Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Suggestions & Feedback
You last visited: Today at 12:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Suggestion - Pin your comment/post

Discussion on Suggestion - Pin your comment/post within the Suggestions & Feedback forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Suggestion - Pin your comment/post

Hello,

So I thought it would be really practical to add a feature like this on Elitepvpers, where the Thread creator aka OP can pin users comments (between 1 ~ 3 max !)
like YouTube's new commentary system or maybe like Discord ? as you can pin some important updates/posts , questions asked by users so you don't have to answer them twice.
Maybe a Moderator note which easily can get lost if we're talking here about threads with over than 40 pages.
So back to the basics, you can pin a comment ''Pinned by and the OP name'' which you think is really good or something that has pertinent information to your service/project/hack whatsoever.. and you reply to it.

Please use the search function ! nope it's irrelevant... you will never know what to search for it and could take a while in that case.

That's it, so what you guys think ?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/02/2016, 17:49   #2

elite*gold: 1640
The Black Market: 141/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
Maybe a Moderator note which easily can get lost if we're talking here about threads with over than 40 pages.
Yea, it could be useful for some moderator posts, so you can see thread related stuff within a second (for example the posts to verify the legality of keys in the BM), but that should be a mod-only feature imho.

If the OP wants to answer frequently asked questions or stuff like that, he can just edit them to the startpost.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/02/2016, 18:32   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
If the OP wants to answer frequently asked questions or stuff like that, he can just edit them to the startpost.
Indeed, you can add it as an (update) but eventually you will increase your thread main post length. a bit annoying ?
I'll take as an example while you could easily pin it.
Old 12/02/2016, 18:54   #4

elite*gold: 138
Received Thanks: 1,769
Sounds helpful and I couldn't think of a way to abuse this feature. So, why not
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/02/2016, 19:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypulation View Post
Sounds helpful and I couldn't think of a way to abuse this feature. So, why not
You could pin only positive feedback or something like this for example.
I don't really see a scenario where the benefit of this addon could exceed the potentially risk of abuse that it creates by it being added if it's in control of standard users tbh (or maybe I'm just not creative enough to think of a really useful scenario).

3 independent posts will usually take more space than some extra lines of text in the startpost btw. @
Old 12/02/2016, 19:59   #6

The useful part is there's a limit of 1 ~ 3 pinned posts which is up to the administrators to decide, technically you can't abuse it for your own purpose since you will be wasting your slots Ares by pinning 2 positive feedback comments.
That's supposed to save you troubles answering the same questions/posts over and over.
The scenario is simple, less effort while browsing your thread
Old 12/02/2016, 20:37   #7

Quote:
technically you can't abuse it for your own purpose since you will be wasting your slots Ares by pinning 2 positive feedback comments.
I wouldn't call it a waste, if those comments can convince the thread reader to buy/use the product whilst they're overshadowing the critical comments. Not everyone will be in need to use these slots, so they can use them for stuff like this.
Old 12/03/2016, 00:22   #8

elite*gold: 400
Received Thanks: 19,503
in the last months (but only available for mods)
and so far, it's pretty useful especially for larger threads
but I don't think it would be really useful for the OP of a thread
Quote:
That's supposed to save you troubles answering the same questions/posts over and over.
The scenario is simple, less effort while browsing your thread
You could also just create a FAQ in your first posts
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/30/2017, 17:31   #9

I can see this being useful in some sections but not all of them but I support this idea let's hope we can see this in the future.
Old 06/16/2017, 03:39   #10

elite*gold: 175
I think it could be pretty useful.