Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > WarRock
You last visited: Today at 20:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Warrock - the past, the present and the future

Discussion on Warrock - the past, the present and the future within the WarRock forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 900
Received Thanks: 11,388
Warrock - the past, the present and the future

Hey guys,

english topic, you know, all answers in englisch please ^_^

I want to tell you about the situations of warrock. What happend in the past, what happens now and what will happen in the future.

Basically War Rock has been released in the summer of 2006 (Open Beta). There wasn't many Servers and only a few players. From time to time more players got to this game and due to the advertising from K2 with the Retails Packs it got fuller and fuller.
The most weapons were free to play, even the PSG. You could buy Cash weapons in the K2 store. I remember the first weapon i bought, with cash was the P90 and the Winchester Shotgun. I was lvl 12 I guess. I played from 2006 till end of 2008 with my classmates. 2009 they stopped playing warrock, to play Combat Arms, wich in this times was a great game too.

But back to 2007. In 2007 the old clansystem has been released. You can't compare this, to the new one from GamersFirst. It was simply awesome.

End of 2008 i guess K2 changed to GamersFirst. At the beginning it went very well, chapter 2 was released and the players was happy. Balanced Gameplay (G1 was expensive and this was good), no server laggs and not too much Premium / Cash "Pros".

GamersFirst started, to make some annoying Patches in 2010. They changed the Weapons, they added Maps ( I don't even like them today ) and the support went worse from day to day. You had to wait for an answer up to 1 Month.

In 2011 the first big Updated changed ALL weapons. The design, the stats, everything got (in my opinion worse). The faster shooting speed of the weapons caused that hits will push your crosshair much more away than before. Aiming became very difficult, if you got the first hit in a 1vs1 situation.

Chapter 3 got released. New maps, new textures and a few changes in the game Engine. Serverlaggs became worse, gameengine becaume worse. Playing warrock itself was unbelieveable .. you know
GamersFirst didn't care. They only had one goal: moar moneyyy.

With this Situation we get in 2012. GamersFirst sells too much weapons much too cheap. Every Kid derping around with atleast one Famas and MP7.

We didn't know why this weapons are that cheap, but we'll get this soon. In May GamersFirst announced that Warrock will be taken over by Nexon.

Nexon got the broken Warrock, and it seems like they want to fix it.

fix the laggs
fix the gameplay
fix the community

it will be hard for nexon to heal all the damage GamersFirst did to the game, and the players. But i'm looking forward to play in a few months a better warrock.

whats you opinion about that? Do you think Nexon wil be able to fix the Community? I hope so.

Greets
xxfabbelxx
Thanks
13 Users
Old 06/02/2012, 15:04   #2

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 5,307
Nexon does well with CA and im sure that they will do well with War Rock too.. All they need now is time and a chance
Old 06/02/2012, 15:05   #3

elite*gold: 0
I really enjoyed reading that!

I think Nexon will be able to fix some problems, but they will never fix the community... Not only the kids are annoying, flaming and hacking... the older ones also do that...
But I'm also looking forward to Nexon!
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/02/2012, 16:17   #4

elite*gold: 12
Gamersfirst was a really bad publisher. But they are not responsible for the many Hackers and that´s the biggest problem in my opinion.
Furthermore I hope Nexon will be able to fix the lags and so on but the Hackers will still stay. :-(
Old 06/02/2012, 18:33   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz'Khalifa View Post
Gamersfirst was a really bad publisher. But they are not responsible for the many Hackers and that´s the biggest problem in my opinion.
Furthermore I hope Nexon will be able to fix the lags and so on but the Hackers will still stay. :-(
G1 ruined the Community with this many G1 weapons. I think they are actively responible for the hackers. i see it like this:

ppl wich can afford G1 weapons will EVER own the beginners. They get mad from time to time and search something they get better. If they can't get better with the Tutorials and Training they try out cheats and this is how the circle of doom and darkness begins.

Other beginners see the cheaters and the good players with G1 weps and see no chance to get better. So they download cheats also.

If everyone would be able, to buy the cash weapons without real money, or if they even don't exist, they would have a real chance of getting better and would have more fun playing War Rock.

But this situation wasn't given at GamersFirst.

Play 4 free, pay for fun
Old 06/02/2012, 19:02   #6

elite*gold: 0
Epic text.
"Thanks" for this epic message.

:O
Old 06/03/2012, 19:27   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideStepx3 View Post
Epic text.