Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Idea] Protecting the Data.saf/ Data.sah

Discussion on [Idea] Protecting the Data.saf/ Data.sah within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation [Idea] Protecting the Data.saf/ Data.sah

Hey Epvpers,
Its been awhile since I posted :P But I come with a new idea, has anyone ever thought of encrypting the data.saf/ data.sah without effecting the end users (a.k.a the players). This is to prevent people who do not have the password or encryption algorithm to extract the data within the files. I personally get so frustrated when I see people who steal other people's work and my own. Especially when you work so hard on it and all they do is extract and import it into their own client. So I am just posting to say I will be researching on ways to do this and I will post if I have a breakthrough, and if anyone would like to help, much would be appreciated.

Lets put a stop to Data thieves!
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/16/2012, 13:51   #2

on the other hand, you should consider those ppl who like to modify their client on a server they play on their own. i, for example, like it to change the style of the PvP ranks, or if theres a gear set i have to wear bc its the best, but i dont like the style, i go into the client and modify the models/textures so it looks for me like i would be wearing another, better looking gear. :/
Old 06/17/2012, 03:06   #3

there is a very simple way! just encrypt the game exe trojan with on, this will not work unless the client is encrypted in and changes the data that they can not be read!

You can also embed a batch file that is active when the "Sah" is encrypted
just edit the sah with point null = point 1 and then no one can start with your files which
Old 06/19/2012, 17:51   #4

Yes I am aware that some people like to edit their clients, but I am talking about protecting the data so that people dont steal it. Like any new stuff that people worked really hard on, such as custom sounds or possibly new gears/ mobs or interface files that they dont want anyone to have. What would be an effective and easy way to prevent extracting ? :P Im still searching. Its more just to protect the files from being extracted then to encrypt them.
Old 06/20/2012, 03:31   #5

Received Thanks: 1,777
Multiple servers have had this, and it's kinda a package deal, if you spend the time making the new gear you also need to spend the time to encrypt the .swf.
Thanks
1 User