Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya
You last visited: Today at 14:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request] How Change Mode Stat Points and Skill Points?

Discussion on [Request] How Change Mode Stat Points and Skill Points? within the Shaiya forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 06/10/2010, 23:50   #31

elite*gold: 0
also my friend is good at prgoramming with stats p
Old 06/12/2010, 12:20   #32

OK Thanks Lilpro figured out the op codes and edited the ps_game.exe in hxd and it works perfectly no code caving neccesary for that
Old 06/12/2010, 17:51   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalSniper View Post
OK Thanks Lilpro figured out the op codes and edited the ps_game.exe in hxd and it works perfectly no code caving neccesary for that
What?! and after all that no release of the patched ps_game.exe?

JK, but still if you have it figured out, could you please either release your patched file (with info about the new stat per mode), or a detailed tutorial for the rest of us?

Thank you very much.
Old 06/13/2010, 14:41   #34

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by T313C0mun1s7 View Post
What?! and after all that no release of the patched ps_game.exe?

JK, but still if you have it figured out, could you please either release your patched file (with info about the new stat per mode), or a detailed tutorial for the rest of us?

Thank you very much.
ummm, lilpro pretty much gave ya all the info you need.

I'll try to sum it up though.

1. Run CE, load ps_game into it.

2. run your shaiya and log on to server. create a new char. load char. lvl up once.(helps if you set /exp2xenable 100).

3. set CE to search for a 2 byte value. then scan for the stat points your char just accumilated.(do not distribute your stat points yet.)

4. lvl once more then rescan for the new stat point value, that should get you the address you need. double click address to add to list, and right click on the address on the list, select "find out what accesses this address", and level again. BAM!!! there is the opcode, should be something like add word ptr blah blah blah.

you should be able to figure out the rest on your own.

tested on HM other modes may differ.
Old 06/13/2010, 16:47   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunder702 View Post
you should be able to figure out the rest on your own.
I make my living in IT, and I am have setup one of the Nation's first Fiber-to-the-Home developments, worked with a couple of the first Wireless ISP's, including designing and implementing one, have networked several multi-tenant office buildings, Administered the first VoIP PBX that was commercially available while it was still in beta, and I generally am pretty good at networking, and server administration in general. But alas, Database administration, programming, and hacking are all outside of my area of expertise - so in this area I am afraid you may have overestimated me.
Old 06/13/2010, 18:12   #36

Cool

Quote:
I make my living in IT, and I am have setup one of the Nation's first Fiber-to-the-Home developments, worked with a couple of the first Wireless ISP's, including designing and implementing one, have networked several multi-tenant office buildings, Administered the first VoIP PBX that was commercially available while it was still in beta, and I generally am pretty good at networking, and server administration in general. But alas, Database administration, programming, and hacking are all outside of my area of expertise - so in this area I am afraid you may have overestimated me.
Wow! impressive. here are my qualifications

I'm a high school dropout, recovering alcoholic pot smoker. lol! funny but true.

I have all the confidance in the world that you'd be able to figure out the rest.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/14/2010, 00:53   #37

Quote:
Wow! impressive. here are my qualifications

I'm a high school dropout, recovering alcoholic pot smoker. lol! funny but true.

I have all the confidance in the world that you'd be able to figure out the rest.
LOL, I hope so because I am still trying to figure out why we where digging for a opcode client side in order to change the point given per level server side. My guess would be that this is the type of thing that would be stored in the database somewhere, especially since so much of the game logic is actually stored procedures and triggers rather than part of an executable. But from what I have gathered from this thread this particular thing is actually stored it the game/server executable, which seems odd to me.

lilpro is a great hacker (classical sense and not a cracker I hope ;-P ) but admits to not being that into administration. I am the other side of the coin - so things that code warriors like you and lilpro take for granted and don't even mention are not even a part of my universe. Just like if I told you the that the echo in the VoIP conversation was obviously a impedance mismatch at the media gateway, anyone with real VoIP provider experience would do a and think DUH I will get right on that. However, someone that is not familiar with it would need to be told that the Media Gateway is a separate piece of equipment from the VoIP server that interfaces with the phone company via a PRI line over a T-1 and that the line resistance the phone company is providing is not that same that the T-1 port is setup to accept. So you need to get the Phone Company to come out so they can be set to be the same to eliminate the echo.

