Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Any Client use Unpacked&Unencrypted Data?

Discussion on Any Client use Unpacked&Unencrypted Data? within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Any Client use Unpacked&Unencrypted Data?

Hello, i have quit Shaiya long ago but was always wondering about this. Is there a client exe that uses unpacked and unencrypted resource files? Can it be done relatively easily on new clients? I couldn't find this on first few search attempts. Such thing would have been really useful for me back then and who knows, maybe I get back to this stuff.
Old 04/10/2012, 14:36   #2

Received Thanks: 1,286
I think EP3 files did not require encrypted files. You could check that client.
Old 04/12/2012, 22:23   #3

Thanks but what I mainly want is a client that reads unpacked files and not from inside data.saf. Guess i'm out of luck then.
Old 04/13/2012, 03:27   #4

Received Thanks: 1,286
I see. I misunderstood. I have never seen a client like that, I'm sorry mate.
Old 04/13/2012, 10:30   #5

No man, the part you understood is correct. I also want it to use unencrypted files. It's just that I want to be able modify many things easily.

First encrypting then packing for every try makes it a pain. Before this encryption, I was using a hex editor capable of opening files partially and was opening the part I need after I found its location in data.sah. But of course, it was a boring process and you couldn't change much cause things might stop working since all is a package. Well thanks to certain people there are tools for those but still it is a pain to wait for every try. It would be awesome if the client just used separate and unencrypted files. You see I was gonna try modifying many things.

Wish I knew enough assembly and windows logic to figure it out.