Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > Web Development
You last visited: Today at 03:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

PHP: similar images

Discussion on PHP: similar images within the Web Development forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arrow PHP: similar images

I'm pretty sure that most of you already used iqdb.org or tineye.com. What I'm currently trying to do is to write a script that will take two images (resized to the same size), do some stuff and return the similarity percentage. Right now I have 2 versions, but neither of them works good enough, I still get totally unrelated images with 85%+.

Found this one on the internet, but mixes up images.

Modified the above version to compare colours separately (R, G, B). Sometimes it's better than the one above, sometimes it totally messed up.

Does anyone have any idea HOW I could compare images to get better results? Been googling for the past one or two hours, but didn't find anything that could be useful.

Edit: the colours are being detected correctly, it's just the "shape/object" on the image that doesn't get "recognized". Two images can have the same colour average, but one could be a picture of a cat, the other of a dog. The above script only check if the average colour matches.
Old 11/22/2010, 13:35   #2

try
Old 11/22/2010, 18:43   #3

That's basically the same thing the first script. Except that the result is actually an image, which isn't that useful at all. Anyway, I'm working on something new now, I might eventually get it working.