Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Host recommendations

Discussion on Host recommendations within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Host recommendations

Hello everyone. For a few months now i have had my own server setup on my machine for my own personal amusement.

Since the fall of a greatly beloved server I have been approached numerous times by friends and family asking if i had plans to take mine public rather than just for private friend and family use.

After careful consideration I am thinking of doing just that. While I am researching costs and options for retaining rights to do so I am also preparing for doing so without.

I come to you all with a request for recommendations on hosting. I know my current connection and setup cannot handle the load i am looking to carry efficiently. Hence, I have been looking into outside hosting options. While I have found much that would suffice for prices I can live with, I still may have one problem.

I am looking for a non-US host. I will not get into the reasoning as anyone with any background in this situation will already know what I am looking for and why. So I ask, anyone have any recommendations from personal experience?

I can read all the features and such I want. However, what I am looking for is personal recommendations from those who have dealt with potential companies.

I thank you all in advance for any and all help provided.
Old 04/29/2010, 01:52   #2

add me on msn we can talk.
Old 04/29/2010, 09:18   #3

i need some info abou that too
Old 04/29/2010, 16:40   #4

Good luck to you on that a shaiya evolution private server replacement would be very very nice =)
Old 05/11/2010, 12:01   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb3rcl View Post
Hello everyone. For a few months now i have had my own server setup on my machine for my own personal amusement.

Since the fall of a greatly beloved server I have been approached numerous times by friends and family asking if i had plans to take mine public rather than just for private friend and family use.

After careful consideration I am thinking of doing just that. While I am researching costs and options for retaining rights to do so I am also preparing for doing so without.

I come to you all with a request for recommendations on hosting. I know my current connection and setup cannot handle the load i am looking to carry efficiently. Hence, I have been looking into outside hosting options. While I have found much that would suffice for prices I can live with, I still may have one problem.

I am looking for a non-US host. I will not get into the reasoning as anyone with any background in this situation will already know what I am looking for and why. So I ask, anyone have any recommendations from personal experience?

I can read all the features and such I want. However, what I am looking for is personal recommendations from those who have dealt with potential companies.

I thank you all in advance for any and all help provided.
I hate to be the one to bust your bubble but, If you do happen to go the "license" route, you won't be able to edit ANY content. Yes, there I said it... all pservers with modified data is NOT license and risk alot.. however there is some loopholes.. it is all illegal. Its a chance every Pserver takes.
Old 05/11/2010, 15:06   #6

and btw, the risk is pretty high

GMs know this forum, they know alot more too..
and just google'ing for "shaiya private server" gets them to 100 different sites full of illegal pservers... so i guess they already are aware of the illegally running servers, but they are not such badass guys to close all of them, so i guess all these little pservers with everything-4-free will stay alive even while they are illegal, coz they dont rly hurt the AGE shaiya (most of the players are banned there anyways..)

the reason they closed Evo was simply that it was 1 step better than AGE shaiya and took alot of users, even whole guilds, away from there. even on AGE shaiya's public forum some ppl, and i mean ppl who are usually bigboys in AGE shaiya, gave shaiya evo. as the perfect dream-server.

to make it short: you're right, any modification automatically makes the pserver illegal, but none of em get closed because they dont make any danger for AGE shaiya
Old 05/11/2010, 20:38   #7

A host has already been secured. Aside from that, I am quite aware of the legalities of it all. But ty guys for the messages regarding the hosting (which actually led to me finding said host) as well as the advice on other matters.
Old 05/12/2010, 22:35   #8

Hi.
Im also into it.

You will need a server in a trash country such as china or russia.
For example cinipac. They wont give out any data of yours.

Also the domain should be anonymous. Have a look at godaddy.
You can add a chinese fake adress data into the nic information, so nobody would care/check it.

What you get is an anonymous shaiya server at the *** of the world.
Even if somebody would care - they couldnt get your *** then and also the servers will stay online all the time.

Thats how im doing it.
Actually my server-guy is pretty busy, so im taking care of the website.
Oh you will love it, its same as evo but with some new (unique) feautures.

Ah, one more information at least:
While you pay the server/domain, dont use your regular bank account.
Get a PayPal Fake-account verified and have a look at paysafecard.

So buy thoose cards and move your money onto your paypal account (or if you have a chance to create - a swiss bank account). Never use your regular bank account!
Well, thats all for first.

Good luck, from now on we are competitors.

Greetings
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/12/2010, 23:05   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Hi.
Im also into it.

You will need a server in a trash country such as china or russia.
For example cinipac. They wont give out any data of yours.

Also the domain should be anonymous. Have a look at godaddy.
You can add a chinese fake adress data into the nic information, so nobody would care/check it.

What you get is an anonymous shaiya server at the *** of the world.
Even if somebody would care - they couldnt get your *** then and also the servers will stay online all the time.

Thats how im doing it.
Actually my server-guy is pretty busy, so im taking care of the website.
Oh you will love it, its same as evo but with some new (unique) feautures.

Ah, one more information at least:
While you pay the server/domain, dont use your regular bank account.
Get a PayPal Fake-account verified and have a look at paysafecard.

So buy thoose cards and move your money onto your paypal account (or if you have a chance to create - a swiss bank account). Never use your regular bank account!
Well, thats all for first.

Good luck, from now on we are competitors.

Greetings
There ya have it. A honest answer from what seems to be a honest guy. +rep/thanks.

You left out the important of "masking" Identity via Admin tho.

~Phish