Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

So many problems

Discussion on So many problems within the World of Warcraft forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Im such a noob at this, I just downloaded WOW and Im having problems getting the latest patch AND pulling up any servers on this server shower thing. I downloaded this thing that is suppose to show all the servers but it dont pull any up. I need the most recent US patch for WOW and maybe a little help understanding how I can get out of noob status LOL! I thank any of you now for your future help.

(I want to apologize because I DO realize this has been asked a million times probably so please dont cuss me out LOL!)
Old 05/05/2006, 22:21   #2

erm , please go more in detail...can't follow you
Old 05/06/2006, 00:54   #3

OK, well I added the patch and it is currently 1.4.0

I went to a website and saw that a lot of those private servers are like 1.9.0 and higher in order to play the game on thier server.

I have two different utilities that help to supposedly pull up a list of servers so I can make an account and play but both of them do not pull up any findings about any server.

I have one utility called WoW Front End and another called World of WarCraft Control panel. Using the control panel one I get the following error before the program starts up:

The server name or address could not be resolved

So then I press OK and it opens up the program. I was given instructions on how to configure it to open a list of servers. Here is the full list of instructions that I got from this download:

Table of Contents (release by Keamos)
1) Installation
2) Patching
3) Connecting to a private server

Installation
Mount the discs via Daemon-tools () or burn them via Nero or other burning software. Insert/mount disc 1 and install, mounting/inserting discs 2-4 when asked to.

Patching
Run World of Warcraft 1.4.0 enUS Patch.exe.

Connecting to a private server
1. Run World of Warcraft Control Panel.exe.
2. Click "Options".
3. Select "Version Panel".
3. Click "Search", browse to where you installed World of Warcraft and select WoW.exe
4. In the drop-down box, select 1.4.0.
5. Click "Add information".
6. Click "Close Version Panel".
7. Select "Public List".
8. In the drop-down box that says "All Versions", select "1.4.0".
9. Find a server you'd like to connect to (I reccommend "Funtime Phsyiciatric Ward", where I play), and single left-click it.
10. Click the button "Create an Account" in the bottom left.
11. Fill out a username/password (You must use Internet Explorer for this).
12. Back in the server browser, click "Play".

If you cannot figure this out, you are a fucking moron. No, I will not help you beyond this, do not attempt to contact me, because if you do, you will recieve a very vulgar, pissed off response explaining how you are a complete fucking moron for not being able to follow step-by-step instructions. Otherwise, have fun with the game!

I followed the directions to the exact detail and still I cant find a server that the program was suppose to pull up...or is it suppose to pull up the server list or was I suppose to find that for myself?

This is just so confusing and I really hate being such a nooblet!
Old 05/06/2006, 10:59   #4

Hmm...very difficult...i think you have to put in the ServerIP in the file " realmlist" ... you write in it : set realmlist "ServerIP"
without " ...

More information
Old 05/06/2006, 17:28   #5

Where can I download the 1.10.0 patch from?????
Old 05/06/2006, 17:44   #6

i guess here?

wow en-us 1.10.0