Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > Soldier Front
You last visited: Today at 05:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[tut]HOW to remove red names on SF replay

Discussion on [tut]HOW to remove red names on SF replay within the Soldier Front forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb [tut]HOW to remove red names on SF replay

of you cant follow the steps written just watch the video below

For this tutorial you will need:
- Cygnus Hex Editor (free to download at , download button on the left)

--- Sending Replays ---
If you want to send in a frag for a movie, you'll need to send your replay file (.rpl) to someone else. A lot of people don't know how to do this, and it's handy if you can explain them how to do it.

Basically it's done like this:
Go to your replay folder, by default located in C:/ijji/ENGLISH/u_sf/data/save. Here you'll see all your replay files. Note that it's NOT the case that every file corresponds with a replay. Generally speaking matches that contain more data (more rounds, more players, more chat, more kills, etc) are larger files, and sometimes one match can be divided up in to two or even three replay files. However, scrim replays are always one file.

Of course, you'll have the following problem: Which replay is the one I'm looking for? A replay's name is set up as such: _2009December09195629. The red glowing text being the date of the replay. I'm afraid I have no idea if any of the other numbers correspond with information referring to the replay, HOWEVER there is a method of determining which replay it is without having to go ingame.

Open your replay in Cygnus hex editor. You should see three columns, like this:

In the right column there should be player names along with their clans displayed as such: [email protected]* (The player being SureShot* and clan being Recurve). From those names you should be able to determine which replay it is.

To transfer those replays, simply open your transferring utility (msn, email, xfire, whatever) and simply send the replay file you want to your partner. He / She will have to save / copy this replay to his/her replay folder, the same one you sent your one from. It'll then open in their SF. PLEASE NOTE: If you delete your replay ingame, there's NO WAY of restoring it! So don't, always remove your replays from your folder, just in case you might want to use them later on.

Sometimes your partner will have to add .rpl to the end of the file name in order to have SF accept it as a replay file. However this isn't normally the case.

If you wish to rename your replay, so you can later on find out which is which, simply right-click and change the file name. Sometimes you will have to add .rpl to the file name again. I recommend setting Cygnus as your default program to open .rpl files.

--- Hacking SF Replays ---

This is the more tricky part. What does it do? No, it doesn't remove your red names. What it does is it enables you to access freeroaming and the other team in a replay, instead of being stuck to the host team.

To do it, do the following:

1. Open the replay in Cygnus Hex Editor.
2. You'll notice a pattern like this: ......A367...........A323..........B366..........A 312.
3. Scroll down, and at a certain point, this pattern will stop, you'll see several lines of chat from the replay (''SureShot*: Are you sure dude?'' stuff like that), and then suddenly you'll see no more patterns, just: ..T..Af..s1...B.s..3..a.xd..6...g.a.ik..1 and so on. Here's a pic of what i mean:

You see the 3rd column follows a pattern, then chat from aF, then no specific pattern.
4. This is the place you want. Now do this: Highlight the dots AFTER the LAST A765/B128/any other random letter+3numbers. Sets of numbers in the middle column should be highlighted too. Now, search in the replay for the NEXT ''02'' in the replay, click right in front of it, type ''01'' (WITHOUT DELETING THE 02, IT'LL WRITE OVER THEM, YOU DONT WANT TO MESS UP YOUR REPLAY) and save. The value ''02'' will now be changed to ''01'' and you'll be able to switch teams again.

If you have trouble finding the next 02, highlight those dots, press ctrl+f, and type ''02'' to automatically find the next 02.

I recommend making backups of your replays just in case you mess them up.

All of this is explained more extensively in a video guide (not by me):

credits to:
sureshot
USFvideoshop
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/23/2010, 06:18   #2

great tut ^_^
Old 06/23/2010, 08:30   #3

yeahh . .hope itll help
Old 06/23/2010, 14:42   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,790
It didnt helped me at all, the one you teach is changing the permission, not removing the red name on the rpl..
Old 06/24/2010, 12:56   #5

Thanks Great Help
Old 06/25/2010, 07:40   #6

btw some said it is not working for 2010 patch. i dunno but this is still working. .2009 replay tapes. try 2010 also if iy works
Old 06/25/2010, 15:03   #7

elite*gold: 1
this is hard because I saw some different patterns and not like that...

« help | Need Help!! »