Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need help with basic setups? Ask here to avoid flooding the forumw ith posts!

Discussion on Need help with basic setups? Ask here to avoid flooding the forumw ith posts! within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Need help with basic setups? Ask here to avoid flooding the forum with posts!

Like the title says, if you have any questions, please ask it in here, the forum needs to stay tidy, and making a new thread for every question can get confusing. Basically what i will do is make a FAQ. Answer will be put in this post. I will not be the only one to answer though, most answers are already out there! Just ask your question, and i will add it in ^^. This post will cover all the server sided stuff. I will reserve another post for the client side down this one.

[SERVER FAQ]

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi01 View Post
kk i'm having issues here
if you can help me tyvm, if you can't ty anyways :P
-normal
-normal
-error x.x
This error is fairly common. If you buy a new computer, it gets filled with standard programs. SQL has a lite version, that comes preinstalled. I advice is to uninstall EVERY SQL related program. After this is done, restart your computer, and browse to your program files. In here delete all the SQL folders. SQL looks at the folder structure in some cases to restore lost instances, a previous broken installation can corrupt the installation program. If you have 64-bit, make sure you clear out both the Program Files and Program Files (x86). Let me know if this fixes the problem!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow5833 View Post
i have a question that cant seem to be answered by anyone -.-
i want to load ep4 skills into my db instead of ep5 skills
i would go with an ep4 db..but..i already did all my drops, edits, etc in my ep5 db
and i really dont want to do that again just for skills x.x
so is there any way for me to load an ep4 skill.dbo into an ep5 db? or to import a ep4 skill.csv in without errors? x.x
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthCrush View Post
Yeah, there shouldn't be a problem doing this. Try renaming your current ep5 databases, then attach the ep4 databases, then rename those to xx_ep4. Then name the ep5 databases back to normal. Then name the ep5 skills db to xx_ep5 and the ep4 skills db to normal.

During my first development phase I actually had 5 different sets of databases attached this way.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2010, 15:43   #2

[CLIENT FAQ]

#Reserved
Old 12/23/2010, 22:06   #3

-normal

-normal

-error x.x
Old 12/23/2010, 23:59   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danco1990 View Post
# Moderator, could you please change my title to *** forum with *** instead of *** forumw ith ***
# Could you please add a yellow warning sign to this thread? Easier to spot ^^
I'm pretty sure, since you created the thread, you can still edit the title and the icon. Do an edit on your original post and try to change it.
Old 12/24/2010, 05:40   #5

Received Thanks: 1,066
i would go with an ep4 db..but..i already did all my drops, edits, etc in my ep5 db
so is there any way for me to load an ep4 skill.dbo into an ep5 db? or to import a ep4 skill.csv in without errors? x.x
Old 12/24/2010, 06:23   #6

Yeah, there shouldn't be a problem doing this. Try renaming your current ep5 databases, then attach the ep4 databases, then rename those to xx_ep4. Then name the ep5 databases back to normal. Then name the ep5 skills db to xx_ep5 and the ep4 skills db to normal.

During my first development phase I actually had 5 different sets of databases attached this way.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2010, 13:15   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi01 View Post

-normal

-normal

-error x.x
You are trying to install SQL over a previous instance already installed (or) you already have SQL installed.

Quote:
Didn't you successfully install ep4 DB?, but you were saying that ep5 skills were still accessible even though you had a ep4 DB
Old 12/24/2010, 13:50   #8

Received Thanks: 1,066
Quote:

i didnt exactly do it that way
but it set me on the right track and i fixed everything
[Thanked]
Old 12/24/2010, 19:11   #9

[QUOTE=zargon05;8279417]You are trying to install SQL over a previous instance already installed (or) you already have SQL installed.

i know, what i'm trying to find out is why is it doing that when it's the first time doing it on this pc
Old 12/24/2010, 19:38   #10

Quote:
I'm pretty sure, since you created the thread, you can still edit the title and the icon. Do an edit on your original post and try to change it.
Afraid not, i got a normal user account that is limited to bits. We should request to be able to change the title though lol.

Used your answer in my post btw, quoted your name too.
Old 12/25/2010, 00:06   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danco1990 View Post
Afraid not, i got a normal user account that is limited to bits. We should request to be able to change the title though lol.

Used your answer in my post btw, quoted your name too.
Can you edit your original post in Advanced mode ("Go Advanced")? I tried this on an old thread I made and it looked like I was able to change the title and icon.
Old 12/27/2010, 17:26   #12

Quote:
Can you edit your original post in Advanced mode ("Go Advanced")? I tried this on an old thread I made and it looked like I was able to change the title and icon.
ZOMFG /facepalm...

I feel nub now xD

I totally oversaw that bit lol, thank you!
Old 12/28/2010, 00:16   #13

Hey man tyvm that worked out great!!!
Old 12/28/2010, 00:21   #14

Received Thanks: 1,777
this will answer alot of questions that have been asked before

^^doing my part
Old 12/29/2010, 00:23   #15

Taking away my post credit -.-' lol