explosions off.

Good luck to those who try it. This is the time in the presentation where I answer questions, so fire away.

*Edit* Adiition: This is not the best place to get gold if that is what you are looking for. A little more than half of the lashers won't drop anything. You can get 0 items worth anything, or you can get a group that will total 50 silver.

Most common drops: (Values are of 1 of the item to vendors)
Raw Black Truffle - food that heals 1392 health over 30 seconds. worth 1 silver
Heart of the Wild - Used for some tailoring items and an engineering item. worth 4 silver
Lasher Root - useless. worth 17 silver 28 copper
Thorny Vine - useless. - worth 30 silver 70 copper
Serrated Petal - useless. worth 61 silver 42 copper

Random herbs drop. I have gotten silverleaf, peacebloom, earthroot, dreamfoil, goldthorn, gromsblood, ghost mushroom, and sungrass as well as swiftthistle and stranglekelp. They usually drop 1 at a time. I have also picked up 3 living essences from all of my runs (and I did enough runs to get through all of lvl 54 in less than 3 hours)

I have had 5 green items drop (besides the essences), 2 were good enough for me to replace what I was wearing.