Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DataSah

Discussion on DataSah within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
DataSah

is there a thing to protect the data saf and sah to stop extracting the client for other user? when yes please send me a pm i will pay to this maybe
Old 02/28/2015, 11:45   #2

Ya me to want crypte my data , because i have making many Custom map and don't want people steal me and post here and say is him making that.

Send me PM here . if ou want helpping me
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2015, 02:41   #3

Received Thanks: 3,359
Maps (raw data) cannot be protected.
Only sdata are wrapped with a SEED key, you can choose another key, use it & store "it" in your client. (as you should know the client does not contain the key itself but something else), of course we will then wanna pack your .exe to prevent immediate reading of your "key".
But all this mess will only protect the sdata files.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/04/2015, 08:07   #4

i encrypted my sdata with shaiya crypt dll...all is fine but DATA sah? when i select the client with data tool i try to extract my data sah..this is what i want to protect..sry castor for my stupid question.
Old 03/04/2015, 17:57   #5

Received Thanks: 3,359
the data.saf is a 4+ GB stream built by the concatenation of all individual files; while the data.sah simply stores the name, starting offset and length of each file within that stream.

you can imagine to encipher the sah or the saf, or even both; but nothing exist in standard client to manage that; so you will have to setup your decryption code, inject it, call it whatever it's required; of course, you will have to manage padding (symmetric ciphers work with specific block cipher) and thus to generate a brand new ciphered data.sah or/and saf - you don't want to have to process the first 3GB of the archive to encipher a file stored at such offset.
in short: huge work, still possible if the client uses a limited low level routines to read files (and provide pre-allocated buffer and so on) or paintfull (impossible) if the I/O are spread among a large number of routines.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/05/2015, 05:04   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cansas59 View Post
i encrypted my sdata with shaiya crypt dll...all is fine but DATA sah? when i select the client with data tool i try to extract my data sah..this is what i want to protect..sry castor for my stupid question.
If you mean the plain text key in sdata files, anyone can read it from them, or edit them, and unpack the files.
Thing is, even nexon keeps the oficial client 'open'.

Don't worry about thiefs, if you make a custom map (and your server is advertised here in the forums), put a screenshot off the map in that post, with the post's date will be easy to see 'who had it first'.
Thanks
2 Users