Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 09:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Sro - R , closing down

Discussion on Sro - R , closing down within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Sro - R , closing down

Sro News: 04-09-2013 - Russian Version of Silkroad Online [No More Update] (11 reply)

Google Translation:
Withdrawal of support to [Russian Silkroad Server] by Joymax.
Dear players!

The world of Silkroad Online has undergone many changes since the introduction of the game. Many change to please us, but some worry.
Today, unfortunately, we have to tell you the bad news. Company Joymax, which develops the game Silkroad Online, suspend work on the project in terms of production and adaptation of new updates, and stops supporting previously released updates for the Russian version of the game.

On our side, every effort was made to continue the renovation work and the support of the Russian version of the game Silkroad Online. Together with Joymax approved a plan of work for a year and almost everything was ready to release the first update this year. But, unfortunately, came the decision Joymax and we could not convince them to change anything. Solution to our foreign partners to stop work on the project is final.

We quoted from the official letter Joymax:

"As you probably know, the smartphone market is growing very rapidly and the trend game industry in Korea focuses on mobile games. In this regard, and from that moment, the center of the development of SRO Joymax will be engaged in games for mobile devices, instead of continuing to produce content related to the SRO. "

We hope for understanding and thank you for your support.
Spoiler: Official Raw Message:

Ru-Sro (Official Russian Server) will never get any update.
Not sure if the cause of pserver leak was made by them, or it a financial/conceptual issue.
But it seem they are either in bad term or Joymax having some issues.
They intended to make a huge update and release it in 1 shot, and decided at the last minutes that there would be too many bugs, issue to deal with or that the update was more detrimental to the game then the old version.

This shouldn't affect iSro update.
Ru-Sro server won't be merged with isro servers because:
#1 - data not translated in Russian
#2 - the Russian company paid for a license of the game to host it and will be giving away their database and forfeiting all their income + user database accumulation.

Unless there a deal made between the 2 of them, seem like Ru-Sro official server just died yesterday.
Ru-Sro most likely will stay open, but will never have any content update.

Seem like there will never be a Silkroad-II if their focus is on mobile phone development.

c/p from rev6 .
Old 04/10/2013, 16:55   #2

elite*gold: 1000
1. It is not SRO-R it is rSRO.
2. It won't be closed. They won't get any updates from Joymax.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/10/2013, 19:02   #3

1. same ****
2. they will close it for 1-2 months
Old 04/11/2013, 19:11   #4

Holy ****, you scared the **** out of me amkooo..

no Sro-R and rSro is NOT the same...

rSro: Russian Silkroad Online (for russian players as you may can guess)
Sro-R: new Silkroad version , recharge system etc.

2 completly different servers.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/12/2013, 16:02   #5

oh srry my bad then, I tought its same cuz im not playing it xD
im on iSro.
Old 04/12/2013, 23:11   #6

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
#2 - the Russian company paid for a license of the game to host it and will be giving away their database and forfeiting all their income + user database accumulation

That should be no problem, because they just rent the files...also to CIMO etc. They doesn't them.
This is by the way one reason why cSRO, rSRO, tSRO also have a rate of x0 but lots of events. Only for Joymax it is allowed to change the Serverfiles.

I think rSRO will closed in the next month. thSRO (Black Rogue) already got closed at the beginning of 2013. See here:

Maybe they also didn't get updates anymore. Lets see how it will be with cSRO, jSRO, vSRO and so on. Maybe they will also closed because they did not get updates. If I would be one of this company I would stop hosting that game. If I would rent the files and if I am not allowed to change someting in the game...why should I host the game.

Maybe Joymax wants to get there players back to iSRO/SRO-R
Old 04/13/2013, 00:46   #7

elite*gold: 1000
Maybe their are preparing for WWIII. Joymax is a korean company.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/13/2013, 16:04   #8

Yeah they have nukes, they are nukers :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/14/2013, 00:02   #9

elite*gold: 130
Well, Joymax said they spend on mobile development. Maybe you can start nukes from your mobile in north korea.
Old 04/15/2013, 21:12   #10
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
rSRO wont get updates anymore
that doesnt mean the entire SRO will close
as for the other SRO versions, all remain open and no notification, so that means that is only for the rSRO