Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 06:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to fix unwanted items dropping in game

Discussion on How to fix unwanted items dropping in game within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to fix unwanted items dropping in game

Have you had the most annoying bug or glitch where you just get items, that is not located in any grade? Been so pissed off at this item that you just wanna smash your database? Well... I had that issue too! Here is a quick fix to get ridd of the freaken bug! It's not a permanent solution at all, it's just a quick fix untill I fugre out where the actual problem is occuring.

This fix is for those who obtain items in game, that is NOT in the database at all, and you don't understand WHY this item is dropping. In my case, map 3 drops armor and defense lapisia.

Here is a somewhat noobish guide to fixing the issue. Take note: I'm not a developer, and I'm not good at this stuff eighter, but at least I share and try to help others with their issues.

Here is a link to the original issue:

1: shstudio - find itemid [ItemID=95 1, 95 6] of stupid item dropping. ( ofc in the items.sdata)

2: change Level on the item to a higher level then what people can get to in game... In my case, I changed it to 61, since max level is 60.

3: Change description of the item to scare the players... In my case: "Sell it, this item WILL break your gear if trying to link."

4: Save Item.SData, if you got Shstudio correctly setup, you'll recieve a seriousely long script...

5: Login to your database, and open up the very long script. Erase the "TRUNCATE TABLE [PS_GameDefs].[dbo].[Items];" part of the script... Or else your entire table will say good bye...

6: Find and locate the item(s) that you are experiencing the bug with..

In my case:

7: Delete stuff you don't need...
these are the only things that I need to fix my problem:

8: Then FIND the items... Because you'r gonna need to SEE what you actually change.. And if you don't understand what does what, please read ProfNerwosol's guide here:

So please do like this, and find what the actual numbers and stuff means....

9: Copy and paste those two things into a new query. Now you need to convert the INSERT INTO script to a UPDATE script.

The reason WHY you need to do this, is to make the item that you are targeting useless. Yes, I said useless...

Like this:

That is what I need to do to make my item useless. However, be carefull. Your database does not have the same values, or stuff like what mine is, since I have modified mine.

My fields i've modified to mean these things:
ReqLevel = What char level needs to be to use item
ReqVg = My linking chance (0=can't be linked)
Slot = 0=can't be placed into item, 1=requires 1 slot to link
Count = stackable 0=Can't be obtained
sell = *duh* selling price...

I hope this works as good for you, as it did for me.

TAKE NOTE:
I've got a very modified database, so DO NOT follow each step to just exactly how I did it. That's just gonna give you errors and stuff... Know your database, and make the changes. Learn to do stuff, and fail while doing it to learn.

Good luck
Old 09/14/2012, 16:31   #2

anouther way to fix items that are dropping in game would be to set their grade in the sql to 99 or 999 these two grades are set not to drop by default. or you could look in to your mob items for the grade of the items that are dropping that you do not want to drop and just change the grade to some thing you want it to drop. that is the simple fix for items that are dropping that you do not want to drop.
Old 09/14/2012, 16:36   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-Phoenix-_ View Post
anouther way to fix items that are dropping in game would be to set their grade in the sql to 99 or 999 these two grades are set not to drop by default. or you could look in to your mob items for the grade of the items that are dropping that you do not want to drop and just change the grade to some thing you want it to drop. that is the simple fix for items that are dropping that you do not want to drop.
Here is the link to the origianl post with the detailed information about the issue in the first place: