Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Suggestion] Split this forum category into two seperate ones immediately

Discussion on [Suggestion] Split this forum category into two seperate ones immediately within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Suggestion] Split this forum category into two seperate ones immediately

I and many other would like to separate forum categories :
"Shaiya Private Server Development"
"Shaiya Private Server Advertisements"

We are sick to ****** death of reading slanderous posts against various private Servers and constant bickering on one another.

Most of the actual Shaiya PS developers contribute little to nothing here because of this reason and have defected to another site. We want the bitchy morons out of our Dev forums, so constructive discussions and meaningful contributions to the scene can be made again.

People who have actually contributed to Private Server Dev please make a post your support in this change. Shaiya players we dont want your stupid flaming responses and if you know whats good for the scene you will keep your mouths shut.

Thanks for reading.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/15/2010, 03:37   #2

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,003
I agree however I think it should be split into more than 2 sections:
  • Server Advertisement/Discussion
  • Shaiya Server Developement Tutorials
  • Shaiya Server Releases
  • Shaiya Server Support
Old 12/15/2010, 04:08   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,727
I totally agree Zero.
Old 12/15/2010, 06:26   #4

I agree with Zero as well.
Old 12/15/2010, 07:51   #5

you got my approval Zero, I agree 100%
Old 12/15/2010, 10:29   #6

Received Thanks: 1,066
i fully agree to this
Old 12/15/2010, 13:29   #7

I agree as well.
Old 12/15/2010, 17:54   #8

Agreed
Old 12/15/2010, 23:35   #9

/agree

Please do something Mod.
Old 12/16/2010, 02:31   #10

/agree
This forum start to be unreadable cose of the ammount of messie usless posts
Old 12/16/2010, 15:57   #11

Bit late, but agreed. You could use the layout of another Shaiya development forum. Don't know if im allowed to post a link here, but most of you know which one i mean, and not R@ge****.
Old 12/16/2010, 17:40   #12

Signal,

Although I agree with you about the slander, flaming, and general bashing to be an issue on the forums, there' a single major flaw in your logic: No matter how many categories you split a set of forums into, it's not going to quit. People are going to continue to do those things, regardless of how everyone else feels.

Is it rude? Most definitely. However, it's not going to stop people from expressing how they feel about certain servers. That's why this forum is in existence; To allow people to state their opinions, regardless of how rude they may be, to a certain extent.

I've visited your dev team forums, and have learned quite a bit about pserver development from both your site, and this one. However, there's 1 major difference between the 2 sites: This one is a little more friendly and helpful overall than yours. The Dev Team forums, I've found to be little more than a clique-like site, only open to people who have absolutely no problems whatsoever in completing a full task with half of the instructions given. When someone posts a question about the steps, I've seen people get flamed for not using "brain.exe" or banned because they were "rude" and were only trying to get their problem solved.

As far as people not contributing: I've noticed a lot of people that don't post on the sites about their contributions, because they don't come up with any unique solutions to certain issues at hand. Does that mean they don't contribute? Not at all. I personally know of several people that deliver PServer support via IM programs, and expect nothing in return for what they've done to help the community outside of the forums (myself included.)

Although I can also see your frustration, the wording in your post makes you sound almost hypocritical. Calling people "stupid" and "bitchy morons" automatically places your post into a status of "flaming". Also, your sentence about people "keeping their mouths shut" sounds like a threat of some kind, and should be removed.

Personally, the only sentence I see in your post that doesn't make your post entirely hypocritical, is this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
Thanks for reading.
My first actual forum contribution to the Dev Team, and you personally, is a recommendation to think about what you say before you say it. If you'd like to get a logical point across, use some in return, as well as a little less frustration, and no threatening-like sentences.

Good day
Old 12/16/2010, 17:50   #13

Agreed 110%
Old 12/16/2010, 22:18   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Zero View Post
<lots of words>
You missed the point.

We simply need a place where we can post about dev specific stuff without the server posts.
The server posts are the problem. They can go in their own section and the flaming can be there.

Having a Dev - Release/Tutorial/Help sections separate from the server announcements are all we really need.

I like epvp. I like the style and formatting. I don't really like the formatting options and the isolation of the new dev forum, but I have to admit that it is much easier to find information there, which has always been a problem here. With the small adjustment that ZeroSignal has proposed, this would fix it.
Old 12/16/2010, 22:57   #15

Always someone that wants to change something to the way they like it, and he QQ's it in a post telling us to keep our mouth shut lmao.

I hear what your saying, however, when I started reading this forum it was because I actually wanted to start my own server. There is a lot here to take in when you have no clue on what the hell your doing. That is what I liked. Then I stumbled on posts where people were posting their creations saying "check it out". If we check it out and find an issue, don't expect us not to tell you what we think!

If it is about your server where people are flaming, simply do like the GM's of Pandora do, ask the topic to be locked!

If you don't like the posting about someone Else's server then Don't read that post anymore!! It's not hard, just don't click on it! I am pretty sure if they asked a forum moderator to close the topic, that's what would happen!

I myself am very bored with playing the game itself, however I do like trying all the different servers where people are posting saying "give it a try". In my opinion some servers are Pathetic and some are really awesome. I also Like to know what people have to say about the different servers before I waste my time or bandwidth downloading them.

and oh yeah, lets change the forums it would make life so much easier. I don't know how many times I have hurt my pointer finger clicking on page 1, page 2 lol

But I do kinda agree with the different sections, my post wouldn't have been this way if someone didn't tell people to shut it. Be constructive not rude...is a simple concept.