So you are right, I could probably figure it out if I had to, but I have other priorities and the pServer is always the last one as it is just something to do when I am not working. I would love it if you could hold my hand a bit more and get me through with what exactly I am suppose to do once I have the opcode to the ps_game.exe and how. Also, unless the code you found changes for each person (which would really make my head spin, since shouldn't all the server stuff be the same) could you provide the opcodes you found so everyone does not have to duplicate the efforts you already performed for us.

It is this sharing of knowledge and using our different non-overlapping talents that will move the pServer community for Shaiya forward. Too many people are keeping things to themselves - this is counter to everything that has made the computer community what exists today. I know that lilpro made a commitment to a server group, and I respect that, but I think a few hackers around here have forgotten the hacker ethic. Especially #1 and #2
  • Access to computers—and anything which might teach you something about the way the world works—should be unlimited and total. Always yield to the Hands-On Imperative!
  • All information should be free.
  • Mistrust authority—promote decentralization.
  • Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not criteria such as degrees, age, race, sex, or position.
  • You can create art and beauty on a computer.
  • Computers can change your life for the better.

Regardless of if we are IT Professionals or High School Dropouts ( I dropped out and then went back) the pServer community's very existence is in one form or another promoting all of the points above. Yet I still can't find a clear explanation on how to do many things - even though we know they are doable and have been figured out because others are doing it on their pServers.

I am just saying - share the love man, share the love. We could make things much better here if people would post what they learned, because none of us would be doing this if Poly, ZeroSignal, lilprohacker, et all did not post tutorials and share what they figured out.

Ok, I guess I am done with my rant, and Yes - I probably could have figured it out on my own if I had directed my energy to doing it rather than ranting. That being said, geeks have always been bad at documenting and that is normal and acceptable, but when people start intentionally holding back on the details of what they have figured out they only hurt the community as a whole.
Old 06/14/2010, 02:32   #38

Quote:
LOL, I hope so because I am still trying to figure out why we where digging for a opcode client side in order to change the point given per level server side.
the opcode is not client sided, ps_game.exe is server sided.

everytime you level, ps_game.exe(not to be confused with the game.exe in shayia folder). stores your chars. statpoints.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/14/2010, 03:00   #39

Kinda off topic but related. I assume this is the same basic procedure to remove death mode(deletion of UM with no runes)? Or would there be two different codes, one for UM and one for HM?
Old 06/14/2010, 05:56   #40

Quote:
the opcode is not client sided, ps_game.exe is server sided.

everytime you level, ps_game.exe(not to be confused with the game.exe in shayia folder). stores your chars. statpoints.
So if I understand you right, I do this just like I would for for most game hacks with cheat engine, but I load the ps_game.exe as the process on the server while I am playing the game with my client. That makes more sense

WAIT! You actually said that in step 1

Then what? Do I have to run CE and have it lock that every time the server is running, or is there a process to change the code in the .exe itself. I guess that is what a "patch" would be. I must admit the games I have played with hacks have always had trainers running at the same time, I have never tried a patch (on a game) - but I know it can be done as I have seen the option in the menus of CE.

Ok, I guess I need to do some reading and experimenting. If I figure it out I will post my patch for verification and for others to use.
Old 06/15/2010, 10:19   #41

Quote:
Then what? Do I have to run CE and have it lock that every time the server is running, or is there a process to change the code in the .exe itself.

Ok, I guess I need to do some reading and experimenting. If I figure it out I will post my patch for verification and for others to use.
ummm, now your starting to scare me, lol

guess it's time to learn how to use Olly.

Link to tutorials.

Old 06/15/2010, 14:51   #42

Quote:
ummm, now your starting to scare me, lol

guess it's time to learn how to use Olly.

Link to tutorials.

Downloaded the full list - TY

BTW, I did say programming / hacking was TOTALLY foreign to me.
Old 06/23/2010, 19:05   #43

Uff... Alot of stuffs need to learn
Old 07/11/2010, 12:52   #44

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,003
I think people would get a ton of hugs and thanks if they'd just post a tutorial on this. x.x
Old 07/30/2010, 12:10   #45

I know you can do this >.< you did on your server. Let the world know how!!!!!! (pls)
Closed Thread