Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 17:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hardware for multiple clients?

Discussion on Hardware for multiple clients? within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hardware for multiple clients?

I was a bit curious about what kind of hardware i would need to be able to run about 4 sro-r clients without it really impacting my computer too much. Within the next month i was going to upgrade my system, currently with an ATI Radeon 5450 2gb video card + a crappy Pentium dual core processor 3.0ghz, im able to run 2 without a problem and the 3rd is a little laggy.
Old 03/05/2012, 00:11   #2

1 hidden client takes 1-3% cpu, ~500 mb ram and some video memory.
Old 03/05/2012, 01:25   #3

that's rather surprising, i was expecting much worse than that. I guess i need to give it another test, thank you.
Old 03/08/2012, 13:59   #4

My cousin opens simultaneously 7 clients on a private SRO server, still SRO, with a VGA video card, and a 2,4 GHz processor, and 1 GB Ram, without any problems. Fact is, when he configures one client he makes it clientless, but in the end with 7 clientless tasks and playing again simultaneously CS 1.6 with a ping of 22, I think you shouldn't have problems either.
Old 03/08/2012, 14:10   #5

if you set the graphic setting at 600x800 px, then a client needs like 80-110 mb RAM not more, and a bot needs like 20-30 MB ram.
i have my clients all on full HD cause i m too lazy to change it
i use for 10 full HD clients, 10 Sbots and 1 sbot AC like 1,5-2 GB ram not more and CPU and Graphic memory aren t that important, since SRO needs a very low amount of them
Old 03/16/2012, 04:14   #6

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapajo View Post
if you set the graphic setting at 600x800 px, then a client needs like 80-110 mb RAM not more, and a bot needs like 20-30 MB ram.
i have my clients all on full HD cause i m too lazy to change it
i use for 10 full HD clients, 10 Sbots and 1 sbot AC like 1,5-2 GB ram not more and CPU and Graphic memory aren t that important, since SRO needs a very low amount of them
hi sir why even client is hidden it still uses 900mb of ram when gong teleport here is my specs

Intel core2dou 2.4 OC to 2.8gzh
Windows xp sp3 32bit
3.5g RAM
ATi radeon x1300/x1550 512mb

i have no problem running 3 clients but the head ache will come when they go to town or when i am in town checking stalls or doing PVP i crash alot then after so many crashes there is a box saying D3D9x error.
i have been having this problem for three years since i dont have the cash for an ugrade coz i have to feed 3 mouths inthe house a wife and 2 daughters
i really appreciate it if you could teach me how to set up my pc for stable running 3 clients
pls can anyone help me thank you.
Old 03/16/2012, 08:27   #7

you have to login 1 client normally, w/o bots and stuff.
then when you logged in, you set up the graphic settings tn 800x600 pixel, and disable all the "effects" like reflection on the wather and sound and stuff.
then when you saved it, logout and start your bots, then they will automatically have the settings, you ve selected at your last login.
with those settings you should be able to run 3 clients easyli.
Old 03/26/2012, 16:50   #8

i already set to to the lowest possible settings but still wen i go to alex north to check on stuffs being on sale. the client would just crash and there is a small box icon saying D3D9 application, and i have already installed latest direct x and ati radeon x1550 driver the problem is when im in town T_T anymore helpful tips sir?
Old 03/29/2012, 11:08   #9

yes the d3d9 error is pretty strange since it shouldn t popup anymore since you ve installed the direct X 9+.
if you ve only open 1 client does this error come too?
because idk how old your radeon x1550 is, but can it be that the card doesn t support direct X 9 and higher?
the only "tip" is when you re in town you can press "v" so the PCs will hide and you can only see the NPCs, but if you wanna check the stalls i think that won t help that much.