Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 05:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ep5 skills, need assistance please... No begging!

Discussion on Ep5 skills, need assistance please... No begging! within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 12/30/2010, 21:41   #16

elite*gold: 0
Problem is, that they can be modified, or manipulated is already known, everyone figured that out on theirselves already lol, when i figured out alot of stuff which took me hours, other people said, we already knew that >.<. The trick is now, HOW to activate them, and how to get them to trigger the DB connection.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/05/2011, 19:47   #17

I was just curious, but wouldn't it be easier to add the 4+ lvl skills in as new skills rather then struggling to get skills to go above lvl 3? or would that start up a whole new crop of problems?
Old 01/05/2011, 22:01   #18

Im working on an aproach similar to that but is nothing trivial. For example with buffs: say "Leadership Lv3", then you level it up to 4 and use it. If you previously had used lv3 you will be buffed with both "Leadership Lv3" and "Leadership Lv4". That is the problem Im having right now. Any ideas are welcome.
Old 01/05/2011, 22:35   #19

ps_game.exe doesn't have realtime contact with the sql db for skills [in fact anything that has a static nature to it is loaded at startup and unless restarted or using GUI command line to reload wont take effect]. Now using CE if one scrolls to the hex cache of the loaded DB, it is only loading up to skill 3.

This means that the SQL procedures within ps_game.exe are truncating the DB at 3 [either by additive (1+2+3,end) or maximum(3<=)]. This is why even if you remove the limits/checks later on in the server the skills do not work. The server does not understand the existence of these skills >3, because as far as it is concerned they do not exist.
Old 01/05/2011, 23:32   #20

oLago, you are right. I said that on a previous post. However the SQL Queries from ps_game.exe dont limit the level to 3, using a sql profiler you can see that it retrieves all the skills (up to lvl 100) however they get lost somewhere before reaching the memory.

By the way what is the GUI command to restart the ps_game.exe service? that would be very usefull since /help doesn't tell very much...
Old 01/06/2011, 05:33   #21

Sorry i did not mean to imply the command line could restart the server [though it might there are several commands I haven't messed with] its the command line to reload specific changes to the static DBs, most of the /re<specific> commands do this. If you need a better explanation than this you can message me or i can make a post in a more appropriate or an individual thread.
Old 01/10/2011, 01:45   #22

elite*gold: 260
oh the /nt command in the game server command line posts a notice, incase anyone didnt know