Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

About registration page

Discussion on About registration page within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
About registration page

Hi everyone;

I've been looking at hosts and trying to figure out a way to hide the ip address of the server host.

I've managed to get registration page to work on the dedicated host for Shaiya although I had to use sqlsrv since PHP 5 does not support mssql any longer. Therefore I have an issue with finding a host which provides sqlsrv or mssql support.

I've tried to use a host and connect to the dedicated server through but unfortunately I have had no luck doing so.

Is there a simple fix I am missing? Can someone explain how to host the registration page without having to enter the IP Address of the dedicated server on the address bar?

Thank you in advance.
Old 04/16/2012, 05:33   #2

elite*gold: 92
i'm not sure what exactly you need.

But maybe this will help you a bit:

First way: Change your TCP/IP Settings on your MSSQL Server.
If you have done this you can edit the registration-script (IP of MSSQL)

Second way: use iframes (not the best way).

However: if someone wanna see the Server IP, he will get it if he know how to do it.
Old 04/16/2012, 05:55   #3

Are you talking about using a domain name instead of the IP address?

If so you buy a domain name, which you can get for less than $10 a year. Once you have purchased one, you log into the site that you purchased it from. There you will probably find some sort of DNS control panel, which you will add a DNS record that maps to a specific IP address. There you will enter your server's IP address, and after the DNS record gets updated, users around the world will be able to access your site via the url instead of having to use the IP address directly.
Old 04/16/2012, 20:53   #4

Unless you were wanting it free just use no-ip but not the best if you want security.
Old 04/17/2012, 22:52   #5

Received Thanks: 1,407
But how to do a secure registration page using a free host?
Old 04/18/2012, 02:47   #6

Received Thanks: 1,286
If the Registration page is not on the same host as the server, people will always see the IP, even if you use iframes, or a hostname.

It honestly doesn't matter so much trying to hide your IP, at least not in my opinion. While it does make it easier for people to get it, they could still pull the information from your game.exe. The best method would be to install a webhost onto your localhost (the one running the server) and use it there.
Thanks
1 User