Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Tutorials
You last visited: Today at 16:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Create Your Own Fonts With Windows Bult-in Utility

Discussion on Create Your Own Fonts With Windows Bult-in Utility within the Tutorials forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: LOCKED
Received Thanks: 2,680
Create Your Own Fonts With Windows Bult-in Utility

Today, let me show you how to create your own characters or set of characters (Fonts) using built-in utility of windows.This utility is called Private Character Editor, it also works side by side with Character Mapping utility of windows (Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map)

Private Character Editor is located inside system32 folder in WINDOWS folder.

To run Private character editor, go to Start>Run and type the following:

%systemroot%\system32\eudcedit.exe or simply type “eudcedit.exe” without quotes.

You’ll be welcomed in Private character editor with Select Code window.

Choose any of the blank box and click OK.

You’ll be welcomed in Edit window with a grid measuring 50 X 50.

Each character that you draw becomes a black and white bitmap (*.bmp).

The drawing art board is simple enough to understand, but it needs some tricky art to draw a character in it. Use the left mouse button to draw in black and the right one to erase it.

You can choose several tools from Tools menu, also you can rotate it.

After you are satisfied with your own private character, you can save it with your own hexadecimal value.

- To save a private character with the hexadecimal code shown on the guidebar, on the Edit menu, click Save Character.
- To save a private character with a different hexadecimal code, on the Edit menu, click Save Character As.

To use your private characters in a program such as Notepad.

1. Open Character Map(Start>All programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map) .
2. In the Font list, click the font that is linked to the private characters you want to use.

This font name contains the words Private Characters in parentheses. For example, if you linked your private characters to the Times New Roman Font, click Times New Roman (Private Characters). If you have linked your private characters to all fonts, click All Fonts (Private Characters).

1. Click the private character you want to use, click Select, and then click Copy.
2. Open the program you want to use the private character in. For the purposes of illustration, you can open Notepad.
3. In Notepad, on the Format menu, click Font, and then select the font that is linked to the private character you want to use.

This font should be the same font you selected in step 2 of this procedure.

1. In Notepad, on the Edit menu, click Paste.

The private character is inserted into the Notepad document.

Hope this tool might come pretty handy for vector and graphics designers.

The tutorial is not mine! Copyrighted by Suraj Kayastha
Thanks
8 Users
Old 04/24/2010, 20:26   #2

elite*gold: 58
Received Thanks: 3,058
lol'd nice

mach mal gleich meine eigenen fonts xD
Old 04/24/2010, 20:30   #3

elite*gold: 28
Sehr gutes Tut, sowas habe ich schon immer gesucht
Old 04/27/2010, 20:18   #4