Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 16:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help] Disable a mode from gaining EXP at certain level

Discussion on [Help] Disable a mode from gaining EXP at certain level within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question [Help] Disable a mode from gaining EXP at certain level

Hi, I have looked for this answer around the forum and saw a few posts where people speak of it but no certain answer.

I am trying to make hard mode (grow 2 by command... or grow 3 in expdefs) unable to level after level 60. I had seen a suggestion to look at expdefs for grow 0 (easy mode) since the original DB should have that set to not level past 30. Well looking at the unmodified expdefs in my original DB grow 0 starts repeating the same value for each level after 30.. so I tried this on grow 3, and all it did was make the char level faster since the number didnt increase each level (what I would expect with common sense) so there goes that idea... ofc the DB does not allow NULL in any valid row so that isnt possible... setting each level after at 0 keeps you at 100% ready to level indefinitely after 60.. so nope.

Would deleting each row after 60 from the DB entirely just for that grow state possibly work? or would this just ruin the table and error my exe?

I'd like some input from someone knowledgeable before trying this. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02/16/2015, 09:29   #2

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,262
You can edit usp_Save_Char_Info_E. You should add a check and If hard mode char's level is more than level 60 it will set it back to level 60.
Old 02/16/2015, 12:17   #3

Is a good idea, but I am trying to think of how this check would have to be written. It wouldnt be as simple as returning them to 60, it would have to subtract also any stat/skill points gained for however many levels they managed to gain and I'm no sql expert lol. Though I am constantly trying to grow and learn, and remember what I manage to apply.

Additionally i could set the expdefs to max (2147483647) for each level after 60 to make it take a while.. but still doesnt make it impossible.

I do see now though.. easy mode limitations arent because of expdefs... i am not sure if it is set in another stored procedure or hard coded in the ps_game.exe
Old 02/16/2015, 21:06   #4

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,262
I had some free time so... Here you go.

P.S. I haven't tested it but yea it should do the job.
Attached Files
File Type: rar hard mode restriction level 60.rar (887 Bytes, 90 views)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/17/2015, 07:31   #5

Thank you JuuF

I'll test it and post my results here.
Old 02/19/2015, 11:11   #6

The script works perfectly so far, ty JuuF. If I find any bugs or side effects with it.. I'll be sure to post them.