Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 13:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ShaiyaServers - The PServer Blog

Discussion on ShaiyaServers - The PServer Blog within the Shaiya PServer Advertising forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post ShaiyaServers - The PServer Blog

Since we are playing anyway, we decided to blog about the servers we are trying. We switch servers a lot and are neither GM nor GS anywhere, we just enjoy playing. By now i think we offer enough content to be interesting for elitepvpers.

All servers we test are english only.

Backlink is in the Blogroll.

Edit from the co-author for people who like to read:

Quote:
Hello everyone,
There are a lot of private servers out there, and all the players spread all over, the times when we could have had a PvP in sizes of raid versus raid under decent PvP conditions are way back in the past.
As a player who saw the best PvP setup so far in shaiya, I want to see a running healthy server with a decent amount of people to provide joy and nice gameplay. It won't happen if more and more servers keep showing up and players spread over the servers even more.
That's why we started a blog, with reviews of the servers we play and try out anyway and little advises to the current and future GMs. It will help players decide easier which server they want to play and point them the right way depending on their preferences, PvE, PvP or both in a balanced server.
We hope this blog will be helpful to many of you and we meet the ep4-fans in-game soon.
Thanks
18 Users
Old 02/25/2012, 17:34   #2

I would like to see this thread on "STICKY".

So..yeah, John you have to do it. :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/25/2012, 18:12   #3

i think this is a very good idea, and i'd like to see more of it
Old 02/26/2012, 02:26   #4

good reviews.
Old 02/26/2012, 04:28   #5

Nice
Old 02/26/2012, 05:50   #6

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Really nice idea, I was planning on do something like this some months ago but my job + university are not allowing me to test servers as I did in the past so.....

#Stickied
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/26/2012, 06:30   #7

Very well written reviews! May I suggest some additions?

I think it may be helpful to the player base to have experienced players like yourselves reviewing servers breaks down the reviews into specific categories. For example some categories could be: availability of server information(clarity/accuracy of drop list, what has been changed, etc), friendliness to newcomers to the server (not player friendliness as that can't really be controlled, but more like how many expected hours of farming to be PVP ready and such), donation advantages, leveling difficulty, estimated server population & PVP activity, staff competence, etc...

Different players are looking for different things, so it may be helpful to have some common focused points brought into the reviews. Also using a common and consistent structure in the write-ups would help users of the site to find information quicker and more effectively. An example of what I mean by this:
Code:
Category 1 analysis
   blah blah
Category 2 analysis
   blah blah
Category 3 analysis
   blah blah
Miscellaneous points
   blah blah
Overall Impression
  blah blah
You wouldn't necessary need to score the categories, as every person weights server traits differently, but a general view within each category could be useful.

Also I skimmed the top article I saw on the page today and this was an excerpt:
Code:
Diavolo Elixier is a potion that I see for first time in this server but it restores HP, MP and SP by 90% and no matter what the description says this is NOT a “Potion for PvP”. This is the first PvP fail I spotted in this server and since I explained already my opinion about pots I am not going to do it again and make a huge annoying post.
A new viewer of the site will probably not know where to find Cheffo's opinion on potions, is it possible for you to provide a link back to the referenced material within the article in situations like that?

This is one of the more useful and original things I have seen in the community lately, so keep up the good work!
Thanks
6 Users
Old 02/26/2012, 13:00   #8

Yey for all the nice people liking the blog. I was a bit shy to post it here to start with, but seems like it was a good idea.

abrasive: Thanks for the input. You're right with the backlink. We will divide the Perfect Server Post soon and then have a backlink to the Pot-Section. I understand why you're asking for categories, i thought about the same thing. On the other hand i want you people to read so providing the info too easy would be a mistake.
We are still pretty new so have a little patience with us to find a format that will benefit everyone best.
Old 03/05/2012, 01:13   #9

I love this idea, it really makes me want to start my own blog, but I wouldn't want tosteal such a good idea ^^. I'll be sure to read this alot. Also a suggestion, put the dates on when you did something because something could change on the server and it could be inaccurate later.

Thanks - Opti
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/07/2012, 23:26   #10

The blog entries do have a date, but the new overview page indeed lacks that. Good point, thanks.
Also i dont think there is anything like stealing. There are so many servers out there, if you feel like it, just blog away and i'm the first to link you.
Old 03/08/2012, 01:30   #11

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Just as a little reminder, ElitePvPers also offers an option for every user to have their own blog, just by going on your UserCP, there is the option for you to have your blog in here...just saying
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/13/2012, 06:46   #12

elite*gold: 19
Really nice idea i can see.Looking forward to more reviews =)
Old 03/17/2012, 18:48   #13

When are you guys gonna do another review? It's been over a week now and I really enjoy reading them
Old 03/17/2012, 18:52   #14

They need time and inspiration to write a review. xD

They need to play a server properly, and that need time.
After they know a lot of stuff about the server, they goana write it down.

But yeah, theyr review help a lot, on both sides, Owners and Players.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/18/2012, 18:38   #15

Find it funny how my last post was deleted by ofc John. Why don't you try using your Moderator authority for something other than being a douche? There was no reason for you to delete my post, as it was on topic and not random nor a one word post.

Anyways like I said (all though nicely put before), you guys completely stole the idea of Shaiya Central, but made it a blog instead. GL to u.